Orbis first Alliance Leadership Summit.

Prefontaine

Like the needless peace agreements? :mellow:

Says the man who essentially accused me of extortion on radio.  When you basically rolled up in your Cadillac with suicide doors and said "That's a nice alliance you got there.  It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it."

Prefontaine said that alliances, with 24 hour notice, could appoint someone who was not gov to represent them.  Him speaking at this summit does not make him gov and therefore does not violate the agreement you made.  Pretty black-and-white.  But then, I have to develop a reputation for keeping my contracts.  So maybe I have a less flexible interpretation of commitments I make.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Like the needless peace agreements? :mellow:

Well, I personally voted against any peace agreement, but I doubt this summit will accomplish anything of significance anyway, so...

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Well, I personally voted against any peace agreement, but I doubt this summit will accomplish anything of significance anyway, so...

He was saying that Hereno representing you at the summit would be in violation of your peace agreement and that he would then attack you.  At least, that was the implication.  He was threatening you.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was saying that Hereno representing you at the summit would be in violation of your peace agreement and that he would then attack you.  At least, that was the implication.  He was threatening you.

Oh I know. I'm well aware of what their unreasonable terms were.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

yes,it would would be far better that I try to conspire to exploit their vulnerable position in the middle of a war,then personally attack several of their nations in a raid. Oh wait,that was you.

Stop pretending to care about them when you just want to use the situation to exploit them from another angle.

yes,it would would be far better that I try to conspire to exploit their vulnerable position in the middle of a war,then personally attack several of their nations in a raid. Oh wait,that was you.

Stop pretending to care about them when you just want to use the situation to exploit them from another angle.

I attacked their inactives, quickly realized my mistake, and then paid them back double what I took.  What you and I did is not even comparable.  And arguments exist in a vacuum.  The fact remains that you were threatening them with an attack, in violation of the peace treaty you hand wrote, if they did something that was just very plainly not in violation of the treaty.  That's just... objectively what you did.

And as you said on the radio and in IRC to me: If a gov member does it, it's the entire alliance doing it, right?

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

I attacked their inactives, quickly realized my mistake, and then paid them back double what I took.  What you and I did is not even comparable.  And arguments exist in a vacuum.  The fact remains that you were threatening them with an attack, in violation of the peace treaty you hand wrote, if they did something that was just very plainly not in violation of the treaty.  That's just... objectively what you did.

And as you said on the radio and in IRC to me: If a gov member does it, it's the entire alliance doing it, right?

You're cute trying to eLawyer this without knowing a damn thing about it. 

Try harder.

Do you want to cry some more in private about why I don't like you? 

Thank goodness your views tend to be the extreme minority. Try being optimistic for once. :v
xzhPlEh.png?1

You're cute trying to eLawyer this without knowing a damn thing about it. 

Try harder.

Do you want to cry some more in private about why I don't like you? 

Cry?  Those are the same logs I have.  I agree that those are accurate.  You told me you didn't like me.  So I asked you why so I could maybe fix it.  You weren't interested in giving me anything beyond vague metaphors about me "making waves" and "rocking boats".  When I asked you to elaborate you didn't.  So there was nothing I could do.  That's what happened.  That's what's in those logs.  If you're referring to the point where I got a bit morose, that had nothing to do with you.  That was just me going through a phase of boredom, which I'm now out of.

To this day I have no clue what you meant about making waves!  That's so vague.  To be clear, if someone has a problem with you and you go to them and ask them what it is so you can attempt to fix it, that's the adult thing to do.  That's what grownups do, Elpinchazo.  Stewing about it behind their back and !@#$ing at your friends about them is the opposite.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

Thank goodness your views tend to be the extreme minority. Try being optimistic for once. :v

The thing is, I already saw this happen in another world. It achieved literally nothing other than random small talk about nothing, so I won't hold my breath. But who knows? Maybe we will accidentally discover "the force" in this grand summit.

Cry?  Those are the same logs I have.  I agree that those are accurate.  You told me you didn't like me.  So I asked you why so I could maybe fix it.  You weren't interested in giving me anything beyond vague metaphors about me "making waves" and "rocking boats".  When I asked you to elaborate you didn't.  So there was nothing I could do.  That's what happened.  That's what's in those logs.

TEst has no reasons for anything they do. Don't try to make sense of it.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

The thing is, I already saw this happen in another world. It achieved literally nothing other than random small talk about nothing, so I won't hold my breath. But who knows? Maybe we will accidentally discover "the force" in this grand summit.

TEst has no reasons for anything they do. Don't try to make sense of it.

Valid point.  He DID complain on the Cirrus page that I didn't have a list of investors when there is literally a list of investors on the first page.  Still kind of can't get over that.

Nevermind, Pinch.  Carry on.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

I personally aim to keep the failures of other worlds in those worlds. We don't have to give in to helplessness - we can strive to make P&W different.
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

I personally aim to keep the failures of other worlds in those worlds. We don't have to give in to helplessness - we can strive to make P&W different.

Let's not and say we didn't.

inb4 Common Defense Treaty

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

ff was not in the extreme minority on that case

SI voted to keep me because they knew i was in the right

i stepped down anyway because i knew they were completely capable of working without me

no shadow government, no appointments to summits; none of that is necessary for us.

all i wanted to do was make an amusing comment and now a thread is about us when it really shouldn't be

back to the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) references i guess!

I hope this little meeting is amazing, if only to get people to shut up about the TEst/SI war thats been over for a while now.

I haven't said anything about it

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

ff was not in the extreme minority on that case

SI voted to keep me because they knew i was in the right

i stepped down anyway because i knew they were completely capable of working without me

no shadow government, no appointments to summits; none of that is necessary for us.

all i wanted to do was make an amusing comment and now a thread is about us when it really shouldn't be

back to the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) references i guess!

That post of mine wasn't directed at you or SI in any way. >_> Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

I'm interested, although I might not be at my computer.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

A few quick updates about the summit.

I'm going to be sending out some PMs in game to leaders of alliances I believe to be attending, so if those people could get back to me by Friday night with who will be their official representatives what I'll need to know is their IRC nickname, and it must be registered for them to be able to speak in the channel. You have up to 3 reps, you don't have to send 3 people.

Next, I want people, especially the reps to leave grudges out of the channel. Same with favoritism. Try to be open minded about ideas even if you like/dislike the person offering them. 

Lastly, no one has suggested any changes to the three topics so if there's no popular suggestions come Friday we'll lock those in.

scSqPGJ.gif

I'll be there

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?