A sad truth about the Swampy Rose Hedge...

Phoenyx

27 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

You really think I'm the only one on our side who's a bit tired of this war?

Unless the people in Rose/Hedge have a good sense of humor all around, and felt like trolling, [i]you[/i] are the person who would not be in peace talks was his point.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, KiWilliam said:

Unless the people in Rose/Hedge have a good sense of humor all around, and felt like trolling, [i]you[/i] are the person who would not be in peace talks was his point.

You think peace talks are only held behind closed doors?

1 minute ago, Orcinus Orca said:

Enlighten us, where are they held?

Wherever both sides communicate and there is a willingness of at least one of those sides to work towards peace.

Edited by Phoenyx

2 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Wherever both sides communicate and there is a willingness of at least one of those sides to work towards peace.

Very vague. Where exactly, and how many wars have been brought to a conclusion with public peace talks?

2 minutes ago, Orcinus Orca said:

Very vague.

Trying to pin point where exactly peace is achieved is a fruitless endeavour for the most part. Sure, one can point to the signing of some peace treaty or some such, but those things don't happen by themselves. Activists the world over know that working for peace isn't only something that heads of state can engage in- far from it, frequently these heads of state would still be fighting if it wasn't for the tireless efforts of those who want peace, no matter how small their individual voices may be.

1 hour ago, Phoenyx said:

Trying to pin point where exactly peace is achieved is a fruitless endeavour for the most part. Sure, one can point to the signing of some peace treaty or some such, but those things don't happen by themselves. Activists the world over know that working for peace isn't only something that heads of state can engage in- far from it, frequently these heads of state would still be fighting if it wasn't for the tireless efforts of those who want peace, no matter how small their individual voices may be.

You realize this is a game, right?  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Orcinus Orca said:

You realize this is a game, right?  

Yes, but it's a game that mimics real life in some ways. I definitely think the road to peace is one of them. The butterfly effect, if you will, both in terms of how wars can start and how they can end.

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, The God Emperor of Mankind said:

If you keep this up, Pizza Hut may fire you, unsubstantiated claims followed up with name calling makes even discount pizza chains look bad :P

181172593_Pizzahutdontleaveme.jpg.d58795c411a591fc9233015c8e58df02.jpg

Good grief, you need a snickers. You're so far off the rails that you're swinging a sliding door. Without hinges.

4 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Yes, but it's a game that mimics real life in some ways. I definitely think the road to peace is one of them. The butterfly effect, if you will, both in terms of how wars can start and how they can end.

...No.

Real life is nothing even remotely close to this game. IRL peace happens after deals are reached, generally through backroom negotiations which involve threats, blackmail, bribes, secondary deals with third parties, and murders.

In general, we don't bother with the murders, and therefore there's no comparison :P

Either way, your posts have as much bearing on peace as your opinion does on IRL wars and peace, I.E. none at all. Unless you sincerely believe that you're somehow influential enough to broker peace deals between global powers with nothing but your savvy rhetoric, of course.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Real life is nothing even remotely close to this game.

Strongly disagree with you there. 

IRL peace happens after deals are reached, generally through backroom negotiations which involve threats, blackmail, bribes, secondary deals with third parties, and murders.

In general, we don't bother with the murders, and therefore there's no comparison :P

In general, people in real life don't murder each other either. What's happening here is akin to school/office politics the world over. The in crowd, the out crowd, things of that nature. Frequently, there isn't that much concern as to what the truth is in these types of scenarios. Ofcourse, there are always a few who really do care and keep on digging to try to find it... 

Either way, your posts have as much bearing on peace as your opinion does on IRL wars and peace, I.E. none at all. 

We clearly disagree on that point. 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

In general, people in real life don't murder each other either. What's happening here is akin to school/office politics the world over. The in crowd, the out crowd, things of that nature. Frequently, there isn't that much concern as to what the truth is in these types of scenarios. Ofcourse, there are always a few who really do care and keep on digging to try to find it... 

We clearly disagree on that point. 

oh-my-sweet-summer-child.jpg

That's just adorable lmfao

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

What gets me is that you, as a new player, are trying to telling the older and more experienced players, on how the game works, even though not only are you new, but also lack experience. 

In other words, "hey, I don't like what you are saying, so it's not true". I'm sorry, what?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Orcinus Orca said:

In other words, "hey, I don't like what you are saying, so it's not true". I'm sorry, what?

"Your simple explanation isn't one of my liking. My explanation which requires two digit coincidences and what-ifs is more likely of an occurrence."

I mean, he's entitled to his opinion, it's flaws notwithstanding. But pretending that such will have any bearing on proceedings or that they're more valid than more substantiated and grounded insights is, ehm...

• Upvote 3

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

1 hour ago, Orcinus Orca said:

What gets me is that you, as a new player, are trying to telling the older and more experienced players, on how the game works, even though not only are you new, but also lack experience. 

Pretty sure that guy is a reroll of a previous troll account.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Orcinus Orca said:

I look at the information available and I come up with theories that seem to fit the available data. But most important of all, I ask questions and I keep on asking these questions until I am satisfied with the answers I get. I really like the following line: "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I look at the information available and I come up with theories that seem to fit the available data. But most important of all, I ask questions and I keep on asking these questions until I am satisfied with the answers I get. I really like the following line: "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

And double-doubt those that refuse it when it becomes apparent

Just now, Sir Scarfalot said:

If things were not apparent, there would be no war.

No. Everyone, whether it's Ronnie, Tyrion, Kaz, they've all said the same thing- there were no plans to attack you guys. Ronnie only said that there seemed to be briefly and then never heard of anything again. I've pointed out a lot of evidence suggesting that he was mistaken even then. 

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

No. Everyone, whether it's Ronnie, Tyrion, Kaz, they've all said the same thing- there were no plans to attack you guys. Ronnie only said that there seemed to be briefly and then never heard of anything again. I've pointed out a lot of evidence suggesting that he was mistaken even then. 

Everyone, eh? So you're saying that Partisan has said there were no plans to attack Quack? Maybe Adrienne has said as much? 🙄

You consistently confuse 'public statements' with 'evidence'... they're not the same thing. And more to the point, whether things are apparent to you is irrelevant: what matters is how apparent things are to people that affect foreign policy.