The LUX Prize

Caspian XII

7 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Nicest player is Yui..... nuff said.
Everyone else especially myself sucks. 

You can talk all you want on her being nicest player but 

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=93641

i have facts who actually won the round last year : )

Edited by Limbuwan

9 hours ago, Hassan said:

Do I get my $500m for saving PIT by banning Colli? :D

You're doing god's work son.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Making the game fun for everyone is something that can only happen when it is mechanically enforced; in this case, that means beige needs to be universally applied and not exploitable by holding off to war expiration. Otherwise, wars can be fought to the point of toxicity, and will be when there can't be peace (which there can't be without trust).

Alas, the real problem is one of mindset; players like Roq and Leo that wholeheartedly believe that the game can be "lost" and that they will "lose" if they don't "win" are a constant and unfixable problem, as they will never grow out of their misconceptions. Not ever. Even if a few of them by some miracle manage to learn what a perpetual game is, there will still be yet more players that just won't accept anything less than the total destruction of the game, themselves included, because how else can they be sure they've "won"?

We'd all naively and stupidly hoped that with IQ ostensibly splitting that we'd achieved an environment where fun wars with no hard feelings and no toxicity were possible; and even fought a tremendous war to that end, but no. They broke their own promises multiple times, and no environment of trust can survive even a single breach of that trust let alone multiple such breaches. Now, they're convinced beyond logical discourse that everything that everyone does is either by their order or a plot to annihilate them somehow.

As far as I can see, there's no way back from this. Toxicity is the weapon that the desperate fall back to when their paranoia and self-destructive impulses permit them no peace of mind, and it can only ever get worse from here. I've seen it before, dozens of times, but maybe I'm wrong. I sincerely hope so.

If by reduce toxicity, you mean help both sides find enough common ground they’re not locked in mortal combat; not sure how popular or desired peace is.

Although I think people taking a stance against harsh terms in general, regardless of who wins is conductive of a less toxic environment. What happens if the harsh terms Scarfalot thinks may come don’t; with instead everyone just getting the war out of their system until white peace? Even if peace is a ways off, as long as it doesn’t end with overly punitive terms; doesn’t necessarily result in to much toxicity among those left usually.

8 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If by reduce toxicity, you mean help both sides find enough common ground they’re not locked in mortal combat; not sure how popular or desired peace is.

Although I think people taking a stance against harsh terms in general, regardless of who wins is conductive of a less toxic environment. What happens if the harsh terms Scarfalot thinks may come don’t; with instead everyone just getting the war out of their system until white peace? Even if peace is a ways off, as long as it doesn’t end with overly punitive terms; doesn’t necessarily result in to much toxicity among those left usually.

Actually, I never said anything about harsh terms. I'm quite confident that harsh terms won't end up being accepted at all; what I meant was that toxicity will get worse and worse as IQ gets more and more desperate to annihilate their opponents for their own "safety". Even peace won't change that pattern at this point, I fear.