7/31/2014 - As We Prepare To Go Live

Alex

I don't understand why you can't just delete all inactive nations, and then just reset the rest.

resolving the alliance issue and still starting fresh.

Worked just fine when we went from beta to speed round.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

• Administrators

I don't understand why you can't just delete all inactive nations, and then just reset the rest.

We didn't delete the inactive nations when we went to speed round, and there was far more cash in the game than intended (which wasn't bad for testing purposes, of course) and I'd rather not repeat that again here. You will keep your game accounts, and all donation stars and awards, but we will have everyone recreate their nations to make sure we truly get rid of all the inactives in the game.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Inevitably, this would create issues. A full reset is a full reset. We're also pretty well aware of the alliance leaders out there. If we see a case of someone clearly taking the name of an active alliance, where that person has not been a member and it's obvious they have foul intentions, that person would most likely be dealt with.

ruvwf3L.png

"You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before.

All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get."

• Administrators

I'm going to amend this post onto the beginning of the OP of this thread, but for those that have already read up to this point:

• I've added icons for beta players and for speed round players. You'll see them on your nations now.
  • We're back to 2 hour speed. I think I've got everything switched back over but let me know about things that I've missed so we get it worked out before the reset.
  • The City Manager page is operational, I'll add more to it later, but for now it exists and is a useful viewing tool.
  • E-mail notifications for war declarations have been added, there's a toggle button for it on the account page
  • All alliance pips are going to be removed shortly, as Mr. Blonde has previously announced they'll be a donation option so any alliance (should they meet the member requirement) will be able to have a permanent pip on the forum.
  • I've created a thread for alliance leaders to reserve their alliance names: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2434-reserve-alliance-names/
  • Accounts now last for 7 days with no nation before they're deleted, so after the big wipe you'll have 7 days to make a new nation before your account will get removed.

I think that pretty much covers everything, I'll try to answer any more questions here still.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

not sure if this is across the board as my recuirtment is already at the max....

but did notice the espionage points is replenished ....I tot it should be only once per day.

are you taking into account the fact taht days are now slowed down to normal timeframe?

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

• Administrators

Looks like I overlooked that, but it should be working right now, thanks. This is why I wanted to do this stuff before reset so I wouldn't botch the real version :|

Forums Rules | Game Link

Great speed round was pretty fun, but why set timer back to 2 hours aday before the speed round ends ?

Looks like I overlooked that, but it should be working right now, thanks. This is why I wanted to do this stuff before reset so I wouldn't botch the real version :|

Thats why

• Upvote 1

sith_sig.png

was important; now retired 

Speed round is just for testing. Initially it was fun but not so when a lot of people realised their nation can be destroyed within 2 hours due to the speed. war ends in 2 hours. imagine. sleeping with your nation full of army and loaded with cash...waking up to see it being beige and all the cash gone ( if not substantial part of it)

you call that fun? well perhaps for u and princess bubblegum it is , bcos both of you truly enjoy raiding non stop especially during people were asleep and offline....I doubt u guys can do that post reset....speed is slower and inactive nation wont exist.

Edited by vincentsum8
  • Upvote 1

Speed round is just for testing. Initially it was fun but not so when a lot of people realised their nation can be destroyed within 2 hours due to the speed. war ends in 2 hours. imagine. sleeping with your nation full of army and loaded with cash...waking up to see it being beige and all the cash gone ( if not substantial part of it)

you call that fun? well perhaps for u and princess bubblegum it is , bcos both of you truly enjoy raiding non stop especially during people were asleep and offline....I doubt u guys can do that post reset....speed is slower and inactive nation wont exist.

Yes it was fun, dont sound so sour about everything man its just a game, let it go 😂😂whats done is done, why would we post reset anyhow ?

• Upvote 1

tNyPRz9.png

- Anarkhist leader of the Svøbødnäyä TÄ™rritøriyä Groznyj Grad

The forums have been updated to reflect the switch over to stable release.  According to Sheepy, the game should be reset in about 3 more hours.  The power rankings thread will need to be made for the new version of the game, along with new recruitment threads for alliances.  There is a new alliance directory with some alliances already added.  If any of the information there is wrong, just post in the thread and I'll update it.  If your alliance isn't there, post your info and I'll add it.

The previous forums from Beta can be viewed at the bottom of the board.  They are "read only".

• Upvote 1

ruvwf3L.png

"You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before.

All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get."

• Administrators

when the resets happens , do the nation has the protection in the beige zone like what the new nation has and if so how long?

Yes, you'll be beige, and you get 168 turns of that protection (14 days).

Forums Rules | Game Link

SO I can't login to my old account.

I can't find anywhere in my emails that says my account was deleted for inactivity, and that would seem stupid anyway, since the speed round wasn't played by alot of people.

As a result, all pre-beta awards are lost.

Edited by Sketchy

XLL3z4T.gif