The kindness of players in PW vs CN

Lord Balian

From what I notice most (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players take their game too seriously, unlike here in P&W where most people play the game for fun.

Also glad to see you're still playing LB

The last few who are left there are the most hardcore.

Duke of House Greyjoy

Well regardless I still think PW is by far a much nicer environment then (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). And again thank you guys for being understanding about why at times I need to step away from the game and for sending me encouraging messages when sick. When you are laying in the hospital sick, bored, and feeling down, those messages that may seem like a small thing, end up being something much bigger. I like that we , for the most part, can while we are IC we can have feuds, wars, arguments, and talk crap but at the same time, IRL, we get that this is just a game and are cool with each other. Shows maturity compared to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

Not to sound redundant but thanks again guys.

Blessings,

Lord Balian

PS: I say this regardless of what alliance you are in, if you are ever in a shitty situation and need a person to run things by or whatever please feel free to message me, it's the least I can do after many of you have helped me out.

• Upvote 4

I mean, I'm sure if you had asked for support on (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) people would have helped you out too. There have been several cases of the community helping people in need out. It seems odd to cast moral judgments on a broad group of people even if you feel closer to another one.

well roq has joined PW

now all we need is Chef Joe, Chairman Hai and Rotavele and we should be able to get the ball rolling with player hate!

Ouch.

There are still more players in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) than P&W and it'll take a while for P&W to catch up. The difference is most people just play it out of habit whereas a newer game will demand they be interested.

Edited by Roquentin

Most of the players in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) play out of habit or loyalty or not wanting to give up something they've built up so much, not because they find the game particularly engaging any more.  There's a lot of apathy and indifference.

P&W is better structured in a lot of ways.  Offensive wars are encouraged by game mechanics, and the game is young enough that wars and events still happen reasonably frequently and spontaneously.  It's closer in a lot of ways to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways):TE than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways):SE.  I haven't played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways):TE in years but when I did people were a lot more relaxed and fun with it.

I also like that this game doesn't have overly serious and arbitrary moderation, I think that encourages a more fun atmosphere.  You won't get warned for using curse words or using the word "troll" or talking about other games or other dumb shit.

Edited by Azaghul
  • Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

it's a bit odd to compare a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) friendship to a pnw friendship just in terms of most of my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) friendships are significantly longer term and based on a respect for things accomplished. My experiences here have led me to conclude folks are more hostile just based on being able to do something about it.

it's a bit odd to compare a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) friendship to a pnw friendship just in terms of most of my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) friendships are significantly longer term and based on a respect for things accomplished. My experiences here have led me to conclude folks are more hostile just based on being able to do something about it.

Depends on the Alliance and the friendships. There are many here who have been with the same people playing these types of games for close to a decade now. It is a subjective view varying from individual to individual what the responses may be.

Also (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) has been around a lot longer than P&W so I would assume there would be tighter-knit associations. However many here have also been playing in the same gaming groups for over a decade as well.

Hey guys!

I play both games, when I can due to my illness. But one thing I have noticed is that the players here are far nicer and kinder, don't take themselves or things too seriously, and are by far more fun to interact with. I have noticed recently in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) that there is real hated between players of various alliances to the point of real anger , etc. I mean, I am invested in both games and spend a good deal of time with them but I still know it is just a game and I don't take it personal if someone declares war on me. In fact, I see it as an opportunity to meet another player, which is cool. I am sorry I can't be more active as my cystic fibrosis is just getting worse and worse and it seems I am always in this damn hospital, but the people I have met in PW have , except for maybe one or two, have been awesome and have always wished me well when sick.

What are your thoughts? Is there a different 'culture' or mentality here as opposed to over in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)?

You'll recover in no time, you'll see!

Glad that P&W is a pleasant experience for you!

All things considered, I totally agree with you.

In spite of seeing several alliance colleagues and my sphere in general getting rekt, I personally am glad UPN got declared on and that now we have this beautiful mess of a world war.

I no longer have blue balls and I for one don't care if I get rekt and my nation ends up succumbing to pixel genocide.

At the end of the day, we're all here to have fun and no one is really hurting others.

There's always gonna be rivalries between alliances, but that's just part of the game and we must realize that: P&W is just a game and, if you can't have fun playing it, then it probably isn't for you.

Sure it's better to win than to lose and in my personal case, it's obvious my sphere is being dominated.

Will that stop me from having fun? Hell no!

Finally, I've never played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), so I can't compare it to P&W.

But from what I've been reading, I don't regret missing on it one bit.

Edited by Insert Name Here

I quit (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) because the atmosphere was so toxic. It's one of those games where you feel worse after playing.

1. If you don't put in an effort to improve a community and actively silent bad members, it will be dragged down by its worst members.

2. Since the Karma War, it was proven that you can win support for the next war by trolling loud enough. Since then it was an arms race to win political support on the OWF.

3. People invested increasing amount of time into the game. I would bet older alliances like NPO and VE had hundreds of thousands of man-hours spent on them. There was more to lose. By comparison, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways):TE stayed lighthearted. (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) took months/years to rebuild. Whereas the infra and city system in P&W let people rebuild in up to 3 months.

4. Karma was especially harsh because it castrated NPO from being a major player for years. Being kept out of a game for years would make anyone resentful.

5. All wars were attrition wars. They ended when people got mentally and emotionally exhausted. So it paid to attack people emotionally, more than it paid to destroy infra. P&W has an actual lose condition. If you run out of military and if the bank gets empty, you lose.

We can keep P&W a positive community, but it takes active effort.

I request that you some of you guys stop taking the game too seriously and just start to have fun. You can shitpost, troll, insult each other, whatever. But at the end of the day, if you're not having fun or making the game fun for others, walk away for a while. You're not doing anyone a favor by simply "winning".

Edited by Rin
  • Upvote 1

The problem is that "bad members" is a subjective label.  What happens is those "bad members" are just people who one political faction wants to see eliminated from the game for political reasons.  And ironically, it's those trying to "silence' them that are the biggest grievers.

The real problem here is the shitposting.  These forums are much more hostile than in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  In (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) moderation doesn't allow so much shitposting.  If people posted in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) like they do here, they would be banned from playing.  I think any mod in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) would be horrified by what goes on in these forums.

Honestly, you want to clean up the PnW forums, you have to have stricter moderation in regards to shitposting vs. posting things of actual content.

Player Hate is the only thing that has kept (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) alive beyond the second year of it's existence.

PnW has remained free from that toxicity until recently.

You do realize that your alliance is by far the biggest contributor to this right?

Edited by Placentica

I quit (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) because the atmosphere was so toxic. It's one of those games where you feel worse after playing.

1. If you don't put in an effort to improve a community and actively silent bad members, it will be dragged down by its worst members.

2. Since the Karma War, it was proven that you can win support for the next war by trolling loud enough. Since then it was an arms race to win political support on the OWF.

3. People invested increasing amount of time into the game. I would bet older alliances like NPO and VE had hundreds of thousands of man-hours spent on them. There was more to lose. By comparison, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways):TE stayed lighthearted. (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) took months/years to rebuild. Whereas the infra and city system in P&W let people rebuild in up to 3 months.

4. Karma was especially harsh because it castrated NPO from being a major player for years. Being kept out of a game for years would make anyone resentful.

5. All wars were attrition wars. They ended when people got mentally and emotionally exhausted. So it paid to attack people emotionally, more than it paid to destroy infra. P&W has an actual lose condition. If you run out of military and if the bank gets empty, you lose.

We can keep P&W a positive community, but it takes active effort.

I request that you some of you guys stop taking the game too seriously and just start to have fun. You can shitpost, troll, insult each other, whatever. But at the end of the day, if you're not having fun or making the game fun for others, walk away for a while. You're not doing anyone a favor by simply "winning".

Could not agree more!

The problem is that "bad members" is a subjective label.  What happens is those "bad members" are just people who one political faction wants to see eliminated from the game for political reasons.  And ironically, it's those trying to "silence' them that are the biggest grievers.

The real problem here is the shitposting.  These forums are much more hostile than in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  In (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) moderation doesn't allow so much shitposting.  If people posted in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) like they do here, they would be banned from playing.  I think any mod in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) would be horrified by what goes on in these forums.

Honestly, you want to clean up the PnW forums, you have to have stricter moderation in regards to shitposting vs. posting things of actual content.

You do realize that your alliance is by far the biggest contributor to this right?

Agree about the "shitposting" from other members. I don't get offended easily but if a person is sexist, racist , homophobic , or against another's religion and verbally talks smack about, then they need a life and need to put things into perspective a bit. When you are told you got 5 years to live , all that stuff gets minimized and you begin to see not only what is important but also begin to see that there really is so so much that binds us as oppose to divides us. Listen, I'm not trying to create a Dr. Phill moment here, lol, but I just wish to see us continue to be kind and respectable to other players. You really never know what a players life is like on the other side of the computer/iPad screen.

Blessings,

Lord Balian

• Upvote 1

The problem is that "bad members" is a subjective label. What happens is those "bad members" are just people who one political faction wants to see eliminated from the game for political reasons. And ironically, it's those trying to "silence' them that are the biggest grievers.

The real problem here is the shitposting. These forums are much more hostile than in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). In (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) moderation doesn't allow so much shitposting. If people posted in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) like they do here, they would be banned from playing. I think any mod in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) would be horrified by what goes on in these forums.

Until you man up and apologize about the OOC stunt your side did on Eumir, you have no grounds to talk and no one will take you seriously. Hell, even to acknowledge that it happened and someone on your side did it would be a step in the right direction.

6XmKiC2.png

You do realize that is your opinion and is by far the least credible opinion.

Nobody really trusts you Steve(or Placentica. Better make sure I use Placentica so I don't 'OOC' attack you;)) You claim t$ does bad things, but you have constantly lied and pull stunts in hope moderation would take actions against t$(Eumirbago). So you might want to leave this topic :lol:

PoJQyFJ.gif

From what I notice most (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players take their game too seriously, unlike here in P&W where most people play the game for fun.

Also glad to see you're still playing LB

i agree, i played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) before met with PnW and in the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) i got called when their need me to War in the middle of the night. and that was very suck

Thank God, here i can calmly playing the game and take some fun

Oh come on, these forums are not even hostile. Maybe to you, because you're the protagonist/antagonist this time. But if you take a break from alliance leadership, I'm sure your perception would change.

To use an analogy, I like wrestling. Two grown men shouting "I WILL CRUSH YOU", "NO YOU", "NO I WILL BREAK YOUR !@#$ing BONES" at each other to heat up a match. Then they fight. Sometimes one of them uses a chair or some dirty trick. One of them wins but both walk away injured. The shitposting is a good part of that fun.

The wrestlers hold that grudge throughout the storyline and it comes back in future plots. But outside it they don't literally hate each other. They don't literally try to break each other's bones.

Like right now, we're on opposite sides, Steve. I want to see you crushed, driven before us, and hear the lamentations of your men. But we don't actually want you to spend a year rebuilding to pre-war levels. Maybe not even half a year. Just miss the next war at best? And that's only because someone else should get the spotlight next time.

But if you were to stop playing because of this war or whatever, that would make us sad. We would miss you!  :wub:

When I was broke off my ass across the country struggling to pay rent CNers banded together to give me hundreds of dollars to stay afloat.

Say what you want about them, but they're good people.

• Upvote 1

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png