Islam for peace

WARNING: This may or may not conflict with your beliefs, i dont aim to convert anyone or to bash others, i simply want to clearify and make pure my religion which other tarnish. Feel free to read and get some knowledge, have a peaceful day.

Read everything before you speak

"A man who doesnt know what he is talk about, doesnt know anything"

Point 1: Does the Quran instruct Muslims to kill Non-Muslims?
Significance of the definite article "Al" (i.e., "the")

A friend of mine once told me that the Quran instructs Muslims to kill all Infidels. I agreed with him that violent interpretations of the Quran exist and permeate many of our Islamic books. My friend then quoted the following 3 verses to prove his point.

Quran:
{The infidels are your sworn enemies Sura 4:101}

Quran
{Prophet, make war on the infidels Sura 66: 9}

Quran
{Never be a helper to the disbelievers Sura 28:86}

I thanked my friend for making this point as well as indicating these verses, and then responded as follows:

Comments:
Clearly, the above verses can incite much animosity and subsequent violence vis-a-vis all non-Muslims. Accepted literally - and uncritically - these verses lend themselves to the unjust persecution of otherwise innocent people, whose only crime is being non-Muslim. However, a pivotal matter of linguistic importance is often overlooked: the significance and usage of the definite article, "al" (i.e., "the"), which precedes the various disparaging Arabic words - kafirun, mushrikun - that describe non-believers in the Quran and which are often translated as "non-believers," "infidels," "idolaters," or "polytheists." Furthermore, in Arabic, the definite article is physically attached to the word it describes.

See below:

Quran:
{The infidels are your sworn enemies Sura 4:101}

Quran
{Prophet, make war on the infidels Sura 66: 9

Quran
{Never be a helper to the disbelievers Sura 28:86}

The exact Arabic expression in these verses - indeed, in every verse that talks of the non-believer - is "Al-Kaferrin" or "Al-la-dhina Kafaru." The use of "Al-" or "Al-la-dhina" limits the verse (and thus commandment) to 1) a specific time and place in historyand 2) a specific group of people who were obstacles to the establishment of Islam in its nascent phase. It is these two factors that caused these verses to be revealed. Had the intentions of the Quran been to extend the application of these verses in perpetuity, it would have used the expression "Man Kafar," rather than "Al-Kafereen" or "Al-La-dhina Kafaru". The former, "Man Kafar," literally means any one who does not believe in God; while the latter, "Al-Kafereen," - the infidels - denotes a specific group of people: they who fought Prophet Mohamed in the early stages of Islam.

Moreover, the overriding principle which must ultimately guide our understanding of these verses is the constant Quranic reminder that good Muslims do not initiate violence against others so long as the latter do not provoke hostilities.

Quran 2:190
Fight in the cause of God those who start fighting you, but do not transgress limits (or start the attack); for God loveth not transgressors.

Indeed, according to other verses, even if a Muslim deemed someone an infidel, according to the Quran, he is still obligated to:

1. Behave with courtesy :
Consider, for instance, the following verse, which is supposed to instruct Muslims as to how they should deal with non-Muslims in the midst of hostilities (such as war): 9:6 And if any of the Idolatries (who are fighting you) seeks thy protection, grant him protection, so that he might [be able to] hear the word of God [from thee]; and thereupon convey him to a place where he can feel secure:
If Muslims are to behave with such clemency and magnanimity vis-a-vis the infidel during times of war and conflict, how much more should be expected of their interactions with non-Muslims during times of peace?

2. Respect his freedom of choice to be a "Disbeliever" - as this is a right bestowed upon humanity by God:
Quran 18:29 proclaims, "The truth is from your Lord": it is the free will of any person to believe (in God) or to be an Infidel (Un believer).

3. Even if a Muslim should be convinced that someone is a non-believer, still he must accept that his fate is in the hands of God alone, since no one human can condemn another - this must be left to the judgment of God.
Quran 88:25-26 for behold, unto (ONLY) Us (means God) will be their return, Then it will be for (ONLY) Us to Judge (humans).
22:17 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians (can mean an ancient religion or people with no specific religion), Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God (alone) is witness of all things.

The significance of the definite article ("al") or the substantive pronoun ("al-la dhina") which confines the aforementioned verses to a specific time and place - that is, the past, history - as well as against a specific people (i.e., the polytheists of the Arabian peninsula), is also key to understanding those many other verses that are often cited to incite violence against non-Muslims:
1- The infidels are your sworn enemies Sura 4:101
2- Make war on The infidels who dwell around you Sura 9:123
3- When you meet The Infidels in the battlefield, strike off their heads Sura 47:4
4- Mohamed is Alla's apostale. Those who follow him are ruthless to The infidels Sura 48:29
5- Prophet, make war on The infidels Sura 66: 9
6- Never be a helper to The disbelievers Sura 28:86
7- Kill The disbelievers wherever we find them (Sura 2:191)
8- 9:29 [And] fight against those (Al-La-Zina) who - despite having been vouchsafed revelation [aforetime] [40] -do not [truly] believe either in God or the Last Day, and do not consider forbidden that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, [41] and do not follow the religion of truth [which God has enjoined upon them] [42] till they [agree to] pay the exemption tax with a willing hand, after having been humbled [in war]. [43]
9- 47:4 Therefore, when you meet The infidels (unbelievers), [4] smite their necks until you overcome them fully, and then tighten their bonds; [5] but thereafter [set them free,] either by an act of grace or against ransom, so that the burden of war may be lifted: [6]

Point 2: Does the Quran support anti-Semitism?

Someone once asked me if the Quran is anti-Semitic. He quoted the following verse to prove his point:

"Shall I point out to you something much worse than this by the treatment it received from Allah (The Jews), those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into monkeys and pigs, those who worshipped evil - these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!"
Qur'an 5:60.

I agreed with him that many promoted doctrinally based anti-Semitism based on this verse. Many Islamic fundamentalists, for instance, still refer to Jews as pigs and monkey, based primarily on this verse. That said, a faithful Muslim would be committing a grave sin should he resort to calling Jews, that is, the "Children of Israel," pigs and monkeys, for the following reasons:

1. Most of the Prophets mentioned in the Holy Quran are from the Children of Israel. These include: Moses, Aaron, Yusuf (Joseph), David, Solomon, Zachariah, Younis (Jonah). In fact, Jesus - the Messiah - was one of the Children of Israel. Therefore, condemning or even just insulting all Jews by calling them names is an offense, not just against modern day Jews but also all these prophets as well who, even though they were of Jewish descent, are nonetheless considered by Muslims to be the brothers of prophet Mohamed and must be strongly forbidden (Haram) and prohibited.

2. Condemning all modern-day Jews by the actions or mistakes of their forefathers is against the Quran which clearly states that no one is responsible for the mistakes of others:

6:164
Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah, when He is the Cherisher of all things (that exist)? Every soul is responsible for of its acts: no bearer of burdens can bear of burdens can bear the burden of another. Your goal in the end is towards God. He will tell you the truth of the things wherein ye disputed."

Accordingly, and based on this verse, judging All Jews by the possible mistakes of their forefathers or because of historical conflicts between some Jewish tribes and the early Muslims is absolutely forbidden (Haram).

3. It is further important to note that, in the original Arabic, this Quranic verse does not even use the word "Jews," which was added later in parenthesis to English translations and Arabic commentaries of the Quran). The Quran was actually referring to another nation by saying "worse than this" as he was talking about the Israelites who did not follow Moses in the verses before this one.
2- In fact, this verse could be understood in a metaphoric manner as the expression "Monkey" is used metaphorically in Arabic to refer to people who imitate without thinking and the word "pigs" is used metaphorically too to describe those who refuse good principles and prefer the bad ones.

4. Many other verses in the Quran, far from condemning the Jews, reveal an exalted status for the Children of Israel:

Quran 2:47
"Children of Israel! Call to mind the favor which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other nations
"

5. Muslims should also bear in mind that the Quran clearly states that Jews and Christians, and others, will be accepted by God as long as they believe in his existence, his judgment, and perform good deeds (e.g., assisting the poor and orphaned).

2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

(Note: in the above verse, the Quran says "their Lord" - not "your Lord" - which clearly indicates that God will accept Jews and Christians, based on their individual conceptions of God.)

Point 3: Are we allowed to judge others or condemn them as "Infidels"?

One of the issues that we must bring to the fore is the fact that the Quran forbids us from judging others. This has been expressed clearly in many verses.

Quran 88:25:
For behold, unto Us will be their return,

Quran 88:26:
Then it will be for (only) Us to call them to account.

By using the Arabic word "Inna" - which means "We" (i.e., God) - to begin 88:26 is a clear indication that it is ONLY God who can judge humans. To better comprehend why it is that humans are not capable (or allowed) to pass judgment against their fellow man, I offer the following analogy: Consider, for a moment, a long, stretching river - let's call it "The River of Truth." People are swimming at various points along this river. Now, let’s assume that absolute truth lay at the very end of the river, say, point 100. Based on this, we would assume that the person swimming alongside point 95 is closer to the Truth - and therefore better - than the person swimming alongside point 5.

However, what if the fact was that the closer person had started out at 100, and had actually drifted away from the truth by 5, whereas the further person had actually started at 0 and was now 5 closer to the Truth? While it would be impossible for us to know this - it is not impossible for God, for He would certainly know this about both persons, He would know that the person on 5 was striving hard (that is, performing Jihad) for Truth's sake. Based on this all too plausible scenario, it becomes obvious that in the eyes of God, the man on point 5 of the River of Truth is better than the person on point 95. It is for this very reason that the Quran has unequivocally stated that ONLY God can pass judgment on humans:

22:17
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians (can mean certain ancient religion or people with no specific religion), Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God (alone) is witness of all things.

As finite humans we do not possess the foreknowledge of God and thus we are in no position to pass judgment over others.
Of course, we are capable of distinguishing between good and bad deeds - however, without the omniscience of God, we cannot judge this person or that as being either good or bad (as demonstrated earlier). If anyone had seen Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (PBUH) as he worshiped various planets and stars, as well as the moon and sun, before he at last came to worship the true God (as recorded in the Quran as well ancient Jewish scriptures), they would have considered him a "mushrik"—that is, an idolater or simply, an infidel. In fact, God Himself was pleased with Ibrahim since he was at least making a sincere effort to find the true God.

Quran 6:75
And thus We gave Abraham [his first] insight into [God's] mighty dominion over the heavens and the earth - and [this] to the end that he might become one of those who are inwardly sure.

Quran 6:76
Then, when the night overshadowed him with its darkness, he beheld a star, [and] he exclaimed, "This is my Sustainer!" -but when it went down, he said, "I love not the things that go down."

Quran 6:77
Then, when he beheld the moon rising, he said, "This is my Sustainer!"-but when it went down, he said, "Indeed, if my Sustainer guide me not. I will most certainly become one of the people who go astray!"

Quran 6:78
Then, when he beheld the sun rising, he said, "This is my Sustainer! This one is the greatest [of all]!" - but when it [too] went down, he exclaimed: "O my people! Behold, far be it from me to ascribe divinity, as you do, to aught beside God!

Quran 6:79
Behold, unto Him who brought into being the heavens and the earth have I turned my face, having turned away from all that is false; and I am not of those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him."

The search for Truth - the desire to find the Divine - is in and of itself a great deed, even if the individual seeker never ascertains absolute Truth. The act itself possesses great intrinsic value and is demonstrative of a willing heart.

As God plainly reveals in his Holy Quran:

Quran: 29:69
And those who strive in Our paths to find us (God)),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily God is with those who do right.

From here, we should learn once and for all to never be judgmental against others but to leave judgment to God alone.
Saiidna Issa (Jesus) PBUH is recorded in the scriptures as saying, "Judge not lest ye be judged...and by the same measure you judge others by, so too will you be judged."
Imagine how you would feel if you judged someone for their apparently bad deeds when, all the while, that person was suffering from a mental illness that influenced their negative actions? If this happened, it would be you who had sinned - who had truly committed a bad deed - for you passed judgment without knowing all the facts. It is for this very reason that God said to Prophet Mohamed in his Holy Quran :

Quran 46:9
Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the apostles, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. God is the ONLY one who can judge humans.

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Guest hawkeye

I'm sure your interpretation of Islam is peaceful, the issue is that the interpretations of others isn't. I'm sure proponents of Salafist Islam would disagree on Islam being peaceful.

• Upvote 3

The problem with quoting the Quran and all these other writings is that for every not so terrible quote there is many more not so  good quotes that contradict this "good" message the Quran supposedly sends.

Islam is not a religion of peace and in very rare circumstances has it actually spread without war and oppression. 

So yes cherry picking quotes from the sources isn't accurate of Islam as it requires ignoring all the bad things. 

Does present day Islam give enough evidence that it shouldn't be referenced with the bad quotes and its bad history? No I don't believe it does. 

You certainly aren't representative of Islam if you don't live in an Islamic country, you can't judge Islam on the few Muslims in the west we managed to civilize.

And if you do live in an Islamic country you should be out protesting for liberal values, if you don't then you're objectively a bad person. How many Muslims are protesting for liberal values? 

Given the opportunity I think a Muslim is more likely to kill you for being an infidel than fight for equal rights. 

Edited by Clarke
  • Downvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

The problem with quoting the Quran and all these other writings is that for every not so terrible quote there is many more not so  good quotes that contradict this "good" message the Quran supposedly sends.

Islam is not a religion of peace and in very rare circumstances has it actually spread without war and oppression. 

So yes cherry picking quotes from the sources isn't accurate of Islam as it requires ignoring all the bad things. 

Does present day Islam give enough evidence that it shouldn't be referenced with the bad quotes and its bad history? No I don't believe it does. 

You certainly aren't representative of Islam if you don't live in an Islamic country, you can't judge Islam on the few Muslims in the west we managed to civilize.

And if you do live in an Islamic country you should be out protesting for liberal values, if you don't then you're objectively a bad person. How many Muslims are protesting for liberal values? 

Given the opportunity I think a Muslim is more likely to kill you for being an infidel than fight for equal rights. 

Alright taken by your approach you obviously didnt pay attention to the warning

1. "A muslim is one who follows Islam, and Islam is submission to God"

2. Lets not forget how Christianity spread ;)

3. No idea that was unpopolar at the time (Muslims being killed for their beliefs in the early days of islam) will be accepeted without blood, thats a fact

4. At the time, Muslims and Islam was GOLDEN and was the most beatificall thing to humanity (Just google inventions in the Islamic Golden Age)

5. The problem with Islamic countries is that they arent legit, the calpih doesnt exist, a human will be greedy, and will taint what they touch, which is why Islamic countries today, as my father once said "They are backwards" so yea.

6. If we were at the time when Islam first came out, i wouldnt have to cherry pick, cause everything applied, today, the quran is a guide, it isnt meant to dictate forever (Cutting the hand off was common even in europe, till they started other punishments)

I'm sure your interpretation of Islam is peaceful, the issue is that the interpretations of others isn't. I'm sure proponents of Salafist Islam would disagree on Islam being peaceful.

"No religion is peaceful, it is what you bring to it, thats what makes it what it is"

"There are Buddhist monks killing women and children, does Buddhism teach to murder? Of course not!"

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

1) What is your point? I certainly didn't say a Muslim is someone who doesn't follow a god. 

2) Christianity spread mostly through peace. Islam spread mostly through violence. Islam attacked, murdered, raped and oppressed people from other faiths for simply not being Muslim until they converted. This shouldn't be all that surprising considering how Islam today in its current form treats other religions. 

3) I don't know what you're talking about or referring to.

4) I know about the Islamic Golden age, from what I gathered the Golden age was a result of Muslims stealing/finding knowledge from other civilizations they conquered and working on some of it or finishing it off. 

5) Its definitely too late for a Caliph, perhaps if a Caliph was set up in the past by the West then maybe he could be controlled like the pope to not be insane and guide his people. 

6) I'm don't care when Islam first came out, only the present and it doesn't seem to have changed all that much other than it is much weaker and broken up. 

WARNING: This may or may not conflict with your beliefs, i dont aim to convert anyone or to bash others, i simply want to clearify and make pure my religion which other tarnish. Feel free to read and get some knowledge, have a peaceful day.

You didn't want any replies? No, I shall read this version of Islam you wish to spread and tell you what I think. 

Islam is a religion of hatred in its current form for most Islamic countries. Don't pretend Islam is some peaceful religion just because you live in a civilized country and because you aren't "backward" then obviously most Muslims are like you. Do you even know how many Muslims live in North America? The answer is not very many. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

1) What is your point? I certainly didn't say a Muslim is someone who doesn't follow a god. 

2) Christianity spread mostly through peace. Islam spread mostly through violence. Islam attacked, murdered, raped and oppressed people from other faiths for simply not being Muslim until they converted. This shouldn't be all that surprising considering how Islam today in its current form treats other religions. 

3) I don't know what you're talking about or referring to.

4) I know about the Islamic Golden age, from what I gathered the Golden age was a result of Muslims stealing/finding knowledge from other civilizations they conquered and working on some of it or finishing it off. 

5) Its definitely too late for a Caliph, perhaps if a Caliph was set up in the past by the West then maybe he could be controlled like the pope to not be insane and guide his people. 

6) I'm don't care when Islam first came out, only the present and it doesn't seem to have changed all that much other than it is much weaker and broken up. 

You didn't want any replies? No, I shall read this version of Islam you wish to spread and tell you what I think. 

Islam is a religion of hatred in its current form for most Islamic countries. Don't pretend Islam is some peaceful religion just because you live in a civilized country and because you aren't "backward" then obviously most Muslims are like you. Do you even know how many Muslims live in North America? The answer is not very many. 

Just by this answer its very very obvious you hate Islam

Im done

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Here are some more problematic quotes for you to struggle with:

Al Nisa:89 - "They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper."

Al Nisa:91 - "You will find others who wish to obtain security from you and [to] obtain security from their people. Every time they are returned to [the influence of] disbelief, they fall back into it. So if they do not withdraw from you or offer you peace or restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you overtake them. And those - We have made for you against them a clear authorization."

Al Baqarah:191 - "And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers."

At Tawba:5 - "And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

77oKn5K.png

Just by this answer its very very obvious you hate Islam

Im done

I certainly don't admire a religion that oppresses women and anyone who thinks differently. 

I'm such a hateful person for having liberal values. 

I'm not sure how you can willingly be a part of a faith that is still so barbaric. Do you even question your beliefs?

IpHGyGc.png

If you are violent, your religion will be violent. If you aren't, your religion won't be. Beliefs are personal even if the religion is shared.

• Upvote 2

O Apostate! O Enemy of Allah! How dare you speak about Islam when you've put up despicable ADs mocking The Shahada? 
"And if you ask them, they will surely say, "We were only conversing and playing." Say, "Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?" Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief. If We pardon one faction of you - We will punish another faction because they were criminals." 
"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not. And when they meet those who believe, they say, "We believe"; but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say, "Indeed, we are with you; we were only mockers." [but] Allah mocks them and prolongs them in their transgression [while] they wander blindly."
Away with you, insolent creature! And may the wrath of Allah descend like fire upon your head, Ameen.

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

O Apostate! O Enemy of Allah! How dare you speak about Islam when you've put up despicable ADs mocking The Shahada? 

"And if you ask them, they will surely say, "We were only conversing and playing." Say, "Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?" Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief. If We pardon one faction of you - We will punish another faction because they were criminals." 

"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not. And when they meet those who believe, they say, "We believe"; but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say, "Indeed, we are with you; we were only mockers." [but] Allah mocks them and prolongs them in their transgression [while] they wander blindly."

Away with you, insolent creature! And may the wrath of Allah descend like fire upon your head, Ameen.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

Edited by Francisco Franco
  • Upvote 1

The only time when religion becomes violent is when people takes it literally and attempts to use it as a political tool to propel their causes. Islam itself is actually a peaceful religion, just like every other religions. Thankfully, the religions don't have absolute powers anymore as they used to have during the middle ages.

• Upvote 2

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

The only time when religion becomes violent is when people takes it literally and attempts to use it as a political tool to propel their causes. Islam itself is actually a peaceful religion, just like every other religions. Thankfully, the religions don't have absolute powers anymore as they used to have during the middle ages.

100% agree with you

Most sufis in Islam dont even like the Islamic countries as they are 100% legit

This is why we cannot have nice things.

So true

If you are violent, your religion will be violent. If you aren't, your religion won't be. Beliefs are personal even if the religion is shared.

Yup, agreed 110%

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

The middle ages was a more peacefull age

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Terror attacks committed in the name of Islam in December 2015:

df4be82c2e4f61bb088987f533982bce.png

Terror attacks committed in the name of Islam in January 2016:

0882c2ed9286069971e0faccff9f2709.png

The Quran might contain some peaceful statements, but one needs to question how Islamic extremists are able to perpetuate violence and hostility with the "religion of peace." The frequency of terror attacks is increasing, and the solution certainly isn't to bury our heads in the sand and claim, "Islam has nothing to do with this body count."

100% agree with you

Most sufis in Islam dont even like the Islamic countries as they are 100% legit

My dad and the majority of my extended family are sufis except maybe 1 or 2. this is how they see the arab world now

Saudi Arabia. Corrupt false liars. Islam is open practice but the saud family is corrupted. Extreme and idiot rulers

Yemen. Hellhole.

Oman. Ibadi shithole

UAE. Fornicaters paradise.

Bahrain. Good view

Qatar. Good view.

Iraq. Corrupt sunni killers.

Syria. Great corrupted power.

Lebanon. beacland good view even about the shiites

Jordan. good Uni's

Egypt. migration land. Sufi heaven

Libya. Great Gaddafi gone shithole now

Iran. Damned child eaters.

Turkey. US buddies.

ISIS. good view on their military however bad view on their extreme salafist rule.

Hamas. Glorious men ruled by idiots.

Fatah. US buddies Talk talk lie down

These aren't my views but the Arab world seen through sufi eyes 

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I've read the Qu'ran several times.

It's not structured in chronological order. So on one page it says to respect women, and then not five minutes later it justifies taking sex slaves.

This makes it confusing as !@#$.

It was written 1400 years ago, sex slaves, slaves, cutting hands off, were all apart of European, Middle Eastern, Native American Culture

We just became more civilized, and those (Some Muslims) who read it, became civilized as well, and knew what applies now, and what doesnt

Terror attacks committed in the name of Islam in December 2015:

df4be82c2e4f61bb088987f533982bce.png

Terror attacks committed in the name of Islam in January 2016:

0882c2ed9286069971e0faccff9f2709.png

The Quran might contain some peaceful statements, but one needs to question how Islamic extremists are able to perpetuate violence and hostility with the "religion of peace." The frequency of terror attacks is increasing, and the solution certainly isn't to bury our heads in the sand and claim, "Islam has nothing to do with this body count."

Does Buddhism teach to murder?

Buddhists are murdering women and children

Its not about the religion, its about what you bring to it, and how you see it.

You see Islam as peaceful, adn bring peace, you get peace

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Does Buddhism teach to murder?

Buddhists are murdering women and children

Its not about the religion, its about what you bring to it, and how you see it.

You see Islam as peaceful, adn bring peace, you get peace

Are Buddhists murdering on the same, systematic scale as Muslims? Should I provide you with another two months - yes, another two whole months of terror attacks? We (the West) condemn the ideology of National Socialism, and we pin it as a root cause of World War II. What's wrong with identifying the ideology of Islam as a root cause of modern terrorism? 

To address your second point: If we bring peace, we get peace? Fair point - I forgot about the time those hijackers brought peace to the World Trade Center.

• Upvote 1

Just because Muslims happen to commit more terrorist attacks than Buddhists does not mean that Islam is somehow a worse or more evil religion. Had history taken a  different turn of events most terrorists attacks in the world could just as well have been committed by Christians, Hindus, Jews, and so on. Any religion and ideology has the potential for fanaticism and violence because some human beings are willing to go to extreme lengths to fight for what they believe in. This was true hundreds of years ago and it will probably be true until the Sun devours our planet. Islam isn't the problem, fanaticism and extremism is.

I may be anti-religious but I believe it's very important to make the distinction between the average Muslim who lives peacefully and Muslim extremists and fanatics who live their lives seeking to harm others because they interpret their religion in a particular way. To lump all people of any religion into the same category and to judge a religion consisting of millions of believers based on the actions of a small minority of them is ludicrous, it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Big Brother
  • Upvote 3

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Just because Muslims happen to commit more terrorist attacks than Buddhists does not mean that Islam is somehow a worse or more evil religion. Had history taken a  different turn of events most terrorists attacks in the world could just as well have been committed by Christians, Hindus, Jews, and so on. Any religion and ideology has the potential for fanaticism and violence because some human beings are willing to go to extreme lengths to fight for what they believe in. This was true hundreds of years ago and it will probably be true until the Sun devours our planet. Islam isn't the problem, fanaticism and extremism is.

I may be anti-religious but I believe it's very important to make the distinction between the average Muslim who lives peacefully and Muslim extremists and fanatics who live their lives seeking to harm others because they interpret their religion in a particular way. To lump all people of any religion into the same category and to judge a religion consisting of millions of believers based on the actions of a small minority of them is ludicrous, it doesn't make any sense.

How do you suppose we quell extremism peddled at an increasing rate? The only ways to combat Islamic extremism (that I see) are open rejection of the Islamic faith or revision coordinated by peaceful Muslims, because modern Islamic extremism is a perversion of an archaic faith that has, time and time again, dismissed revision. It is the peaceful Muslim's responsibility to reject extremism, to educate their offspring, and to revise Islam. But the first step must be the acknowledgement that their religion can encourage violence as a means of communication. I understand that, under different circumstances, Christians or Jews would be in the same place that Muslims are today - however, that place is already here. Whether with rejection or revision, Islamic extremism must be stopped by its own peaceful followers.

Edited by Adolf Jong Un
  • Upvote 1

How do you suppose we quell extremism peddled at an increasing rate? The only ways to combat Islamic extremism (that I see) are open rejection of the Islamic faith or revision coordinated by peaceful Muslims, because modern Islamic extremism is a perversion of an archaic faith that has, time and time again, dismissed revision. It is the peaceful Muslim's responsibility to reject extremism, to educate their offspring, and to revise Islam. But the first step must be the acknowledgement that their religion can encourage violence as a means of communication. I understand that, under different circumstances, Christians or Jews would be in the same place that Muslims are today - however, that place is already here. Whether with rejection or revision, Islamic extremism must be stopped by its own peaceful followers.

I don't know how we'd quell it, I haven't really thought about it and I probably won't either. But I do know that what you see as the "only ways to combat Islamic extremism", are not the only ways. That's rather close minded and I'd encourage you to use your imagination instead of narrowing down your options.

Peaceful Muslims have and do reject extremism, millions of them in fact. Trust me, if they were all extremists wiling to blow themselves up for their faith, things would be a lot worse. And sure, they should acknowledge that their religion can encourage violence as a means of communication and otherwise. But this isn't unique to Islam and I don't really believe they need to change their religion. The Qu'ran says a lot of messed up things and so does the Bible, and yet that doesn't mean people need to change their faith in order to not do these messed up things as peaceful Muslims and Christians are living proof of. I also agree that primarily the responsibility for fighting Islamic extremism lies with its peaceful followers, but everyone who can do something should do something.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

I don't know how we'd quell it, I haven't really thought about it and I probably won't either. But I do know that what you see as the "only ways to combat Islamic extremism", are not the only ways. That's rather close minded and I'd encourage you to use your imagination instead of narrowing down your options.

Peaceful Muslims have and do reject extremism, millions of them in fact. Trust me, if they were all extremists wiling to blow themselves up for their faith, things would be a lot worse. And sure, they should acknowledge that their religion can encourage violence as a means of communication and otherwise. But this isn't unique to Islam and I don't really believe they need to change their religion. The Qu'ran says a lot of messed up things and so does the Bible, and yet that doesn't mean people need to change their faith in order to not do these messed up things as peaceful Muslims and Christians are living proof of. I also agree that primarily the responsibility for fighting Islamic extremism lies with its peaceful followers, but everyone who can do something should do something.

I feel that the following video addresses your points better than I can.