Lord Balian Support Thread

Alex

<SNIP>

Indeed, the updates are very much appreciated! Though that is certainly not the only thing appreciated, here. While the pain is unimaginable enough as it is, it's absolutely unfathomable to think how much worse it might for him without you by his side. From how he's talked about you, and how you talk about him, it's clear that you are the embodiment (and more) of love and care that we all would like to send his way. The time and love that you must invest into Daniel are truly inspiring. I (and others, I'm sure) can't thank you enough for that, Anne.

And again, thank you again for the updates! The story of you two has become easy to get attached to, so they're always quite relieving to read. :)

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 4
xzhPlEh.png?1

***UPDATE***

This is Daniel's wife, Anne.  In the past, when he and I were a members of BoC, I would logon either in-game or here to post updates on his health.  Sadly, this is nothing new, meaning that this has become a sad but normal thing, him being ill so often. 

I wanted to tell you all that while the surgery has been successful at sewing his left lobe back, he has had an abnormal amount of lung swelling, according to the doctors.  They dont think that this will lead to additional problems, but the swelling is making it very hard for him to breath without being in severe pain.  They have him on 1mg IV Dilaudid, which is a super pain killer, and it still isnt enough.  I am allowed to stay with him overnight most nights, as he has his own room.  But watching him in pain at night while he tries to sleep and is clenching my hand is just horrible. I feel so freaking helpless with all this.  

First, thank you all so much for your support and love.  It brings tears to my eyes knowing that so many people here, regardless of alliance, have come out to be so kind, supportive, and caring.  It is just so beautiful and amazing.  And yes, he is Christian, but I must say, a very progressive one in that he feels all religion is a way to God and as result, he has built deep lasting friendships with people of many different religions.  We both accept all prayers that are based on kindness and love.  All that I ask is that no one push their beliefs on him, at least not right now.

I promise to keep all of you guys updated.  And just FYI, he personal email is:  [email protected] 

He is in total rest mode right now, and I expect that to be the case at least until he lung swelling goes down.  Once that happens, he will logon here himself and give you guys updates.  He is aware of the overwhealming show of support, and I can tell you it really lifts his spirits....and he smiles, which makes me a very happy lady!! 

Once that swelling comes down, he will be able to come home with me, but will be on home IV's for 3 more weeks, in the hope that this horrible new infection can be taken care of.  If not, things could get worse fast...but lets handle one crisis at a time, K?  :)

Again, thank you all so much for your love and support....I know it means a lot to him, and I can tell you it means a TON to me! 

LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!  THANK YOU!!!!

Anne

PS:  I will update you again every 2 days or so :)

Thank you for the update, your man is a true warrior! 

^oo^
 (..)
 ()  ()
 ()__()

I wish nothing but the best for you and your family. I hope you get better as soon as possible. Even though you and I have never met, I hope we get to someday. Take care of yourself, first. That is the most important thing. The game will be here when you get back. So, am glad you are on vacation mode.

I'm happy to hear that you've been able to come through another hurdle. Very happy.  :D

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Update time! From Daniel (Lord Balian):

Hello Eric,

I am now home! I am on Home IV Therapy for about 14 more days. As I stated, I had a portion of my lung removed, but it is felt that it should not make things worse all that much. The major concern right now is this new infection that is resistant to most antibiotics. The doc is trying this new antibiotic (picture below), so I hope it helps. If not, things can get much worse for me, very quickly.

I also attached a photo of me in the mirror (without my glasses), holding a Politics and War sticker. I look like crap in this photo, lol. You can also see in my left upper chest area, I have a port. A port is an implant devise that has a catheter go right into my heart. This is to allow easy IV access to my bloodstream. The antibiotics I am on are so strong that if they used a simple vein to infuse them, it would burn out that smaller vein. So, they have to use a major vein like the one in my chest. I have also included some pics that Anne took while she was visiting me in the hospital. Not the best pics of my hospital room, but anyway.

Here are all of the photos he sent me (I censored a few things that he might have wanted to stay private, like his address; PM if you think I missed something):

5rXbToA.png

AJmIUwF.png

laXwqiD.png

ILarWIb.png

TirXZRG.png

xsT9M99.png

sFTtlVY.png

I am in a lot of pain, which you can probably tell by my face. I have also attached a copy of my latest pharmacy bill. I do have health insurance, but the cost of medications for Cystic Fibrosis is so horribly high, that it really puts me in a bind. However, I try not to complain….I am alive, I am married, and I have great friends here in P&W!!

If you could pass this along for me in the Forum as an update, or forward this to Alex so he can post it, I would be grateful. Within a couple days, once I am settled back home here and get a couple days rest, I will post in the forum myself.

Again, thank you all so very much for your compassion and kindness.

Blessings,

Daniel

(aka, Lord Balian)

"Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts."

- The Buddha

If you'd like to help Daniel financially, please visit and donate to his GoFundme page - https://www.gofundme.com/ryktknx2

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1

Bloody hell, seeing that bill makes me glad I have the NHS to fall back on. I am so lucky that I can get free prescriptions and hospital care. It's good to see Daniel getting on with life.

• Upvote 2

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

• Administrators

Daniel has posted an update on his GoFundMe page, that you can see here: https://www.gofundme.com/ryktknx2?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

Included is a picture with the P&W sticker that I sent him, which was requested previously.

8458671_1455880360.0609_updates.jpg

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I passed the word on campus. There is word of doing a fundraiser for him. We are currently doing one for childhood cancer but I hope that as soon as that is done we can do the fundraiser. I wish I was actually in the committee that does the fundraising or I would have one going already. Hang on strong man, you got this.

• Upvote 2

Henry Ford is your hospital? You should call up their chief pharmacist (his name is Daniel Kus) and ask him how you can benefit from the hospitals' participation in the 340B drug pricing program. His cost to buy your Creon is about $950, but the pharmacy you go to is charging closer to $5000 for it. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Anyone heard from Daniel?

I just heard from him today, incidentally. He's just returned home after another brief stint in the hospital, I think he's doing well all things considered, and sure seemed excited to be home (can you blame him?)

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic