should fascists be ilegal

Captain_Vietnam

I think the whole point of fascism is that fascists make all of the laws. Making it illegal is kinda pointless, because a fascist would just change the law when he came into power. Or do you mean discussion of fascism?

Political freedom of speech is generally useful because:

1. It lets you know who the idiots are. Do not underestimate how valuable this is.

2. Labels are so abused that they are meaningless in a political context without an accompanying platform. Both W. Bush and Obama have been called fascists, despite being on opposite sides of the political sphere in the U.S.

I'm obviously biased, but I prefer the U.S. version of speech: freedom of speech unless there is an immediate harm or the speech itself is intended as a commodity (aka copyright). Both are grey areas that require a lot of legal thought to work through, but if someone else has the time, I suppose they could explain it. Freedom of speech can be limited by contract, but standard rules of contracts apply.

Edited by Mike Haggar

As someone who is an active anti fascist, and is even having the AntiFa flag tattooed on him in the near future, I simply do not trust the government to ban anything.

I prefer the old school ways of balaclavas, tire irons, molotovs and chasing the !@#$ers back into their holes.

Edited by durmij

Though I'm against Fascism and want nearly no government at all, I believe that we shouldn't limit other people and extremists. I'm a huge free speech advocate. You should be able to say what you want even if you offend someone.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Of course it shouldn't be illegal, let Nazis speak freely even. If you can only defeat someone by banning them then clearly your politics aren't worth squat. 

What people forgot about extremes is they talk of doing what a large majority often wants, however many might not want to vote for an extreme. However the fear causes the so called "moderates" to have to pander and move in the direction of what the people want. When a country has crippled/banned extremes then the Political Elite get free reign and do as they like which in all cases involves screwing the common man.

As someone who is an active anti fascist, and is even having the AntiFa flag tattooed on him in the near future, I simply do not trust the government to ban anything.

I prefer the old school ways of balaclavas, tire irons, molotovs and chasing the !@#$ back into their holes.

The most ironic aspect of anti-Fascists, acting like what they accuse the Fascists of acting like. 

• Upvote 4

Banning something always gives it a certain glamour. Usually letting stupid people voice their views publicly is the best way to discredit them.

That said, fascists don't tend to pursue their methods democratically, and there does come a time when free thinking people need to act to protect their constitutional rights from the fascist menace.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Banning something always gives it a certain glamour. Usually letting stupid people voice their views publicly is the best way to discredit them.

That said, fascists don't tend to pursue their methods democratically, and there does come a time when free thinking people need to act to protect their constitutional rights from the fascist menace.

But the opposite of that is why they ban it. They fear if they let them voice their views publicly then they won't discredit themselves, but increase the support for the view.

The "Fascist Menace" as you put it has been completely crippled for decades and people still talk of doing things to "protect" from it, like Democracy is something that must be held on to at all costs. Reminds me of all those EU supporters putting all the problems of Europe on the feet of Nationalism when Nationalism has been an oppressed and weakened force for again, decades. 

Edited by Rozalia

Free speech doesn't apply to people whose core platform is about suppressing the speech of others. It's impossible to square that circle. But the answer isn't government. It's grassroots opposition at every step of the way.

This discussion reminds me of a certain game (who invaded PaW at one point) where the servers were shut down because the mods spammed nazi-robot-chainsaw-flamethrower things. The German government shut it down since the servers were in Germany. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Fascism and all even slightly right-wing organizations and political parties should be banned.

The people who are reactionary to the current New World Order should be imprisoned asap, as their non-humanist minds are a danger to the society.

There should be 24/7 opinion control on the internet and the Media. Social justice will only be fully achieved if everyone follows the high standards of political correctness.

The Antifa should support the police on the streets against all people who might not be in support of the government, or rather just replace the police. That will increase the effectivity while saving lots of money.

Every public demonstration should be accompanied by flying rocks, eggs and firecrackers. These brutal fascists need to know what they're allowed to and what not in a peaceful democracy.

The Hoothon-Plan should now be propagated openly, not in secret as "refugee crisis". 

Remember you nazis, it's [current year] !

Violent%2BClashes%2BAthens%2BMark%2BFirs

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Odin
  • Upvote 3

Fascism and all even slightly right-wing organizations and political parties should be banned.

The people who are reactionary to the current New World Order should be imprisoned asap, as their non-humanist minds are a danger to the society.

There should be 24/7 opinion control on the internet and the Media. Social justice will only be fully achieved if everyone follows the high standards of political correctness.

The Antifa should support the police on the streets against all people who might not be in support of the government, or rather just replace the police. That will increase the effectivitys while saving lots of money.

Every public demonstration should be accompanied by flying rocks, eggs and firecrackers. These brutal fascists need to know what they're allowed to and what not in a peaceful democracy.

The Hoothon-Plan should now be propagated openly, not in secret as "refugee crisis". 

Violent%2BClashes%2BAthens%2BMark%2BFirs

hqdefault.jpg

10/10 I kek'd

seriously tho, if you're too hotheaded to accept the fact another guy has different opinions than you and go full bigot mode, even before they're put to the test, you're a weak-willed hypocrite and should leave the big guys (UUUU) to do the real discussions

>le truth does not fear investigation meme

mods pls no b00ly

• Upvote 1

:^)

Free speech doesn't apply to people whose core platform is about suppressing the speech of others. It's impossible to square that circle. But the answer isn't government. It's grassroots opposition at every step of the way.

Of course it applies to them. The core of the principle of free speech is that the government should not restrain speech that is unpopular or contrary to the opinion of the government. 

• Upvote 3

Of course it applies to them. The core of the principle of free speech is that the government should not restrain speech that is unpopular or contrary to the opinion of the government.

Which is why I deliberately said the government shouldn't get involved and the solution to fascists is opposition at every opportunity.

Why does everyone assume that all fascists are tyrannical dictators with genocidal regimes? Sure, there have been a lot of those idiots that have shared our viewpoint, but not all of us are bad.

it's a commie-pushed meme, and a bad one to boot