Democratic Vs Dictatorial Alliances

greatkitteh

What are the most or most relevant democratic and dictatorial alliances you can have in mind?

Do you belive a democratic or dictatorial system is better for an alliance?

For me

-UPN,BOC, and some others are the most "Democratic" alliances in the high tier. I acknowledge there are other medium alliances have democratic systems with some probably more free.

-Mensa HQ is the Most dictatorial Alliance in top of my head with their "Dear Leader Preiffer, the protector of all Mensacans". Rose and BK would come close but Preiffer definately got the closest to Kim Jong Un rank.

(I didn't start a flamewar ;~;)

Which system is better?

-Democratic alliances are Priefferible prefrable to dictatorial ones in that members are more welcomed in general than in Dictatorial ones.

-Also, it does pressure goverments to do more then in dictatorial goverments. Fortunately, UPN, Boc, or Rose doesnt have a two party system :D

-Lastly, it simply feels welcoming to have a variety of members and leaders. I'm pretty sure Mensa or Arrgh won't execute you but goverments are pressured in trying to welcome as many potentional voters as possible compared to a guranteed win.

Edited by greatkitteh

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

We don't try and welcome people, that's the point. Pfeiffer is the head of the beast but he generally follows a consensus of public opinion and our famous activity probably means we have much broader and in depth discussion than most "democratic" alliances. It also allows us to react quickly in war time.

As a military style alliance, Pfeiffer is the general. You don't want lots of different voices in those situations. You want one voice. When Pfeiffer speaks at top level discussions, people know he speaks for the entire strength of Mensa. We don't need to allow for dissent or different opinions.

May the light of dio forever guide his hand.

This is true.

Pfeiffer is still an !@#$ though.  Don't let us fool you.

----------------------------------

But srsly, in Mensa there's a lot of discussion from members to the Intelligentsia that helps formulate better efficiency for us overall.  Dear Leader is, of course, the final voice in the matter.  Granted some members don't agree with how our discussions go, but the end result shows evidence of our ability to rank high in military while maintaining steady coordinated growth.

Just look at the beginning of our time in Orbis till now.  We've adapted to so much stuff after learning from you folks here.

• Downvote 1

Democracy, at least where I've seen it, just leads to inefficiency and bureaucracy. With a dictator, you don't need to wait 3 days to get an answer on simple questions, and they don't need to worry about appeasing people just to get a vote. Democracy can probably be done right...but it hasn't, and probably never will tbh.

The goverment can generally make a decision in a day unless they want a offensive though.

My point is though, Democratic alliances are more welcoming and have a positive attitue towards any voice in the millitary. Napoleon and Lenin can be both officers. Most dictatorial alliances seem to be more picky and refined. I belive this ruins the whole point of an alliance, which is seeking an active but also sociable community over orbis politics.

I do see both points though, and I am probably biased over the fact I was never in Mensa or Arrgh with their stalinist command structure and "Dear Leaders".

Also, that was quick responce time :0.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

We are active. Our community is 8+ years old, even newcomers are relatively well known to each other. The eRep crowd are pretty close and we don't need new players and we don't recruit. So it's kind of pointless to talk about how our method isn't welcoming for new players

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

The goverment can generally make a decision in a day unless they want a offensive though.

we've obviously been in different democratic alliances :P

• Upvote 4
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

My point is though, Democratic alliances are more welcoming and have a positive attitue towards any voice in the millitary. Napoleon and Lenin can be both officers. Most dictatorial alliances seem to be more picky and refined. I belive this ruins the whole point of an alliance, which is seeking an active but also sociable community over orbis politics.

EDIT: Just saw this, and I don't think I understand what you mean. If you're trying to say that democracy = mass member, you haven't seen BK then.

• Upvote 3

We are active. Our community is 8+ years old, even newcomers are relatively well known to each other. The eRep crowd are pretty close and we don't need new players and we don't recruit. So it's kind of pointless to talk about how our method isn't welcoming for new players

To be fair, we are welcoming when people aren't obvious shitlords on our boards.  Take Satisfriend for example, he joined up and started posting in our boards.  Normally new people get a trial by fire, but he hasn't because he doesn't post up absolute trash or make leaky faulty arguments.

However, we are generally not welcoming to new people.  We have a hyena pack mentality when people make stupid posts or whine too much.  Mensa requires people to have thick skin.

• Downvote 1

EDIT: Just saw this, and I don't think I understand what you mean. If you're trying to say that democracy = mass member, you haven't seen BK then.

tumblr_m12ob3AOm21rncxlmo1_1280.jpg

This is how I imagine BK.

It just needs the "ayy lmao" spam in chat.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

tumblr_m12ob3AOm21rncxlmo1_1280.jpg

This is how I imagine BK.

It just needs the "ayy lmao" spam in chat.

h2sfRm7.jpg

Could have added lens flares and what not, but this was a quickie.

• Upvote 3

I'll give 5 points.  Would've gotten 10 points if PBG and Trump2016 was in the middle of that.

ferb, I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow

"Democracy" is bad in this game because only 12 years old attempt it, or they forge "democracies" too close to the shitfest that is real life. Democracy is not about the voting and the presidents, the senates and the bureacreacy, its about communities that work as one, where every voice is equal and heard. 

I think there are a lot more democratic systems in this game than you peeps imagine, everytime you make the entire alliance part of the discussion, when it matters, you are using democratic ways.

And a community that is tight, made of brothers, not by citizens, is a community that will thrive and survive all hardships. I have seen it happen folks, its the power of our civilization, of our culture, and im proud of it.

As Strum said, Democracy just slows everything down, and people pander to things that help the individual not the alliance to get votes. When you aren't in gov sometimes it is tough to see the big picture and in democratic alliances sometimes people don't see that, all they see is the actions and their direct results on them. Democracy is also time consuming and also takes up a lot of time that could be used for other stuff in the game.

OOC: In RL there are many more people in the bigger picture and much more at stake. Pixels vs lives are a complete different story, and you can just easily leave an alliance if a leader turns stupid. In RL, sometimes it's hard to leave a country.

Edited by Magicboyd25
  • Upvote 1

I do see both points though, and I am probably biased over the fact I was never in Mensa or Arrgh with their stalinist command structure and "Dear Leaders".

Arrgh is a pirate anarchy and our captains can do basically whatever they feel like, so idk what you are referring to?  

tvPWtuA.gif

OOC: In RL there are many more people in the bigger picture and much more at stake. Pixels vs lives are a complete different story, and you can just easily leave an alliance if a leader turns stupid. In RL, sometimes it's hard to leave a country.

OOC

IRL Dictators can do much worse than what Preiffer might do in Mensa.

Arrgh is a pirate anarchy and our captains can do basically whatever they feel like, so idk what you are referring to?

Do you vote for the "gRand admiral?"

Greatkitteh was here.-

OOC

IRL Dictators can do much worse than what Preiffer might do in Mensa.

Do you vote for the "gRand admiral?"

Any captain can mutiny the grand admiral at any time, anyone can be nominated then there's a vote, so we're actually more democratic than most "democracies".

Our form is violent and involves keelhauling, which is innately superior

• Upvote 3
tvPWtuA.gif

UPNers of all people should know democracy sucks. Look at where it got you :v

I remember you! Weren't you one of the people that jumped ship when the water got a bit treacherous?

https://i.imgur.com/Jg0gWBo.mp4

You're actually reading this?

"Trade-ever trade and the increasing of their fortunes- seems to have occupied their minds above all else."[/center]

BK is not a democracy and we are awesome. Therefore, democracy suxs

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I've long been a fan of the benevolent dictator approach. While the dictator in the end has full control of the alliance, listening to the voices in your alliance and making decisions that better the majority help to create trust and support from your members.

With that trust and support, come the ability to have them back you when you make a singular call without reference. This is quite useful when a split-second decision needs to be made, such as military actions, etc.

• Upvote 4

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!