Why Cats are the best Thing ever

Redael

Here are some reasons cats are the best thing ever along with a few random letters to confuse you, feel free to debate:
Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in Asia.h
On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.i
Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.d
When a cat chases its prey, it keeps its head level. Dogs and humans bob their heads up and down.i
The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a “bezoar.â€f
A group of cats is called a “clowder.â€g
Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more often left pawed. Interestingly, while 90% of humans are right handed, the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.l
cat climb down
A cat cannot climb head first down a tree because its claws are curved the wrong way A cat can’t climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cat’s paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a cat must back down.i
Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.i
A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.i
There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approximately 40 recognized breeds.k
Approximately 24 cat skins can make a coat.e
While it is commonly thought that the ancient Egyptians were the first to domesticate cats, the oldest known pet cat was recently found in a 9,500-year-old grave on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. This grave predates early Egyptian art depicting cats by 4,000 years or more.g
During the time of the Spanish Inquisition, Pope Innocent VIII condemned cats as evil and thousands of cats were burned. Unfortunately, the widespread killing of cats led to an explosion of the rat population, which exacerbated the effects of the Black Death.g
During the Middle Ages, cats were associated with withcraft, and on St. John’s Day, people all over Europe would stuff them into sacks and toss the cats into bonfires. On holy days, people celebrated by tossing cats from church towers.g
cat pet
Cats are the most popular pet in North American Cats are North America’s most popular pets: there are 73 million cats compared to 63 million dogs. Over 30% of households in North America own a cat.g
The first cat in space was a French cat named Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocatâ€) In 1963, France blasted the cat into outer space. Electrodes implanted in her brains sent neurological signals back to Earth. She survived the trip.g
The group of words associated with cat (catt, cath, chat, katze) stem from the Latin catus, meaning domestic cat, as opposed to feles, or wild cat.b

• Upvote 3

Gary Johnson 2016

lol. 

I hope this earns you your money back at least. :P

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Here are some reasons cats are the best thing ever along with a few random letters to confuse you, feel free to debate:

Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in Asia.h

On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.i

Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.d

When a cat chases its prey, it keeps its head level. Dogs and humans bob their heads up and down.i

The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a “bezoar.â€f

A group of cats is called a “clowder.â€g

Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more often left pawed. Interestingly, while 90% of humans are right handed, the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.l

cat climb down

A cat cannot climb head first down a tree because its claws are curved the wrong way A cat can’t climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cat’s paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a cat must back down.i

Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.i

A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.i

There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world, with approximately 40 recognized breeds.k

Approximately 24 cat skins can make a coat.e

While it is commonly thought that the ancient Egyptians were the first to domesticate cats, the oldest known pet cat was recently found in a 9,500-year-old grave on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. This grave predates early Egyptian art depicting cats by 4,000 years or more.g

During the time of the Spanish Inquisition, Pope Innocent VIII condemned cats as evil and thousands of cats were burned. Unfortunately, the widespread killing of cats led to an explosion of the rat population, which exacerbated the effects of the Black Death.g

During the Middle Ages, cats were associated with withcraft, and on St. John’s Day, people all over Europe would stuff them into sacks and toss the cats into bonfires. On holy days, people celebrated by tossing cats from church towers.g

cat pet

Cats are the most popular pet in North American Cats are North America’s most popular pets: there are 73 million cats compared to 63 million dogs. Over 30% of households in North America own a cat.g

The first cat in space was a French cat named Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocatâ€) In 1963, France blasted the cat into outer space. Electrodes implanted in her brains sent neurological signals back to Earth. She survived the trip.g

The group of words associated with cat (catt, cath, chat, katze) stem from the Latin catus, meaning domestic cat, as opposed to feles, or wild cat.b

Your offering is accepted.
  • Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

Oh, I'm evil. I just love a good laugh.

Don't trust people so easily on here. We are all bastards.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

• Upvote 4

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Orbis = bastard land. Well, except for the rare people. Me and my friends. Everyone else is a bastard.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

cats suck. dogs are way more fun. All my cat does is eat and make this weird ass screeching noise, damn thing weighs 20 lbs. dogs are much more friendly. Ferrets are cool too, best of both worlds in some regards. Only thing I dont like about ferrets is that they are dirty and dont live as long as either dogs or cats. But still would have to give it to dogs

• Upvote 1

"The group of words associated with cat (catt, cath, chat, katze) stem from the Latin catus, meaning domestic cat, as opposed to feles, or wild cat.b"

Interesting. I was under the impression that Feles was a late imperial latin word for the same thing. I didn't know it had the connotation of "wild." Nice to know. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.