Game Growth Discussion

MRBOOTY

1.  An in-game publication/media function.  Get posters off the boards and posting in-game content.  eRep is a great model for this, at least the newspaper function from 2010/2011 would be a great model, not sure about the how it's done there currently.

2.  Some sort of periodic alliance resets or incentives for war.  I will admit that currently I am struggling with the minute daily improvement to my nation as incentive to continue logging in.  There must be more to the game but not so much that it demands constant attention. 

I disagree I think the boards are a fantastic place for activity and more people should try to be here too. I dont think there should be large in game stuff like what happens on the forums. Correct me if I'm interpreting you wrong.

1.  An in-game publication/media function.  Get posters off the boards and posting in-game content.  eRep is a great model for this, at least the newspaper function from 2010/2011 would be a great model, not sure about the how it's done there currently.

2.  Some sort of periodic alliance resets or incentives for war.  I will admit that currently I am struggling with the minute daily improvement to my nation as incentive to continue logging in.  There must be more to the game but not so much that it demands constant attention.

Something to fight over other then insults and fake CB's would be nice.

Well I only played for a few months, so I didn't know that. Also, do you play eRep? If so, what was your name, I feel like I know you...

I stopped playing about the same time as I started playing PnW. There is only one Wayne from eUK... that should be a big enough clue as to who I am :P

I disagree I think the boards are a fantastic place for activity and more people should try to be here too. I dont think there should be large in game stuff like what happens on the forums. Correct me if I'm interpreting you wrong.

The boards are fantastic, but only a limited section of the actual playerbase use them on a regular basis. Something in game as many uses, pretty much like adverts and wouldn't take away from the actual forum. If anything they could be used to entice more people into the forums. I don't see a single bad thing about in game media.

Edited by Wayne

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Serbia have ruled eRep for the past 4 years.  It's nothing new.  eUK was one election away from losing control to the Serbs last year, but votes got removed and the ATO won instead.  It's still run by native eUKers, even if it is a shadow of it's former self.

Seeing as a lot of you are from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and is it nationstates? do you sit around doing !@#$ all most of the time, farming resources in that too?

Honestly one of the largest problems with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is that most of the day to day gameplay is completely figured out. You can basically play the game using about 5 minutes every 10 days in peace time.

But really I think what has killed / is killing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is that the game basically stagnated into a cycle with wars every 6-12 months or so, with the wars basically being decided in advance since no one is willing to take a chance. In between the wars are then political maneuvering to ensure one is victorious in the next war. This is interesting enough for the people on top, who is making the moves, but outside those 10-15 people it isn't really that interesting. Furthermore many of the people on top have basically been the same ones for several years, meaning that they all pretty much know each other and many of them are friends despite their alliances being officially on different sides. This means that there are no real antagonism and no real rivalries. I mean hell, the last war I recall that had a real reason, beyond simply determining who would be on top for the next six months, was in 2012.

There are of course other reasons, I mean I could probably write a several page long essay about why I think (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is dying, but I think it mainly boils down to the two things I mention above:

Lack of something to do for the majority of players and lack of any real antagonism/grudges.

EDIT: I speeeel good :P

Edited by Zoot

Honestly one of the largest problems with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is that most of the day to day gameplay is completely figured out. You can basically play the game using about 5 minutes every 10 days in peace time.

But really I think what has killed / is killing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is that the game basically stagnated into a cycle with wars every 6-12 months or so, with the wars basically being decided in advance since no one is willing to take a chance. In between the wars are then political maneuvering to ensure one is victorious in the next war. This is interesting enough for the people on top, who is making the moves, but outside those 10-15 people it isn't really that interesting. Furthermore many of the people on top have basically been the same ones for several years, meaning that they all pretty much know each other and many of them are friends despite their alliances being officially on different sides. This means that there are no real antagonism and no real rivalries. I mean hell, the last war I recall that had a real reason, beyond simply determining who would be on top for the next six months, was in 2012.

There are of course other reasons, I mean I could probably write a several page long essay about why I think (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is dying, but I think it mainly boils down to the two things I mention above:

Lack of something to do for the majority of players and lack of any real antagonism/grudges.

EDIT: I speeeel good :P

So (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) died because of pretty much the same things that this game is afflicted by?

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

So (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) died because of pretty much the same things that this game is afflicted by?

This game is in no way near what is happening in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). :P I think we are good lol

This game is in no way near what is happening in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). :P I think we are good lol

Change (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for PnW, change the war from every 6-12 months to 3-6 months in Zoots post and you have pretty much described Politics and War.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with the game, maybe it's just the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players spoiling it!  B)

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Change (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for PnW, change the war from every 6-12 months to 3-6 months in Zoots post and you have pretty much described Politics and War.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with the game, maybe it's just the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players spoiling it!  B)

Well that type of interaction is what kills communities :P Trust me the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) people are not killing it at all so I hope you all don't believe that. If you do, well then you are creating an issue lol

And war here is less uniform as it is in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Having been a part of higher up wars in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I know it is definitely a lot different here. Things are a lot better here, even though it is a smaller community. 

Conner Temple/ Conner T. Your Bruce Wayne, right? The leader of the Independant Britain Military group thing? (Honestely cant remember the name of it)

MFW, that is probably the biggest insult I have ever received...

Bruce Wayne is Don Dapper.  There was only ever one Wayne in eUK and that was WayneKerr!

You must be one of them new!@#$s...

Well that type of interaction is what kills communities :P Trust me the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) people are not killing it at all so I hope you all don't believe that. If you do, well then you are creating an issue lol

And war here is less uniform as it is in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Having been a part of higher up wars in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I know it is definitely a lot different here. Things are a lot better here, even though it is a smaller community.

I thought the shades would show I was being sarcastic... but if what Zoot said was vaugely true, then I see the problems in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) being the same problems in PnW. Namely a lack of exciting fights, due to people being too scared of the dogpile to bother taking a risk.

Edited by Wayne

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

I'm sorry for spoiling it :(

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Bruce Wayne is Don Dapper.  There was only ever one Wayne in eUK and that was WayneKerr!

I thought the shades would show I was being sarcastic... but if what Zoot said was vaugely true, then I see the problems in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) being the same problems in PnW. Namely a lack of exciting fights, due to people being too scared of the dogpile to bother taking a risk.

Well it really boils down to people not wanting to have themselves completely destroyed in a war, so if in their case they want to work to actually win. It can be seen as an issue, but no one wants to go into something knowing they are going to get the snot beaten out of them. They want to find a way to try to win a conflict or at least do decent. That can create issues yes, but it is some standard which a lot of people follow in games like these.

After not playing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for a few years the whole having the forums ( most important part of the game ) completely separate to the main game dose seem strange,from e-repulik to eve online most interaction is in the game itself. Its an extra step people have to take before getting "in to" the game and its the smallest annoyance that will make someone sign up and never come back. I like forums for the easy to navigate layout but the process should be automated, one account for both and make it appear less separate, make people realise its importance straight away. Recruiting new people into the community is the only way to keep the politics fresh in the long run 

Also here because of a facebook ad so they're helping :)

• Upvote 4

Dats the one. Couldn't remember the name at all... and I only played eRep for around 2 months.

LTcxGHN.jpg

Conner Temple/ Conner T. You're Bruce Wayne, right? The leader of the Independent Britain Military group thing? (Honestly can't remember the name of it)

Funny. I was on my phone saying that and I was tired...

LTcxGHN.jpg

I used to have a decent presence in another game (kid's game called Roblox) and I've been trying pretty hard to get some friends over there to come over. I used to be 2iC of an alliance that's got 132k members (though admittedly activity levels are extraordinarily low on that game, as it's a very non serious game), and I have about 20,000 forum posts so I knew plenty of people, the trick is finding people who still play that I know because it was so long ago.

I've tried to get real life friends into the game but everyone pretty much dismisses it because they don't want to work with numbers and shit in their games. Can't really blame them, nation sims cater to a specific audience and the games themselves aren't the interesting part, the politics are. It's very hard to get into.

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

We need some invasion alliances (thinking along the lines of GOONS/LUE/Fark in early (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways))

Edit: I know Fark is here, but I think it's more of the Fark group from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) than anything (I could be wrong though)

Edited by Infinite Citadel

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

I'm thinking more of they would generally have a larger community to pull from/which would hopefully result in more members being pulled into the game. Having a villain in the game might help give current members a reason to stick around sure, but it's not going to cause new members to sign up imo

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.