New Kids on the Bloc

Saru

whoa...

• Upvote 1

Signature removed due to rule violation. All posts/imagery with text must be in English.

^ Totally not true I've seen tons of sigs with ' imagery not in english ' and so have you !!

' The Revolution shall not be silenced ' - Reznikov

Pretty sure UPN protected you last war.

Not really.  UPN didn't join in the war proper.

Don't get me wrong, I think UPN are awesome and am really pleased that we're allied with them.  They were very well organised when we had the misfortune of fighting against them.

I just don't like the effect that protectorates have on the game.  It just makes war even less likely and leads to an even more convoluted treaty web.

The treaty web doesn't really get out of control with this move. Vargen was basically already allied with trident and evenstar. While odd squad was already allied to SWF, and even star. The only alliance that didn't really have any diplomatic relations with the other alliances involved is Praeteritum. But it was basically two possible blocs in the making getting combined into one and being brought under the protection of upn. We are all just micros so not important enough to even have a spot on the web yet.

The treaty web doesn't really get out of control with this move. Vargen was basically already allied with trident and evenstar. While odd squad was already allied to SWF, and even star. The only alliance that didn't really have any diplomatic relations with the other alliances involved is Praeteritum. But it was basically two possible blocs in the making getting combined into one and being brought under the protection of upn. We are all just micros so not important enough to even have a spot on the web yet.

Yeah but nobody cares about them being allied to eachother.  It wouldn't stop too many people raiding them.  The UPN alliance is what is going to protect them.  They are now pretty much safe.  It's a good move for these alliances but it most certainly does effect the treaty web.

Not really. UPN didn't join in the war proper.

Don't get me wrong, I think UPN are awesome and am really pleased that we're allied with them. They were very well organised when we had the misfortune of fighting against them.

I just don't like the effect that protectorates have on the game. It just makes war even less likely and leads to an even more convoluted treaty web.

Why would it make war less likely? War is a certainty in a war game with or without us small alliances being protected. The protection is so that large alliances (won't mention names) can't come in and extort or level an entire alliance for no reason at al, though I don't see why a bigger alliance would want to waste their time with us little people in the first place.

It effects the web, but any move would. But the way it is being talked about it is being made out like the web is gonna become one jumbled mess because of this. Whereas it was a jumbled mess before this, if anything this bloc is one of the most unjumbled pieces of the web, because we aren't allied to a bunch of different alliances throughout orbis. So we just make a circle on the web with a tiny protection line linking us to upn

Edited by chrishinton52

Don't get me wrong, I think UPN are awesome and am really pleased that we're allied with them.  They were very well organised when we had the misfortune of fighting against them.

I just don't like the effect that protectorates have on the game.  It just makes war even less likely and leads to an even more convoluted treaty web.

They're the reason neither Rose nor VE declared war on you.

Also, if we didnt protect people like VI, Grealind would try to extort $70m from a micro...

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Mensa is just mad because they have less raiding targets :P

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I'm not even upset, let alone mad.  Never mind the whole alliance being mad!

I simply stated that it makes the game more boring.  Same applies when anyone else signs a protectorate, whichever side they are on.  It's obviously a good move for the alliances gaining the protection in this case though.

This just makes the game more boring.  Protectorates are bad mmkay.

So protectorates are bad unless it's your butt being protected, right?

Sounds legit. 

hypocrisy-meter.gif

• Upvote 2

JCbanner-1.jpg
Fridays 6PM Pacific Time
XRadio

So protectorates are bad unless it's your butt being protected, right?

Sounds legit. 

hypocrisy-meter.gif

I think protectorates are bad, period.  I can understand why a small alliance would want to be protected though.  I guess there are different motivations for why a large alliance would want to offer such protection but I think Orbis would be a better place without it.  I think you were implying that we're a protectorate of UPN which is clearly not the case, we're allies.

I'm not a fan of small, insignificant alliances either tbh.  I doubt that's a popular view around these parts but I don't think they achieve much at all other than to make a few people in leadership feel important.  I'd rather contribute to a reasonably powerful alliance than rule an insignificant one.

Edited by Dan77