Prefontaine's Radio show

Prefontaine

Apparently enough of you now listen to the recordings of the shows that you've driven our server over it's monthly bandwidth allotment (which we've never come close to in years of hosting shows for various political sims.) Well done :P

We're waiting for Mikey, who pays for our server, to show up and resolve the bandwidth issue. We'll also be changing how we host and serve the shows so this doesn't happen again going forward.

As a temporary stopgap, I threw up the recordings from last night here: http://www.chirbit.com/Tenages

Edited by Tenages
  • Upvote 3
wF9Bjre.gif

sounds like its time to turn it into a podcast and put it up on Itunes, and let them deal with the hosting.

Or just get less awesome guests on that noone actually wants to listen to... AKA everyone that is not me.

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

sounds like its time to turn it into a podcast and put it up on Itunes, and let them deal with the hosting.

Or just get less awesome guests on that noone actually wants to listen to... AKA everyone that is not me.

Was apparently the previous show that rocked the bandwidth, not the most recent. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Or just get less awesome guests on that noone actually wants to listen to... AKA everyone that is not me.o

You actually still have to deal with hosting for an itunes podcast, they just provide an easy place to download it from where you'll potentially get  a lot of exposure.

They being said, the hosting issue has been solved for now. The show recordings have been reformatted as a podcast and submitted to Itunes, so assuming they accept it (can't see why they wouldn't) you'll be able to listen to it, and download new episodes through Itunes if you want. I'll also continue to maintain an archive page on the SK website (at the same link as in the OP) though the episodes won't be hosted on our server. And I'll also provide the RSS feed so anyone who wants to can follow the show using their client of choice.

The archive page on the SK site should be functioning again by the end of tomorrow.

Edited by Tenages
wF9Bjre.gif

As per SRD's suggestion, the show is now available in itunes, and you can download old episodes and subscribe to new ones. You can search itunes for the "Prefontaine Variety Show" or just follow this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/prefontaine-friends-variety/id1045137063

If you don't use itunes, but still want to follow updates automatically, you can subscribe directly to the RSS feed: http://7kingdoms.net/radio/feed/podcast/prefontainevarietyshow

And finally, starting tomorrow, episodes will once again be linked on the SK Radio archive page: http://7kingdoms.net/radio/archives/

wF9Bjre.gif

As per SRD's suggestion, the show is now available in itunes, and you can download old episodes and subscribe to new ones. You can search itunes for the "Prefontaine Variety Show" or just follow this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/prefontaine-friends-variety/id1045137063

If you don't use itunes, but still want to follow updates automatically, you can subscribe directly to the RSS feed: http://7kingdoms.net/radio/feed/podcast/prefontainevarietyshow

And finally, starting tomorrow, episodes will once again be linked on the SK Radio archive page: http://7kingdoms.net/radio/archives/

I never gave you permission to post my likeness to itunes. You'll be hearing from my lawyer. 

lawyer_zoidberg1024.gif

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Since the last two shows had the recent war as a major topic, here's a graph showing the number of wars Mensa/Guardian/TEst/BK/TKR were engaged in with VE and it's allies (Vanguard, NAC, Cornerstone).

x axis are NS tiers ie 4 = 400-500, 5 = 500-600, 6 = 600-700. It's based on NS levels 2-3 weeks after the war though, not before/during the war.

I didn't bother with the <400 NS nations before they don't matter as much, they're the lowest tier and their rebuilding costs will be low, plus there's so god damn many of them. :P

Also this is just the pre-rollback wars.

Yg4I0Q0.png

Anyways, it clearly shows Mensa was doing a lot of the fighting in the mid-tiers, and even contributed to fighting in the mid-upper tier. BK was mostly fighting in the <400 NS tier.

Mensa was winning in all of their wars, and in the time period that the roll-back erased, they engaged in several new wars with VE's #10-#30 nations, cutting the number of VE nations with a military worth half a damn by about half. Only about a dozen VE nations had a military, and several of them were going down fast, or were inevitably going to go down once beige protection ended. Mensa did get 2 of their top nations taken out though (Avruch and Blande). I suspect Mensa did the vast majority of the military damage to VE since Guardian got blitzed hard in the first couple days so that by the time TEst entered, they were significantly outnumbered in the upper tiers and it's not too surprising VE were able to take them out in their counter-attack.

Only 7 VE nations had militaries large enough that they were a challenge. Out of those, 1 went inactive around the end of the war, and 2 were out of range of just about everyone (Andrew Ryan and Thatguy). So it would have been 4 VE members (Goldie, Codonian, Tuseto and Lion) vs Mensa and whatever TEst and Guardian could rebuild. I shouldn't understate how difficult it would have been to deal with them though, since their militaries were larger than anything on our side. It was going to be difficult for Guardian/TEst upper tier to rebuild without getting in range of those 4 and getting declared on before being fully rebuilt, and while Mensa did take down VE members that had 10-20% larger militaries than Mensa's top members, these 4 VE members had 20-40% larger militaries. So I think it would have taken a rather long time for either side to achieve complete military victory on all fronts, although I think VE/Mensa/Guardian/TEst/BK/TKR would have eventually pulled it off, maybe after another week of fighting.

• Upvote 1

It was kinda interesting, but is it always just talking about current events/asking the participants about their views of the top 10-20 alliances?

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg