Airstrike and naval victories count towards overall victory counter

Kyoko

I could see this adding more dynamism to wars. There are plenty of examples where blockades and air campaigns have had significant effects on a nation's foreign policy and which brought them to the negotiating table to end a war. Japan, Germany, Iraq come to mind. Maybe you could win by a combination of victories as an alternative to the 6 consecutive immense triumphs on the ground, which would still be the quickest way to bring an enemy down. 

Edited by Sam Boga

Ugh. No. This will ruin war and turn it into a beigefest. I can't express enough how bad of an idea this is. In fact hasn't it been suggested before?

I'm in favor of this, the point of beige is it protects a nation from further damage after being defeated in war.  If this change was made, I would argue that beiging should give you more loot (larger percentage of resources and bank) since it would be harder to achieve 6 immense victories without a single defeat, even a phyrric one.

This would also allow a nation to avoid beige by gaining a naval or air victory

Edited by Ogaden
tvPWtuA.gif

I'm in favor of this, the point of beige is it protects a nation from further damage after being defeated in war.  If this change was made, I would argue that beiging should give you more loot (larger percentage of resources and bank) since it would be harder to achieve 6 immense victories without a single defeat, even a phyrric one.

Strangely, I can accept this.

The only issue I have then is players purposely not attacking back at all.  Then the aggressive player will probably end up sitting on 5 victories waiting for it to be reset to do more damage.  etc.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

So the OP's idea doesn't really work in my mind.  To expand on Ogaden's idea, how about if you hold naval and/or Air superiority when you beige them (on the ground) you get more loot?  Hence you have to hold all three at the end of the war to maximize the loot.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Right now, if you're planning to deal as much damage as possible in a war, you will want to prolong the war as far as you can go and spend most of the war carpet bombing your enemy with planes or sometimes with missiles as appropriate. If Airstrikes and naval battles count toward the overall victory to end the war, well, as people would be more inclined to just spam the missiles/nukes without investing too much into soldiers/tanks/aircrafts/ships beyond what they need to provide meager defenses.

This would turn any alliance war into whoever can turtle the best, aka global snoozefest. There won't be much point in strategizing with your allies and attacking in unison (read: the actually fun part in wars) when the most valid strategy is "press a button every 16 hours"

Just to add my point on Phiney's post above :ph34r:

Edited by Atzuya
UedhRvY.png

This would ruin conventional warfare. As Phiney said, the only way to destroy significant amounts of infra in this case would be nukes and missiles. Everything else would become useless for any purpose other than raiding.

What we have now is fine. If you want to just raid and destroy minimal infra then you utilize primarily ground attacks, and the war is over in 24 hours. If you want to destroy infra, then you have air strikes, nukes missiles and naval battles for that. If you don't want to have your infra destroyed then don't play this game because it isn't freaking neopets, okay? It's Politics & War. Infra destruction happens. Deal with it.

This would ruin conventional warfare. As Phiney said, the only way to destroy significant amounts of infra in this case would be nukes and missiles. Everything else would become useless for any purpose other than raiding.

What we have now is fine. If you want to just raid and destroy minimal infra then you utilize primarily ground attacks, and the war is over in 24 hours. If you want to destroy infra, then you have air strikes, nukes missiles and naval battles for that. If you don't want to have your infra destroyed then don't play this game because it isn't freaking neopets, okay? It's Politics & War. Infra destruction happens. Deal with it.

36 hours are required to beige someone out fyi.

-signature removed for rules violation-

36 hours are required to beige someone out fyi.

Actually, you start with 6 turns. That's 2 ground attacks right off the bat. So you only need 4 more ground attacks. Each 2 hour turn gives you 1 action point, therefore you get a new ground attack every 6 hours. 6 times 4 is 24 hours. In other words, from the moment you begin the war to the moment you've gotten enough action points to finish the job, that time period is 24 hours.

Say you start a war 1 minute after an update. That's 6 turns or 2 ground attacks. In 2 hours you have 1 action point. In 4 hours you have 2. 6 hours gets you 3, or a third ground attack. By 8 hours in you have another action point, then one after 10 hours, and a fourth ground attack is available after 12. 14 hours gets you an action point, 16 hours gets you an action point, and 18 hours gives you your fifth ground attack. 20 hours gets you a point, 22 hours gets you a point, and guess what happens at 24 hours? That's right.. You get your 6th ground attack. Now please explain to me how you think it takes 36 hours to get enough action points to beige someone.

1v1 boss? Or do you need to hide behind anyone's pantycoats?

Nope. I roll with my alliance. You mess with me, you mess with them. Pretty standard stuff.

Could count missiles and nukes as immense triumphs too, so they count towards beige, and a counter-missile would stop the beige count and give the defender an immense triumph.

Beige basically means you have completely overwhelmed your opponents military and they are forced to surrender.  I would even make nukes count as 2 immense triumphs.

Edited by Ogaden
tvPWtuA.gif

Maybe do this and increase the counter till end of war to 12

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"