remove the ability to go into vacation mode during war or alliance wars

rapmanej

All of my experiences with you make me refuse to believe this statement at all. Just thought you should know.

That is why you don't form conclusions about people based on two months worth of forum posting in a browser game. My opinions on these matters are based on years of playing these games for fun. Mensa is not much more than a blip on the radar, and certainly has no impact on my opinions about game mechanics. You guys could be replaced with any other poor sap and the result would be exactly the same.

Edited by Estelle

y'all need to take a big deep breath and sut the !@#$ up, t'is but a game...

I hate these kinds of comments. They're discussing how the game works in a forum about the game. Like what do you want them to do

Anyways I like Emily/Clarke's suggestion. Maybe make it so that a percentage of the nation's income goes towards the attacker if they dip into vacation mode

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=16794

This nation is in Vacation Mode for the next 240 turns. This nation cannot be attacked or traded with during that time.

I'm gravedigging this as to not have two identical threads

Sheepy, admit it, it's a design flaw to allow nations to slip into vacation mode during war, especially during alliance wars.   

If anyone goes into vacation mode during war, if he has been attacked , his attacker will be able to continue hitting him till the war expired. If he managed to slip into the mode without being attack then he is lucky ( but then again he will not get any income or resources during that period)

If anyone goes into vacation mode during war, if he has been attacked , his attacker will be able to continue hitting him till the war expired. If he managed to slip into the mode without being attack then he is lucky ( but then again he will not get any income or resources during that period)

We know.  Maybe just transfer 100% of his gross income to people at war with him when he enter vacation mode.  Strengthen your enemies by entering vacation mode might help deter the behavior.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Do you seriously think that would bother them? Transfer their income to their enemy? Well somehow the revenue is indirectly tied to the infra that he/she has. Then the enemy might think, we might as well let him go as if he has a higher infra it means more infra for us. Ended up the enemy left him intact. So instead of punishing him, you are rewarding him ( the one that went into vacation mode, I am referring to).

So is not really a good idea.

Edited by Vincent

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Rahl and PigInZen but in this one, I have to agree with them. Some of us really do have more important things to do that to fight a war. This is a game, real life is where you need to focus on. This game makes neither money nor further our lives.

I am getting married in a couple of months. I've been debating whether to join the war or not. I can still join the war right now if I want to, as I can pretend like I'm not busy and let my mother do all the work. But it's my wedding, and if I don't make it work, then who can? I can't keep checking my phone or laptop every couple of hours to launch an attack when I should be preparing for my wedding, and I don't want to walk up the aisle while airstriking Buorhann.

This I already mentioned in IRC chat, but I doubt any of my opponents will allow me to remain safe until the war ends. So I had to go to vacation. The fact that I don't know exactly when my alliance will be at war is important, because I can't declare vacation 2 weeks in advance when it could be possible that we won't be at war until next month. Sure, I can go into vacation for 3 months but if I do, everyone will be ahead of me by then.

EDIT: In other words, it's my business when I want to go to vacation. If I break an arm today or I need to go to Taiwan tomorrow, or just that I don't have the time to fight in a war, then I have every right to go on a vacation without prior approval or queue.

Edited by Alice Lune

Choosing priorities shouldn't be that hard....  Wedding > events on Orbis...(if it isn't you should reconsider said wedding).  That being said, all of us have real lives.  Most of us realize that part of choosing real life is that we may be sacrificing some pixels on Orbis (or any other game we may play).  Jumping to vacation mode is NOT intended to be a peace mode.  Sheepy stated that on 4/19 when he created vacation mode..." Vacation Mode is not a "peace mode" and it is not intended to function as one."

As such, I propose the following...if you want to go to vacation mode you should have to push a button and it should move your nation to vacation mode in 12 turns.  This allows for an active nation who has a family emergency, or short-planned vacation to ride off to a camping trip, etc. without showing as inactive and becoming a RAID target.   However it doesn't give nations a window to avoid alliance wars, or play games with the vacation mode to use it as 'peace mode'.  

Anyone should be able to go to vacation mode if real life is such that they can't get on the game.  If you just don't want to war...then don't play a game with War in the title.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Rahl and PigInZen but in this one, I have to agree with them. Some of us really do have more important things to do that to fight a war. This is a game, real life is where you need to focus on. This game makes neither money nor further our lives.

I am getting married in a couple of months. I've been debating whether to join the war or not. I can still join the war right now if I want to, as I can pretend like I'm not busy and let my mother do all the work. But it's my wedding, and if I don't make it work, then who can? I can't keep checking my phone or laptop every couple of hours to launch an attack when I should be preparing for my wedding, and I don't want to walk up the aisle while airstriking Buorhann.

This I already mentioned in IRC chat, but I doubt any of my opponents will allow me to remain safe until the war ends. So I had to go to vacation. The fact that I don't know exactly when my alliance will be at war is important, because I can't declare vacation 2 weeks in advance when it could be possible that we won't be at war until next month. Sure, I can go into vacation for 3 months but if I do, everyone will be ahead of me by then.

EDIT: In other words, it's my business when I want to go to vacation. If I break an arm today or I need to go to Taiwan tomorrow, or just that I don't have the time to fight in a war, then I have every right to go on a vacation without prior approval or queue.

How long does it take to do a few attacks? Do you get attack points quicker than the rest of us? All a war requires is to log in once a day and do all your attacks. I get being out of service area. !@#$in third world countries, but seriously you spend months building up, replying to everything on the forums and being in gov, then decide that once a day is to much. Plan it so you log in when you take your daily dump. Or you can't even crap your so busy?

McMelvin followed Asslands orders and went into vacation mode to get out of my wars. Doesn't sound like he was real life busy, it was because they were trying to exploit a game feature designed to save people with honest RL circumstances. Horrible feature