The Earth is Flat!

Fox Fire

No, really. It is... And I shall prove it! :v

We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so. But for those of you skeptical, close-minded types that flat out refuse to accept the overwhelming Biblical evidence, I have designed some experiments you can do at home that will show you, before your very eyes, that the world is indeed flat, and not spherical as some crazy scientists proclaim. It's amazing how many people blindly believe in a spherical Earth, without ever having seen it for themselves! I intend to change that.

1) Jump!
Now, scientists claim that Earth is spherical and rotating at a speed of between 700-1000 miles per hour, depending on your latitude. This is a very high rate of speed. You can disprove this nonsense by simply jumping up as high as you can. Really, it's that simple. What happens when you jump? You come straight down to where you were. But, if the Earth were indeed spinning at such a fast speed, wouldn't you land hundreds of feet away?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't. This experiment proves the Earth is fixed in space and doesn't move.

2) Blow!
Since if the Earth is supposedly a sphere, it naturally comes to assume what would happen to people below the equator, like in Australia? Since they are underneath the sphere, wouldn't they fall off? This is where scientists come up with mumbo-jumbo like "gravity" and "centrifugal force" to explain away their theories. So, the scientists want you to think that because the earth is so much more massive than people or things, that people will naturally "stick" to the bottom of the earth because of gravity.

This can be disproved very simply. Get a balloon and inflate it as big as possible. It will be a spherical shape. Now, take a piece of paper and try to rip, tear, or cut the tiniest speck of paper possible. This paper represents a human being, much smaller in mass to the balloon, which represents the Earth. Now try and place the small piece of paper to the underside of the balloon. What happens? It falls off!

That's right. Even though the balloon is so much bigger in mass, it cannot hold the tiny paper. So if the Earth was a sphere, no one could live below the equator because they would fall off.

3) Get High!
Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

If the Earth was a sphere, it would not matter how high you went, you would still see the same thing. Since this is not the case, the Earth is flat.

These experiments are all confirmed by creation scientists as being 100% accurate. If you're skeptical of the flat Earth, why don't you do these experiments so you can see truth with your own eyes.

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

Christian science, mother !@#$ers!

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I have been shown the error of my ways. Fox-fire is a dirty heathen that needs to be rolled.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

This site is a disturbing example of Poe's Law. It seems too crass to be sincere.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was serious or not at first, but I think it's sincere. Just reading the comments and the rest of the site, there seems to be a legit debate about it, and there really are people who still think the earth is flat.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Actually, it is a satirical website.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was serious or not at first, but I think it's sincere. Just reading the comments and the rest of the site, there seems to be a legit debate about it, and there really are people who still think the earth is flat.

My question is: if the Earth is flat, why don't we fall off the Earth when we try to go around the entire planet?

Well, your question assumes that the earth is round, because if it were flat there would be no such thing as going "around" the planet, only "over" it. I think the more important question would be "where is the edge?"

But really, people have gone up to space and looked down and taken thousands of pictures of the round earth, which we can look at. Even if a person thinks science is some huge conspiracy, it takes a special level of delusional narcissism for one to sincerely think they've caught on to some great secret coverup surrounding this.

• Upvote 2

hxvRjGK.jpg

Hey brainiacs, both the Flat Earth Society site and Landover Baptist are known satirical sites.

Flat Earth Society(s) is not a joke. They literally believe the Earth is flat.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

No, really. It is... And I shall prove it! :v

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

Christian science, mother !@#$!

stop being callow

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

While there *are* groups that do promote FE, FES is pure satire.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=106;t=000256;p=1

Did you even look at my link? The FES website cited in your article is not the real FES website (it doesn't even exist actually), nor is the FES a satirical joke. There have been entire modern psuedointilectual books written in defense of the idea.

There is also no longer an international FES organization, but there are a couple legit websites:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

http://www.tfes.org/

Also, from your own link:

The site you found is *not* the real Flat Earth Society. It's just a web site with some amusing tongue-in-cheek quips.

The International Flat Earth Research Society, founded by the late Charles Johnson, was a serious and very earnest effort to deny that the world was round.

Johnson's newsletter was bitter, poisonous, angry, sarcastic, and, frankly, quite stupid. Marjorie Johnson once took a trip to Australia, and came back with a notarized document in which she swore that she had not been "upside down." Johnston wrote screed after screed about the "Greek Grease-Ball Myth."

The "Society" was not a society at all. Members were not able to correspond with one another. If a member had a letter published in the newsletter, Johnson would withhold the name, signing the letter only as "A Man, Ohio," etc. There was no provision for conversation or discussion. The "Society" consisted of Johnson, at the top, and everyone else, who was expected to agree with him.

I was a member for two years. I'd joined in the hopes that it might be funny. It was not.

The thing that struck me as the saddest was the sheer and untiring denial of reality. In one newsletter, Johnson wrote of going out to the Salton Sea and setting up a telescope at one end. If the world were round, then the water would be "humped up" in the middle, and thus any view of buildings or vessels at the far end should appear cut off. ("Hull down" in naval parlance.) Johnson swore that he made this actual observation and did not observe that effect.

I don't know whether he was a poor observer or a poor liar, but I have made the same observation and seen exactly the expected "hull down" effect. The water *is* "humped up" in the middle, and Mr. Johnson, bless his memory, was a fruitcake.

The International Flat Earth Research Society, like many other groups extant today, is a metaphorical example of a child throwing a tantrum, with its fingers in its ears, shouting over and over, "It is not! It is not! It is not!"

I am not a Flat-Earther, but I do enjoy pretending to be one, now and then, for a bit of rhetorical leverage.

Silas ("In your heart, you know: it's flat.") Sparkhammer

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

the earth is flat, if it wasn't why don't people on the other side fall off? 

the idea that's it's round is just bourgeoisie nonsense, very silly.

Actually we're falling off, it's a hard life here =\

• Upvote 1

What's amusing is that the bible doesn't even claim the Earth is flat. Everyone in the ancient world pretty much knew it wasn't. Anyone who climbed to the top of a mountain could see the curvature of the Earth. Ancient Greek philosophers calculated it's approximate diameter. Even Isaiah describes the Earth as a circle suspended in the heavens (ie a globe). I'm not even sure where the flat earth myth came from.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

The Earth is a triangle!

I knew it! Logic is a lie!

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--