ESA Withdraws

Aksel

It was obvious that this will end in a hilarious fashion when you posted that MDAP announcement. You were all made to look pretty silly, but at least ESA had the balls to back up their words -- which is more than what can be said for some others. And trying to pass the buck of responsibility now, when you collectively agreed on something isn't good form, makes you look even worse imo. 

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

in the future you should get to know the people you're planning on signing with before you sign with them. especially in this world, where there is very little actually written down on paper. it doesn't even matter who did what or whatever... all of you look incompetent.

Edited by Hereno

in the future you should get to know the people you're planning on signing with before you sign with them. especially in this world, where there is very little actually written down on paper. it doesn't even matter who did what or whatever... all of you look incompetent.

"It takes one to know one!"

Seriously though, ESA comes out looking a bit better in my eyes. They wanted to back up the amendment that CC agreed to. No matter the wording of the amendment or who wrote it, the intention was clear. CC planned on claiming a sphere. It appears ESA was the only one willing to stand behind the words though.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I think that the way this was handled was as well as it could have been, at least on the ESA's part. It takes a strong will to just back out like this, but it was the right thing to do. Even though mistakes were made, it was clear that the best outcome would be for ESA to simply pull out of the Council. There are no true friends in diplomacy, and it's silly to stay artificially attached for no reason. There are surely no grudges held against the other alliances involved, but we just had different ideas and ambitions.

Also, the amendment that we posted was already agreed upon by all parties, we posted it because one of ESA's members had sent a threatening message to Cynic about attacking him and was about to blow our peace sky high. And Cynic was threatening to ZI the poor guy. So we posted it to keep one of our ally's members from getting his ass rolled and possibly provoking a full blown war.

As the ESA Interior Staff Commander I can personally say the matter regarding the threat from our member to attack another alliance was dealt with swiftly. The member was kicked from the Earth Systems Alliance ASAP as aggression is not our first resort and he had no authorization to send a threatening message. Even if we were going to send one it would be from our Admiral or Fleet Admiral and no one else unless ordered otherwise.

Due to this incident our members that are not a part of the command staff have been barred from communicating with any alliances we have issues with to prevent further incidences like that. We look to diplomacy first, not war. We use the pen before the sword, but we make sure our sword is ready if we ultimately need it.

Heck, if I sent that threatening message that our member sent I would've either lost my position or been kicked from the ESA! Maybe even both! That shows how low of a tolerance we have for such things like that, though we never had to enforce it until now.

Edited by Darknight

The only thing I'm concerned about now is the possible conflicts that could arise in the future. Obviously, ESA is much more willing to back up their protection of the color sphere than the remaining Council; however, this means that there's definitely a possibility of disagreements revolving around events in which the ESA wishes to use force on an Alliance/nation that is a threat, but the Council is in opposition. In this situation, it's a 2-1 for the ESA, not a good situation. I can't think of any way around this, just putting my thoughts out there.

You should've raised the color bonus before withdrawing from the "bloc".

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Yeah. We do have the advantage of actually having good command structure and intelligent leaders, not just some guy who wants to create a cool Alliance. So far I've been incredibly impressed by the level of professionalism and seriousness of this Alliance. I love it.

• Upvote 2

We do have the advantage of actually having good command structure and intelligent leaders, not just some guy who wants to create a cool Alliance. So far I've been incredibly impressed by the level of professionalism and seriousness of this Alliance. I love it.

I second this, I absolutely agree and think that as long as we continue to keep members like me have now and make sure we keep members like we have now around we will grow to be a great alliance.

• Upvote 1