2/9/2015 - General Improvements

Alex

• Administrators

I'm happy to roll out the first set of general improvements in some time! 

First, I've added a dossier to everyone's account. There's a link to it in the sidebar right about the logout link. You can keep notes and things there, and access them at any later point from any computer so long as you're logged in.

Second, I've made a small change in the sidebar. It now will display how long you've got until the next turn underneath where it says "Turns are every 2 hours."

Third, I've updated treasures. They now last 60 days, and respawn once every 60 days. They're set up so that 15 will respawn in 3 days, and the other 15 will respawn 30 days after that, and so forth. With the mass respawning all at once, that should make things a little more exciting.

Pretty small update, honestly, but it's something! :D

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

First, I've added a dossier to everyone's account. There's a link to it in the sidebar right about the logout link. You can keep notes and things there, and access them at any later point from any computer so long as you're logged in.

Second, I've made a small change in the sidebar. It now will display how long you've got until the next turn underneath where it says "Turns are every 2 hours."

Third, I've updated treasures. They now last 60 days, and respawn once every 60 days. They're set up so that 15 will respawn in 3 days, and the other 15 will respawn 30 days after that, and so forth. With the mass respawning all at once, that should make things a little more exciting.

could the turns and time be moved to the top left corner,it is kind of annoying at the bottom

Arrgh where be ye nation perks?

Also I'll be hosting a fundraising event in 3 days. Whose with me?

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

• Administrators

could the turns and time be moved to the top left corner,it is kind of annoying at the bottom

Interesting thought, it looks pretty out of place at the top to me. I'll leave it for a little while and see how much hate mail I get.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Is Dossier a private notes?

I like it since I don't have to find my handwritting notes everytime...(it is very useful to me)

and the clock is 2mins slower.(doesn't matter as long as it wasn't 1hrs late or earlier)

Edited by Arthur James

Interesting thought, it looks pretty out of place at the top to me. I'll leave it for a little while and see how much hate mail I get.

well it could be integrated a bit better but I just find it annoying to scroll all the way down for it.

Server Time 
February 9 09:53 pm	
Turns are every 2 hours 
Next turn in 0:7
Game Date 
March 31, 1989 Summer: Normal food production	
Days are every 2 hours

could be changed to :

Orbis Date 
February 9 09:53 pm : Next turn in 0:7	
March 31, 1989 Summer: Normal food production	

then just have question marks to click on for the people that miht not understand because they just joined the game

• Upvote 1

To be honest, why don't you do the important things on your to-do-list, instead of doing random Stuff out of the blue? Especially Stuff no one will use? :P Edited by Morgan Fraser

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

PDq3bas.png

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Agree that clock doesn't need to be at the top.also, there's more info provided than necessary, no one needs server date, just the time. And with the turn countdown you can scrap the whole 'turns are every 2 hours' since its obvious.

T7Vrilp.png

Are you considering having an alliance bonus to treasures? That would increase their value. Right now it's more expensive to war to win a treasure than what they're worth. They'll sit and remain untouched as before.

Edited by LadyHawke

Minor aesthetic quibble: when the minutes timer is less than 10 (e.g. 1 hour and 9 minutes remaining) I'd rather see 1:09 rather than 1:9.

Also I'm not sure if this is easily implementable or not, but you could make the client timer a javascript clock so that it automatically updates real-time :o

• Upvote 1

#6 in P&W Beta

• Jax locked this topic