War commentary.

Prefontaine

I've got to say, this fight has been a little dull on my side. The BoC members I've fought have put up little to no fight--with the exception of Fistofdoom, who hasn't stopped fighting even when the tides turned out of his favor. Much respect fistofdoom.

We'll see how things go when the second wave of fights start in a day or so.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

How can you watch other banks action?. If you are not a member of the alliance then you won't even have access to the transaction of that alliance bank.

You can see an individual's transactions, so it's pretty easy to see who is taking money out and to follow the trail. You're a fool if you're not watching the transactions of the various alliance leaders.

The side that is prepared and stockpiled more will win. First strikes are great and all, until you run out of bullets and gas.

That said, a surprising amount of people have zero clue how the war mechanics work. I'm tempted to sell TEsts services to teach people.

q8nfyvc.gif

What really did surprise me is the complete lack of resistance between me and those fighting. I was literally able to nearly completely destroy two to three nations, without even a single attack back at me. It shows that in this game preparedness can go a long way, especially when fighting an enemy with greater numbers. We've seen the near collapse of two of the biggest alliances in game, and the strength of those on the opposite side sky-rocket when it comes to politics or otherwise. It's really astounding in a since. I expected it to a be a long, bloody war, but it seems like it is only so on one side. 

-Big Boss

Persona Non Grata o7

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Biggest surprise for me is the lack of preparation, we know TC had to have known at least a week before the war started, maybe sooner than that. And still no preparation, while I was going through their nations and spying people here and there to check their warchests I was just absolutely dumbfounded by the lack of resources and military. I remember telling pub and a few others I felt like the whole thing was a trap because it seemed way too easy.

• Upvote 2

uHQTKq6.png

Biggest surprise for me is the lack of preparation, we know TC had to have known at least a week before the war started, maybe sooner than that. And still no preparation, while I was going through their nations and spying people here and there to check their warchests I was just absolutely dumbfounded by the lack of resources and military. I remember telling pub and a few others I felt like the whole thing was a trap because it seemed way too easy.

Perhaps they honestly did not expect nor want war?

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Biggest surprise for me is the lack of preparation, we know TC had to have known at least a week before the war started, maybe sooner than that.

We heard rumours about it a week before it kicked off. We only confirmed it a few days before.

We've made our position clear several times, and tried to mend relations with TAC/Rose. However let's not pretend that this war wasn't a pure powerplay on SK's and Guardian's part.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

We heard rumours about it a week before it kicked off. We only confirmed it a few days before.

We've made our position clear several times, and tried to mend relations with TAC/Rose. However let's not pretend that this war wasn't a pure powerplay on SK's and Guardian's part.

And there you go pretending it is. Trust me baby, if it was a power play every time you come begging for peace you'd get a solid no. If it was a power play, there'd be no discussions. If it was a power play there'd be no TC when we got through. Thankfully for you, this is no power play. This is Karma.

Rumors were flying 2 weeks before the war, DEIC got a member from SK who practically spelled it out for them in his application and I'm sure he told them more later. If they only found out a few days before then either they weren't paying attention or they got a big ego and thought it'd be TAC vs. TC round 2.

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png

Even if they found out 2 days before, DEIC still had less than 5 ships total when we went to war. That's appalling

Their defense against boats was hinging on their knowledge of planes being able to kill them even in failure.

scSqPGJ.gif

Rumors were flying 2 weeks before the war, DEIC got a member from SK who practically spelled it out for them in his application and I'm sure he told them more later. If they only found out a few days before then either they weren't paying attention or they got a big ego and thought it'd be TAC vs. TC round 2.

You guys are giving kyte way to much credit. When he came to us, it was a surprise, as people don't usually leave SK, and come to us. When we asked him why he left, he said that SK had told all their members to build up for a war coming soon, and that target lists had been drawn up, but that they had refused to tell the members who they were actually going to war with. He disliked not being told, and left to find an alliance with a less opaque command structure. Obviously, he ended up with us, but didn't leave just to "spill the beans," just to get out of an alliance which refused to tell him who they were going to war. He couldn't tell us everything because he hadn't been told anything. In the end, all we got from him was this:

SK was building up to attack an unknown alliance at some point in the future.

Obviously, we could draw some extra conclusions from what he said, and I don't know whether his story is entirely truthful, although it makes sense, but we didn't know which alliances would be attacking us or when the dow would be until it happened.

As for why we had so few ships, spies were killing them faster than many members could build, so many didn't bother if they would just be destroyed. In addition, even if we found out when the war was going to happen beforehand, there would've been no time to build up a meaningful navy when you guys already had hundereds of ships. As for the ships bug, we didn't know about it beforehand, we only found out when TEst starting making a big fuss. Sure a few people may have used it, but most people had no airforce anyway, and Sheepy patched it out of existence quickly. The idea that we knew about it before and were trying to rely on it is utterly ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Considering that any missiles (which I believe are harder to destroy) we built were dropping like flies, any ships weren't safe. Besides even if we knew when war would be declared and the top 5 each built 10 ships, they would've each gone against 3 people with equal or more ships. The ships would've been a waste of steel which would have only slowed down the inevitable.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

Considering that any missiles (which I believe are harder to destroy) we built were dropping like flies, any ships weren't safe. Besides even if we knew when war would be declared and the top 5 each built 10 ships, they would've each gone against 3 people with equal or more ships. The ships would've been a waste of steel which would have only slowed down the inevitable.

completely disagree. It'd have taken numerous naval attacks to take the ships down, meaning less missiles for you, definitely not a waste of steel IMO. Plus plenty more time to buy resources before getting blockaded.

T7Vrilp.png

Although TC didn't do so well on the upper and mid tiers, at least in Rose, they've mauled our lower tier nations.  I suppose money flows downwards, so its not ultimately too impactful, but the fight was apparently real there.

Edited by Ranoik

It's a god damn shame the position Kyte put himself in. You just don't discuss alliance business however harmless you think it is.

The importance of targets definitely flows downward. I think that has more to do with the flow of war aid than status or other superficial considerations.

completely disagree. It'd have taken numerous naval attacks to take the ships down, meaning less missiles for you, definitely not a waste of steel IMO. Plus plenty more time to buy resources before getting blockaded.

Even in pure naval combat, those ships would've died pretty fast against 3 opponents with fairly equal navies who attack all at the same time. Besides, no one really does naval combat, they target the ships when going in with planes. Remember, this was the time when even utter failures slaughtered ships. Our hypothetical top 5 member with 10 ships hastily built up would've had his 3 opponents send in their planes and although the air battles might've been inconclusive, the ships would've died nonetheless. That would've been 250 steel wasted for no gain. I will say that I did have ships before the war, and my first two opponents sent in their planes, killing my airforce and navy, while the third simply rolled unopposed and put me under a blockade. Unless we had been extensively building up ships and huge air forces to support them before the war, like you guys, any last-minute shipbuilding (if we knew when the war was starting) would've been a waste of steel.

Right let's clear something up, it was in no way 3v1, it was 3v3 or 3v2 at worst, just we were organised. Also, I don't know about the rest, but we barely built up our navys as we make sure to have a peace time standing navy. You just said you didn't know about the bug so don't try and use it as a reason you didn't build ships.

T7Vrilp.png

My point was that navies rarely meet, and that air forces almost always are the primary ship killers, the bug only made this worse by ensuring that ships could die in battles beside immense victories, though we didn't know it. As you guys were more organized, and even a 3v2 gave the advantage in airforces to you guys, any ships we had would've been slaughtered. This fact, which would've wasted a lot of steel, combined with the real spy threat, kept our ship numbers down.