Alliance limits

Donald Sterling

I am preparing for the flack right now, but here I go.  

There needs to be a cap on the amount of people in an alliance.  I personally believe it should be 50, but I know that others would hate that quite a bit.  I thought of proposing this back when I first joined, but didn't because I hadn't seen it from all perspectives, but now that I have seen it from the perspectives of a top alliance, middle alliance, and shit tier alliance I know that it would benefit the game immensely.  This would give benefits by getting rid of massive powers that dominate ever stage of the game.  It would encourage activity.  It would cause more politics and more war.  There would never be a UIN 2.0 or bloc party 2.0.  Also it would eliminate the snowball effect of the top alliances, most new players look to join a top 5 alliance therefore only making the top 5 alliances even more powerful than before giving them an even bigger advantage over everyone else.  The only negatives I could think of was it would make a couple top alliances a bit weaker, but is that really a negative.  Sorry UPN and Rose, but it's for the better. 

250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG

Genesis, best band NA

All it would do is create colonies. -1 bad idea.

What do colony's mean?

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Pretty much what Phiney said. 

Morgan, a colony is when an alliance breaks itself up into other alliances. So, if UPN had 150 members, they would just create UPN, UPN2, and UPN3. That's how other games with alliance caps get around that rule. 

Pretty much what Phiney said. 

Morgan, a colony is when an alliance breaks itself up into other alliances. So, if UPN had 150 members, they would just create UPN, UPN2, and UPN3. That's how other games with alliance caps get around that rule.

Indeed. Rose, Tulip, Violet...we could create a colony on every colour. \o/ Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Indeed. Rose, Tulip, Violet...we could create a colony on every colour. \o/

United Purple Nations, United Pink Nations, and United Brown Nations would like to have a word with you

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just wait until the the Agency decides to protect every other colour, too. ;)

Oh God. I can see the Horsemen of the apocalypse already and they're neutral.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Well, we would have an excuse to bring back Genius Corp, so I approve. Then I suppose we could go around giving all our other colonies long Dutch names, because everybody loves those.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Well, we would have an excuse to bring back Genius Corp, so I approve. Then I suppose we could go around giving all our other colonies long Dutch names, because everybody loves those.

Gross. Worst idea ever.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I like OP's idea all of a sudden

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Kinda off-topic, but has the admin/developer of P&W actually considered that this game could go in the same direction as Cybernations (are you allowed to mention that game here?) in that nations become irrelevant and alliances and then blocs of alliances dominate the game completely? Personally the reason I left (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) is because the RP aspect of controlling a nation became meaningless.

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Georgi are you suggesting that a behemoth alliance could all of a sudden just go inactive? I suppose it's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

What is to stop half of the alliances just joining into one huge mega alliance with half the games power. This would turn into just politics as no one would war...

In another game I was in an alliance that topped out at 800+ members.  The infighting and posturing that went on in that alliance broke it up and not any outside threat.  The logistics of running an effective alliance at that size almost forces splintering.  I don't think any rule is needed.