The Greater Armenian Pact

Velyni Vas

20 minutes ago, Krampus said:

3286F3E4-C1D3-44BB-999D-F2F6524E1DAD.thumb.jpeg.720aba591c5c68a1f9837dc07d749057.jpeg

Thou Turkish Devil!
Brother and companion to the accursed Devil, and Secretary to Lucifer himself, Greetings!
What the hell kind of noble knight art thou? Satan voids and thy army devours. Never wilt thou be fit to have the sons of Christ under thee. Thy army we fear not, and by land and by sea in our chaikas we will do battle against thee.
Thou scullion of Babylon, thou beer-brewer of Jerusalem, thou goat-thief of Alexandria, thou swineherd of Egypt (both the Greater and the Lesser), thou Armenian pig and Tartar goat. Thou hangman of Kamyanets, thou evildoer of Podolia, thou great silly oaf of all the world and of the netherworld and, before our God, a blockhead, a swine's snout, a mare's ass, and clown of Hades. May the devil take thee!

1920px-Ilja_Jefimowitsch_Repin_-_Reply_o

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Velyni Vas said:

Section 2: The signatories recognize that Erdogan perfectly manages the Greater Armenia economy through 200 IQ policies that will make Greater Armernia a super power in 2024.

Ermmmm?????

IDK how KT was fooled into this but this ain't it chief

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Can someone explain what’s the point of the treaty if it’s entirely optional?

It's elaborate window-dressing to distract from the fact that KT is actually paperless.

Congrats (We have an optional treaty with Knights Templar, not pointless. Gives us reason to fight if they're in the right and excuse for them to fight if they want. Not forced, but can give reason to fight. Fighting without reason is pointless.)

Eclipse does, so decision is above me. However I'm not oppossed to the treaty or it's activation if needed.

Edited by Anarchist Empire

5 minutes ago, Anarchist Empire said:

Congrats (We have an optional treaty with Knights Templar, not pointless. Gives us reason to fight if they're in the right and excuse for them to fight if they want. Not forced, but can give reason to fight. Fighting without reason is pointless.)

Paperless does that just fine.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Paperless does that just fine.

I think an excuse to enter a global is a good thing, bored on sidelines. So don't mind having some ties which could bring us in. (Last Global should Rose have been rolled maybe? If it was just Singularlity/KT, I would have been all for Eclipse fighting.)

I ended up not having a strong opinion, was never against the war or trying to push us in. If we entered, Singularity treaty obviously would have had us on Rose's side. Which wasn't in our interest probably. (ODP is also good reason not to pile in in a sitaiton like the Rose/Singularity War against, hitting Rose would have been very rude with a Singularity ODP. So also kind of makes less likely to paperless hit allies.) ODPs are annoying in you can't attack their applicants, so to many are bad. (Announced or not, I consider having the treaty line the same thing. So view these more as just having a connection, nexus.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anarchist Empire said:

If we entered, Singularity treaty obviously would have had us on Rose's side. Which wasn't in our interest probably. (ODP is also good reason not to pile in in a sitaiton like the Rose/Singularity War against, hitting Rose would have been very rude with a Singularity ODP. So also kind of makes less likely to paperless hit allies.)

I’m fully aware that you guys put your animosity of Rose above your treaties.

4 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Wasn't my choice at all. Just my personal perspective, there was reason for me not to argue the decision. I could see some logic in it. I have no animosity towards anyone. (I'm not aware of us being asked, I wasn't part of the decision. Had I been asked, I probably would have said let's fight. As far as I know we weren't asked.) All my low level chats with our ODP partner were friendly and they never brought up us entering. It wasn't my choice. My opinion was I'd rather have an excuse to enter.

I ended up raiding and got into a side fight with Arggh, lol. (I did instinctively want to help Singularity though.) That is the distinction between MDP and ODP, we violated no treaty. It was always understood it wouldn't always come into play no matter what when signed. Was signed before I joined with Cataclysm actually. (OOC I can see the point to a multi sphere world, rather than all the top alliances allying to try creating a super hegemony though.) If top 3 alliances all just conspire to hold the top 3 spots and never help each other stay that way; would be boring probably. TKR was hitting upward and wasn't an easy fight for them.

(Rose in their best interest to keep game interesting would be trying to keep the top spot, so anyone not allied is competition. TKR wasn't our enemy.) Both sides doing their part to try making things interesting and was better we didn't interfere in that case I guess. Let them both have a more even chance. (Way I see it maybe if Singularity doesn't need to be sphered with Rose, could come closer to us & make a seperate sphere. But not part of these decisions, just see the possiblibility there. An optional sphere between KT, Eclipse and Singularity Seperate.

7 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Keep in mind you're talking to Noctis. Also what's the point of our treaty if it's entirely optional anyways smh my head

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Buorhann said:

it was an optional treaty after all + worth noting we weren't interested in helping either side considering it wasn't so long both sides decided to dogpile us the war prior.

• Upvote 2

On 8/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, Vein said:

it was an optional treaty after all + worth noting we weren't interested in helping either side considering it wasn't so long both sides decided to dogpile us the war prior.

I know how that feels all too well, but sometimes you have to look at the overall geopolitical situation.

Not criticizing your decision here, but there’s more to making decisions beyond feelings.

9 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I know how that feels all too well, but sometimes you have to look at the overall geopolitical situation.

Not criticizing your decision here, but there’s more to making decisions beyond feelings.

So you think rather than staying out while the major alliances out there are throwing hands we should of instead gotten involved as well? I'm not sure if your comment about feelings applies here considering it was quite beneficial feelings aside lols. 

1. Help one of the 2 sides who dogpiled us last war while on top of that ruining our growth advantage.

2. stay out and have a growth advantage.

The answer is clear to me friend, quite logical wouldn't you say so? kek

Edited by Vein
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Vein said:

So you think rather than staying out while the major alliances out there are throwing hands we should of instead gotten involved as well? I'm not sure if your comment about feelings applies here considering it was quite beneficial feelings aside lols. 

1. Help one of the 2 sides who dogpiled us last war while on top of that ruining our growth advantage.

2. stay out and have a growth advantage.

The answer is clear to me friend, quite logical wouldn't you say so? kek

Do people really use the growth advantage as an excuse to this day?  The resource pool amongst all the major alliances is huge.  It's just a matter of actually using it instead of sitting on it, like most people do for some odd reason.

I won't try to make the decision for you, but I will explain the decision to you.

Setting aside your feelings about people dogpiling you (Again, I KNOW THAT ALL TOO WELL in my history), you establish better relations with one side or the other.  Not only that, you act as a balancing act.  I think using the whole dogpile excuse is poor.  All you're going to do is continue to alienate yourself from the geopolitical scene with that mentality, which will eventually either lead you to become irrelevant (Because you refuse to work with anyone who participated in rolling Eclipse) or become a punching bag in the future once more by another dogpile when you "grow" too much.

To answer your initial question though, yeah, I would've gotten involved once Aurora, CTO, and Syndicate joined in.  Either to obliterate Florida quickly and have people move on from it or to counter ODOO's spiked growth of assistance.  One side or the other would benefit Eclipse in the future.  At least on paper smart alliances would do the whole "scratch my back, I scratch yours", but certain alliances out there like to betray their ties.

So no, it's not quite logical.  Is it understandable with the way you handled it?  Sure.  Can't fault you for feeling that way about the alliances who dogpiled Eclipse, but consider Eclipse's success in rolling multiple alliances - you had to expect that coming.  Take it as a compliment.  However, the whole decision process about all of this is more complex.  Especially when looking to future deals and moves.

• Downvote 2