Inactive Alliances Squatting on Colors

Mikhail Gorbachev

As a member of an alliance on the white sphere, I'm not very used to having a bunch of different nations on my color. But with the rise of BoC, more and more alliances and countries have come to White. Some of these alliances are inactive (and clearly inactive), and they're devaluing the white color stock with their inactivity. Is there any way that groups can be booted off of a color if it's clear they're squatting there or if none of the members are actually on the color?

you say that but there our lots of alliance forcing other alliance off colors especially BLUE alliances

• Upvote 1

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

As a member of an alliance on the white sphere, I'm not very used to having a bunch of different nations on my color. But with the rise of BoC, more and more alliances and countries have come to White. Some of these alliances are inactive (and clearly inactive), and they're devaluing the white color stock with their inactivity. Is there any way that groups can be booted off of a color if it's clear they're squatting there or if none of the members are actually on the color?

The thing is anybody should have the right to have a color of their choice

• Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

you say that but there our lots of alliance forcing other alliance off colors especially BLUE alliances

I take heart to this. Nobody on blue is being forced off, simply encouraged to enjoy the benefits of other colors with higher colorstock. I would wager that you would be hard pressed to find any sort of proof that anyone has been forced.

• Upvote 3

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

First off all inactive nations should be deleted after a 30 day period or so. This would solve the issue. 

This. As inactive nations get deleted, those alliances' score will dip lower below 300, therefore removing them from the color stock formula.

Also, lol at iljohn. How is telling them there's a better money elsewhere is 'kicking them'? It's something that benefits all parties involved

UedhRvY.png

I take heart to this. Nobody on blue is being forced off, simply encouraged to enjoy the benefits of other colors with higher colorstock. I would wager that you would be hard pressed to find any sort of proof that anyone has been forced.

Here's your proof.

Bully1_zps33d096ba.png

First off all inactive nations should be deleted after a 30 day period or so. This would solve the issue.

That's already the case - http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3012-10132014-inactivity-deletion/

Exactly. We ask them to move to a different colour, for their benefit. If they wish to stick around, that's their choice. Nobody, that I know of, is attacking these alliances for not moving colours (and if someone is, then shame on them).

If you're upset with alliances bringing down your colour stock, try to have them move through diplomacy. If that doesn't work, maybe consider moving yourself, if you really care that much.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

You could attack them. Win and you send them to beige. If they are truly inactive, shouldn't be a problem.

This solves the wrong problem. Sending a nation to beige does nothing to that nation's alliance color.
  • Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Careful not to say this out loud.. opps too late  :lol:

tNyPRz9.png

- Anarkhist leader of the Svøbødnäyä TÄ™rritøriyä Groznyj Grad

This is still unacceptable and an attempt to force off an alliance of a color sphere.

You may want to reevaluate what it means to force someone towards a change. There are no threats or demands in that message - simply a request, an explanation, a suggestion.

If you really care so much, why block out the name? Let us see who sent it so they can personally explain their intentions.

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

This solves the wrong problem. Sending a nation to beige does nothing to that nation's alliance color.

True, but to be honest, I've gotten lost along the way concerning exactly how the alliance color stock bonuses work now.  I was thinking less members in an alliance meant higher bonus for others.  Is it solely based on the number of alliances, or does member count in an alliance have anything to do with it?

c3Ct0v4.png

This is still unacceptable and an attempt to force off an alliance of a color sphere.

How the F is asking someone politly to do something unacceptable or an attempt to force someone? Was there an ultimatum in that message...."Move off Blue or else...." I don't think so. Don't go pissing down my back and tell its raining. Don't you get caught asking anything from anybody because that would be just plain unacceptable.

X4EfkAB.png

Here's your proof.

Bully1_zps33d096ba.png

As I said, you'd be hard pressed to see any forcing of anything. Asking someone to leave a color sphere for the betterment of both alliances is not in any subjective way force.

Let's be realistic here. Trying to force someone off a color would entail many more actions than this. The first and foremost that people would consider force is brute military strength. You and I both know that Guardian is too big to do anything of the sort to any of the small blue alliances.

Would you like to try again Morgan? Or will you simply acknowledge that you're wrong here and let sleeping giants lie.

• Upvote 1

It was an attempt for force an alliance off a colorsphere. That's what I'll leave it at. Have a good one.

But how? You might as well admit defeat in an argument than just keep reasserting a baseless position without any will to be convinced otherwise through reasonable, logical rebuttals. It's a lot more respectable. Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

Sounds like someone wants to claim a color sphere. Didn't an alliance get blow up for something like that once? Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

643.jpg

I'm certain there are plenty of skulls that remember that particular event, and would tell such a tale if but asked.

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

But how? You might as well admit defeat in an argument than just keep reasserting a baseless position without any will to be convinced otherwise through reasonable, logical rebuttals. It's a lot more respectable.

You may call it what you like. A respectful request, an attempt to force, or whatever you'd like it's all the same thing. Attempting to ask or force an alliance into another sphere is the whole argument here. Let's make this a discussion about what's going on and not about terminology. 

No, being painted as someone attempting to force someone has a negative connotation to it. Attempting to better the position of both alliances involved has a very nice diplomatic ring to it. It's not the first time messages have been sent, and I've even offered to calculate colorstock bonuses for people.

Edit:

And to clarify, my whole position on the colorstock is that people should get used to low percentages. The way the formula currently is, eventually all colorstocks will end up around 1-2% and be pretty much useless. Until that time comes though, why not attempt diplomatic resolutions that benefit all parties involved which is the only thing you've presented.

Edited by Micheal Malone

You may call it what you like. A respectful request, an attempt to force, or whatever you'd like it's all the same thing. Attempting to ask or force an alliance into another sphere is the whole argument here. Let's make this a discussion about what's going on and not about terminology.

There's one hell of a difference between a respectful request and an attempt to force. O_o

We only have to argue about terminology because you're either horribly incorrect and you don't realize it, or you're showing a pathetic attempt at spinning the !@#$ out of this situation.

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1