Let's Talk Browsers

SAI-40

They have more than just Chrome?

Edit: No really, what is this?

Browser of my dreams, check it out!

EDIT: Before Ultron I used Firefox since Google didn't opt me out of their ad things when I told them I didn't want to. Seriously, I browsed some Minecraft stuff and I see some ad to pirate Minecraft (what)

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

What is different about it? I am trying to figure out how it is not just Chrome, but I can't find much info.

Edit: I think I am just not getting a joke here.

Super Edit: Definitely a joke.

Download RAM!

You can now download more RAM using Ultron!

Edited by The Captain Nao
  • Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

What is different about it? I am trying to figure out how it is not just Chrome, but I can't find much info.

Nao plis, it also said that it's zero gravity, you can bypass filters or whatever they are called, and the download link leads to Chrome. And ofc other things.

It's not a joke, it's used by NASA!

Google Ultron, Powered by Adobe Reader

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

chrome: good at translation, fast to web browsing, use a lot of memory bcos each web-brower runs individually, bad safety defence  causing you unable to browse anything but FireFox can

Firefox: safe web browsing, less memory usage, relatively booting, 

so I used both of them but chrome is the 1st choice......windows ie is the last option even though it has improved alot.

I run Chromium (open source version of chrome) as I use Linux as my primary operating system.

I have Midori and Fire Fox as backup and sometimes, if I want to, I will go for Konqueror which is KDE's browser.

And, if I am really in a bind than Lynx or w3m, though I have had some trouble getting w3m to play nice with javascript. Though, Lynx just doesn't support it.

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

I run Chromium (open source version of chrome) as I use Linux as my primary operating system.

I have Midori and Fire Fox as backup and sometimes, if I want to, I will go for Konqueror which is KDE's browser.

And, if I am really in a bind than Lynx or w3m, though I have had some trouble getting w3m to play nice with javascript. Though, Lynx just doesn't support it.

I recently switched over to linux on my main machine and noticed that chromium appears to rip in relation to chrome. If it weren't for stupid flash things I'd stick with it all the time.

I stopped using FF about 7 years ago because of the bloat.

• Upvote 1

I recently switched over to linux on my main machine and noticed that chromium appears to rip in relation to chrome. If it weren't for stupid flash things I'd stick with it all the time.

I stopped using FF about 7 years ago because of the bloat.

You can actually use Pepperflash instead of your distributions flash.

I run Arch Linux, and I was able to build PepperFlash from source and use it in place of the flash package that was in my distro's main repositories. 

It works like a charm :D .

Edited by Jroc

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

I use Firefox because I trust it the most Google has a HORRIBLE reputation with privacy.  Internet explorer was given a bad reputation by the United States government not sure if they still say not to use it.  But I never use it because of that.

You can actually use Pepperflash instead of your distributions flash.

I run Arch Linux, and I was able to build PepperFlash from source and use it in place of the flash package that was in my distro's main repositories. 

It works like a charm :D .

I had it all working well in chrome/chromium except amazonVoD ....that is driving me nuts.

Edited by ELPINCHAZO

I was split between IE, Firefox, and Chrome. No reason.

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

• 2 weeks later...

Safari.

Yes, I went there ಠ_ಠ 

Now, why would I use Safari over Chrome? A few reasons:

• The "Reader" function that parses the text of a page into a separate layer so I don't have to look at inane ads/pictures/anything. Helpful for those sites that gunk up their pages with crap.
  • Click-to-Plugin: Disables Flash by default, and forces sites like Youtube to give me an mp4 video. No ads! Plus, I'm able to right-click and download any video I want. 
  • Bookmarklets. They're little bookmarks that connects to a third-party application. So I have a bookmarklet for Instapaper, pinboard.in, Mendeley, Papers, and Evernote. Given that I use Safari on my iPad, Mac, and iPhone, I can just save whatever I want without dealing with any extraneous Extensions. Saves me a few seconds here and there, and I find it more convenient to any solution on Chromes end. That, and Chrome doesn't support bookmarklets.
  • Better integration with 1Password than Chrome or Firefox, especially on iOS.
  • Better typography. For whatever reason, Google is too cheap to use fonts like Helvetica. I notice that Chrome on my desktop Windows machine has shitty typography compared to IE and Firefox. It's my default there, but I just can't tolerate it on my Mac. I mean, Roboto? lolk

I think that's it. If I had to choose something apart from Safari, it'll be Chrome. But as long as I'm tethered to the Apple ecosystem, I'm going to stick to the warm bosom of Safari ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png