The Ghost of Christmas Past - Commentary on GW16

Phoenyx

So, Global War 16 is over, but the reasons that brought it about are far from settled. Quack continues to insist that they were going to be attacked and most of the rest of the game insists that no, that wasn't going to happen, there were plans to counter Quack should they attack another sphere, but that was all. This is a theme that was brought up to some extent in the Benfro's peace treaty thread:

The thread has since died down, but I think it's worth bringing that one point up. Time and again, many on the non Quack side have said that there was no plan to attack Quack first. I have said look, you want to settle what really happened, go to the information sources- Boyce, who made the prediction that tCW, HM and Swamp would attack Quack in December or January and Ronny's HM leader making his ambiguous statement about Swamp wanting to "counter Quack's growth", which led to Ronny interpreting it to mean that Swamp wanted to hit Quack first. Instead, as I think often happens when someone tells 1 or more people a truth that they really don't want to hear, they've attacked me in the forums and also in game (to this day- a peace treaty can't really hold back people who -really- want to attack, they'll just leave their Alliances temporarily). This is certainly something they can do. However, this way of dealing with things is kind of like an ostrich with its head in the sand. Just because Quack refuses to acknowledge the problems in its theories doesn't mean those problems will go away.

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Downvote 30

4 minutes ago, Malleator said:

How many of these threads are we going to have? We still going to be talking about GW16 when GW17 rolls around?

Welcome to the cold war. Phoenyx is gonna PSYOP us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Quack continues to insist that they were going to be attacked and most of the rest of the game insists that no, that wasn't going to happen, there were plans to counter Quack should they attack another sphere, but that was all.

actually nobody gives a toodle anymore except for you :) 

they've attacked me in the forums and also in game (to this day- a peace treaty can't really hold back people who -really- want to attack, they'll just leave their Alliances temporarily).

No blatant lying please.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=242299&display=war

Edited by legoboyvdlp
providing clarification of what I am responding to in the quote by underlining
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, legoboyvdlp said:

No blatant lying please.

Not lying. Scarfalot, who everyone knows is Syndicate, made his own 1 man Alliance, apparently just to attack me. He conducted a bunch of spy operations, looks like was getting ready to attack, so I decided to just attack him first. Now Isjaki's countered, so yeah, I think it'll be over pretty soon.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Phoenyx said:

Not lying. Scarfalot, who everyone knows is Syndicate, made his own 1 man Alliance, apparently just to attack me. He conducted a bunch of spy operations, looks like was getting ready to attack, so I decided to just attack him first. Now Isjaki's countered, so yeah, I think it'll be over pretty soon.

I would hope your government would take some action against you for your NAP-breaking actions. 

3 minutes ago, legoboyvdlp said:

I would hope your government would take some action against you for your NAP-breaking actions. 

Sigh, please keep up. First, Scarf left his Syndicate Alliance precisely so he could attack me. Second, he attacked me first with spy ops...

12/18 07:47 pm Sir Scarfalot of Empyrea has executed an espionage operation to sabotage tanks in your country. They were not successful.
12/18 07:47 pm Sir Scarfalot of Empyrea has executed an espionage operation to sabotage tanks in your country. They were not successful.
12/17 07:23 pm Sir Scarfalot of Empyrea has executed an espionage operation to sabotage tanks in your country. They were not successful.
12/17 07:23 pm An unknown nation has executed an espionage operation against your country. They were not successful.
12/17 06:37 pm Sir Scarfalot of Empyrea has executed an espionage operation to gather intelligence about your country. They were successful in gathering intelligence about your nation.
12/17 06:37 pm An unknown nation has executed an espionage operation against your country. They successfully detonated an explosive in a factory in your nation. 125 of your tanks were destroyed.
12/16 11:05 am Sir Scarfalot of Empyrea has executed an espionage operation to assassinate spies in your country. They successfully assassinated spies in your nation. 1 of your spies were killed.

21 minutes ago, legoboyvdlp said:

actually nobody gives a toodle anymore except for you :) 

Oh no, some really do care. Enough to ghost to attack me. 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, WarriorSoul said:

Ah shit yeah, your previous 15 threads hadn't convinced me, but yeah this is the one.

I admit that's a bit funny :-p. However,  you're not the only one in the audience. Some may just be starting out and only have a vague idea as to why this global war started, or the significance of the opposing narratives on its origin.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If you cant remove my name from your mouth, can you atleast spell my name correctly?

Sorry Ronny :-p. I've edited my OP now. 

14 minutes ago, Kastor said:

I don't even read your posts, I just downvote it.

A shame. If you actually read my posts, you might learn something. Especially considering you claim to want to fight for justice... 

Edited by Phoenyx
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 9

2 minutes ago, PhantomThiefB said:

What I've learned is Phoenyx gets especially loud right after he's been attacked. It's an ongoing trend, and apparently works weather he's the aggressor or defender. Guess I did learn something.

Other than the first 2 wars I got into on behalf of my first Alliance as part of the Global War, I've never actually attacked first. Aggressive spy ops do count as a first strike even if they are not an official declaration of war. 

1 minute ago, Golden Pope said:

You caught wind of a plot to attack you so you decided to start the war on your terms? 

Where have I heard this story before?

Lol :-p. A good catch, but it's only due to my lack of forethought in what I said. He had actually attacked me first with aggressive spy ops. The only thing I did is made the war between us official. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Golden Pope said:

Phoenyx I'm having a hard time believing your story because Sir Scarfalot adamantly denies any plans of attacking you. Those spy ops were just paperless defensive agreements. 

I believe him because based on his conversations with me he seems very trustworthy. He clearly has no possible ulterior motive nor does he have anything to gain by lying to me.

Edit* to make it more obvious

That made me laugh :-). However, I think in the end it's just one more example of the difference between Quack and the forces that went against Quack in GW16. Scarf attacked me simply because of things that I've said. All I did was counter his attacks.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Quack continues to insist that they were going to be attacked and most of the rest of the game insists 

Insist...inst,he exposed himself twice in 1 paragraph!

On a side note, phoenyx the old post died off because ppl stopped caring. Go back to being irrelevant.

Or go make a thread regarding the panth war.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, dtc justice said:

On a side note, phoenyx the old post died off because ppl stopped caring.

15 downvotes to this thread suggests that people still care, in the sense that many don't want to hear what I'm trying to convey. 

• Upvote 1

Many don't want to hear you not because of you ex🅱️osing the illuminati, or something, many people don't want to hear you the same way I wouldn't want to hear a child crying next to me on a long plane journey.

It's irritating.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1