The Best Way to Make Money

Alex

I find that commerce is best for me currently. I'm not active enough to trade effectively and a few people have too many resources to sell, I can't make a good profit out of buying and selling. From the nation score I managed to reach, everyone within war range are all in alliances or have a very powerful military. There were a few times when there would be a nation without an alliance and weak military but they're often not worth attacking as I gain nothing after winning the war.

105px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Polish_Crown.s

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!

Looking at different nations, I think raiding brings in the most money. I've seen nations only 2-3 days old bring in $500,000+ just from continually declaring wars, looting the victims, and repeating.

Worked wonders for me, though returns diminish rapidly as you deplete the easy targets.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

Looking at different nations, I think raiding brings in the most money. I've seen nations only 2-3 days old bring in $500,000+ just from continually declaring wars, looting the victims, and repeating.

Beige protection is important for new nations though, most raiders have low nation score and will attack anyone, regardless of alliance.

105px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Polish_Crown.s

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!

Best way to make money is wait for major war to happen. Sell the resources at sky high crazy price

Commerce in terms of buying up all the cheap resources you can find, then resell it at a sky high crazy price during war time, i think it still work now.

Edited by vincentsum8

(Relatively new) How often do major wars even happen?

This is only the second time in P&W history that more than two alliances fought each other. First was World War Alpha, right before the reset. (That BLOC Party incident right before WWA doesn't count as a war)

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I have a theory on this that I'm putting into practice. I won't talk about it unless it works though, lol. So I'll report back. Maybe.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

• 2 weeks later...

I think selling resources during a major war is the best way to make money.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Would it be best to stockpile resources to sell in bulk or sell every little bit you make at just above market value?

The faster you get the money, the quicker you can invest it into your nation

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Would it be best to stockpile resources to sell in bulk or sell every little bit you make at just above market value?

NOOOO when people sell in massive bulk, while you may get a lot of money, in the long run it brings prices down since there is a lot of supply and for anyone to compete with you they have to massively undercut you.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

NOOOO when people sell in massive bulk, while you may get a lot of money, in the long run it brings prices down since there is a lot of supply and for anyone to compete with you they have to massively undercut you.

I don't see why anyone ever has to undercut a given price by more than $1. If, though, the bulk-seller is the one undercutting massively, that would mess things up for everyone else.

hxvRjGK.jpg

I don't see why anyone ever has to undercut a given price by more than $1. If, though, the bulk-seller is the one undercutting massively, that would mess things up for everyone else.

Which is actually a fair way to make money. If I produce aluminum without bauxite mines and I destroy bauxite prices, I can buy bauxite later for much less than the normal amount and profit greatly (even though this would most likely end up lowering aluminum prices).

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

• 7 years later...

I do a combination of commerce and resources. If you do one city full commerce and the rest a mix of resources + commerce, you should be good (it's what I do, anyway). I would only do war under 350 score and never do baseball.