Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

8 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

I have to agree, but I'd like to use an analogy to better represent your argument.

In the real world, if you commit any form of hate crime, you are most times given jail time or a large fine; you are a criminal, prisoner, etc. Prisoner's don't have nor deserve their rights, so the expectation to keep anonymity when you violated the a "law" of the game is nonsense. You can not commit a crime and then expect to keep your rights, don't break the ToS and expect to invoke your right to anonymity. I believe Queen did deserve to be given that information, however what she did with it was extremely disagreeable and should probably be punished in all honesty; it should have only been used for the purpose of removing all contact to Thalmor, not as a cb against an entire alliance as well as a means to publicly defame him.

It wasn't used as a CB. They werea lready at war with KT when it happened. Shifty defamed him by putting it on the OWF. He's a terrible friend. No one would have known what 1488 meant or that Thalmor did it had shifty not made it everyone's buisness on the OWF

• Downvote 3

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

11 minutes ago, James II said:

It wasn't used as a CB. They werea lready at war with KT when it happened. Shifty defamed him by putting it on the OWF. He's a terrible friend. No one would have known what 1488 meant or that Thalmor did it had shifty not made it everyone's buisness on the OWF

This is completely false.

Are people completely being obtuse with the logs provided or something?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

This is completely false.

Are people completely being obtuse with the logs provided or something?

Shifty put it on the OWF. He's the reason Thalmor's name is everywhere now. Would have never made it this far had he not done that.

As for the war, we both know it wasn't over this incident. Don't pretend it was.

Just now, James II said:

Shifty put it on the OWF. He's the reason Thalmor's name is everywhere now. Would have never made it this far had he not done that.

As for the war, we both know it wasn't over this incident. Don't pretend it was.

Uh, please go back and read the logs.  She literally admits to it to Theo.

Just now, Buorhann said:

Uh, please go back and read the logs.  She literally admits to it to Theo.

I promise you TKR did not declare on y'all over this incident.

Quit trying to justify what Thalmor did
Quit trying to project blame on someone else for your own actions.

Not hard to do.

I didn’t say it was the full reason.  I claimed they knew about it beforehand and attempted to enforce her demands related to it.

I like how you approve of her manipulating/lying to the Admin to get that information, in order to use it for her own personal gain though, @James II.

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I didn’t say it was the full reason.  I claimed they knew about it beforehand and attempted to enforce her demands related to it.

I like how you approve of her manipulating/lying to the Admin to get that information, in order to use it for her own personal gain though, @James II.

You're not doing Thalmor any good by trying to pretend he was wronged in any capacity for this. He violated ToS and @Alex was well with in his rights to reveal who it was. Thalmor is lucky he didn't post it on the OWF like shifty did. He should of. You don't get to be protected by game mechanics when you violate the spirit of them. The mechanic was never designed for OOC attacks, and OOC attacks in the mechanic are not and should not be protected by it.

Edited by James II
  • Downvote 1

Can you point out in this TOS where it states the anonymity is removed once someone violates the rules?

Pretty sure this game is based on Admin punishment and not Mob Rule.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Buorhann said:

Can you point out in this TOS where it states the anonymity is removed once someone violates the rules?

You have no rights, it’s Alex’s game, he can do whatever he pleases.

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

1 minute ago, Agent W said:

And yet Sheepy made that huge post.  Did you glance over it?

(That’s also terrible business etiquette with what you’re claiming)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Pretty sure this game is based on Admin punishment and not Mob Rule.

He violated the ToS, which means Alex is no longer bound to them, or any game mechanic between him and Thalmor. That's how ToS work....You don't get the service if you violate the ToS. 

Just now, Agent W said:

This too

• Downvote 4

Just now, Buorhann said:

I honestly don’t care. You’ve played these games long enough to know the deal. If this was CN, the lot of you would already be banned.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

(That’s also terrible business etiquette)

Then leave the game if you don't like the service.

Just now, Agent W said:

I honestly don’t care. You’ve played these games long enough to know the deal. If this was CN, the lot of you would already be banned.

This game is suppose to be better than CN, the last thing we need is a shady admin like CN.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

Just now, Clarke said:

This game is suppose to be better than CN, the last thing we need is a shady admin like CN.

That game was filled with better men than had ever inhabited this planet. The people who have found success in this world were mostly rejects and people who couldn’t hack it.

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Agent W said:

>I don’t care

>I’m still arguing it

>?????

2 minutes ago, James II said:

Then leave the game if you don't like the service.

>I can’t find the rule that backs up my claim

>”Just leave if you don’t like MY sense of justice and game handling”

>?????

Just now, Agent W said:

That game was filled with better men than had ever inhabited this planet. The people who have found success in this world were mostly rejects and people who couldn’t hack it.

You do realize a lot of the players you criticize are old nations, right?

>I don’t care

>I’m still arguing it

>?????

>?????

Way to ignore my previous post. Git gud

Just now, Buorhann said:

>I don’t care

>I’m still arguing it

>?????

>?????

I stand diametrically opposed to your viewpoints as espoused in this thread. The more you cry and whine, the support for your position dwindles. Sunlight is the best medicine for your brand of idiocy.

Your previous post didn’t show anything but your opinion on how you would handle it, @James II.  Sheepy already punished him according to how he saw fit.

You two argue that it’s his game and he can do what he wants, but he did do that, and he also realized a player lied to him to get information he normally wouldn’t give out.

Are you two absolutely stupid or something?

15 hours ago, Smith said:

To add onto what Thrax said @Kastor you seem to have a misunderstanding about what people don't like about you, or you think that if others get dragged down into the mud with you that it will improve your image. 

You made a big show in a discussion with Lairah recently about not using name calling etc. Yet, the other day you randomly started posting a meme implying I am a pedophile in seemingly ever discord channel you are in. This is after a huge amount of controversy regarding OOC attacks exactly like that and was completely out of the blue. I think we last spoke a few months ago?

You can try to bait me, but I’m not going to discuss this on the forums. If you wish to discuss it feel free to DM me on discord or @ me anywhere on discord. But I’m not going to hold my breath.

Edited by Kastor

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

26 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Your previous post didn’t show anything but your opinion on how you would handle it, @James II.  Sheepy already punished him according to how he saw fit.

You two argue that it’s his game and he can do what he wants, but he did do that, and he also realized a player lied to him to get information he normally wouldn’t give out.

Are you two absolutely stupid or something?

You treatied yourself with nazis. You're not stupid enough to not have known that beforehand. You're also not stupid enough to not know that nazi shit isn't allowed in game. You're also not stupid enough to think the idiot nazis you signed with were really capable of keeping it from leaking into the game. Your only position here is that when aforementioned nazi shit did leak into the game, against the rules, Alex fricked you by outing the guy who did it. I'm not sure why you're more upset about that than about your ally saying "Heil Hitler" as he put a bounty on a black woman, but your priorities seem really off on this one. 

Edited by kosmokenny
  • Downvote 6

I’m not sure I get what Agent W and James are even saying. Sheepy already admitted he was wrong and completely changed his way of thinking and rules in regard to handling the entire situation. What exactly are you guys arguing about? 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Agent W said:

Come on, dude.

I'm gonna try and settle this in good faith.

1. We are not defending Thalmor's actions.

2. We are not claiming Thalmor is a victim. We do not have a problem with him being punished in whatever way Alex sees fit.

3. We do have a problem with Thalmor's actions being used as justification for IG actions/demands.

That's literally it. Sure, we can argue about the extent to which 3 is true, but we have the admin of the game admitting that his mistake led to IG consequences.

If you want to come at me and call me a Nazi you must be out of your goddamn mind and I don't think I'm entirely in the wrong for thinking much of the game would agree with me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Kastor said:

You can try to bait me, but I’m not going to discuss this on the forums. I stand by what I said/implied and if you wish to discuss it feel free to DM me on discord or @ me anywhere on discord. But I’m not going to hold my breath.

How am I baiting you? You started OOC harassing me for no reason and I'm calling you out for it because you're playing the victim card. 

C0r3Fye.png

1 minute ago, Smith said:

How am I baiting you? You started OOC harassing me for no reason and I'm calling you out for it because you're playing the victim card. 

My DMs are wide open and it’ll be the last time I speak to you about this on the forums.