Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

i have not now or ever implied you were a nazi @Hodor. But you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

@Buorhann, I’m certainly not wrong when I claim that the people who went to this game are rejects. Abbas, Partisan, Chauncey, Thrax, Keegoz, Lordship, Strum, Yoso, Clarke, and a whole host of others were not of a high enough calibre to lead a successful alliance in CN. TKR and NPO have been the only two alliances in this game who have had the type of leadership that could find success against real challenges.

Edited by Agent W
  • Downvote 7

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

3 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

You treatied yourself with nazis. You're not stupid enough to not have known that beforehand. You're also not stupid enough to not know that nazi shit isn't allowed in game. You're also not stupid enough to think the idiot nazis you signed with were really capable of keeping it from leaking into the game. Your only position here is that when aforementioned nazi shit did leak into the game, against the rules, Alex fricked you by outing the guy who did it. I'm not sure why you're more upset about that than about your ally saying "Heil Hitler" as he put a bounty on a black woman, but your priorities seem really off on this one. 

2 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

In good faith, I'm not calling GH nazis. KT has been goose stepping all over the place since their inception though, so why you decided to ally with them, I don't know. I don't see anything wrong with you getting attacked for it either, because you're tied to nazis and the nazis gotta be hit. I'd love to hear why GH thought it was a good idea to ally with nazis, and stay as such to this day, but don't try and pretend you didn't know, or it's obviously not a good faith discussion. 

Yeah, and shifty isn't a nazi because he's not white. Nazism isn't a Christian value, but it is a KT value, and there's plenty of discord logs floating around since it started to corroborate that. 

2 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

You must be missing one. My computer with the logs on it had an unfortunate incident involving mountain dew last year, so I don't have em anymore, but I'm sure others can if you would like to see them. 

Firstly I don't care for nor support Nazi's or anything similar, before you start running your mouth about me.

Secondly you're tarnishing the entire alliance with the same brush as the one you use to tarnish Thalmor. Thalmor deserves everything that comes his way and that has come this way. However that doesn't mean that the entire alliance of KT is a bunch of Nazi nut jobs. Like unless you have concrete evidence proving otherwise, at which point take it to the moderation team. I won't be tarnishing the entire alliance of KT as a Nazi grouping, and nor should anyone else. A lot of them are very likely innocent in all of this and shouldn't have their reputations ruined because of one person.

Thirdly Thalmor while his identity was revealed by Alex. He has since made a post stating that he made a mistake by trusting the player he told. You're entitled to your own thoughts on the matter but that's an issue with you and Alex take it up with him. 

Finally I echo what I said at the start incase you happen to not notice it. I don't support Nazi's I don't care for them and they have absolutely zero place here. It's also my honest opinion that this thread has actually gone on for far too long and that it needs to calm down. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

1 minute ago, Alexio15 said:

Secondly you're tarnishing the entire alliance with the same brush as the one you use to tarnish Thalmor. Thalmor deserves everything that comes his way and that has come this way. However that doesn't mean that the entire alliance of KT is a bunch of Nazi nut jobs. Like unless you have concrete evidence proving otherwise, at which point take it to the moderation team. I won't be tarnishing the entire alliance of KT as a Nazi grouping, and nor should anyone else. A lot of them are very likely innocent in all of this and shouldn't have their reputations ruined because of one person.

Mxl6.gif

xxHFhxf.jpg

Third time's a charm, Thalbuddy.

2 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

I'd like to see some sort of punishment for people who systematically call an entire alliance (KT) Nazis. Not holding my breath because it's apparent some people / groupings enjoy special treatment around these parts. 

I've been suspended multiple times for calling out nazi frickery, more times than Alex has done anything to the plague running rampant in his game. So yes, there is special treatment going around these parts. 

1 minute ago, kosmokenny said:

I've been suspended multiple times for calling out nazi frickery, more times than Alex has done anything to the plague running rampant in his game. So yes, there is special treatment going around these parts. 

Indeed, the fact that you're still allowed to post proves my point.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Indeed, the fact that you're still allowed to post proves my point.

Come off it INH. Having shared alliances with you, I know you’re better than this. 

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

Yes, calling out nazis for nazi shit is a bajillionty times more offensive than the nazis doing nazi shit. You can't reasonably claim thalmor didn't pull nazi shit by giving a nazi salute in his bounty. You'd be an utter idiot to think he did that entirely of his own volition, didn't tell anyone about it, and the only person who caught it was queen m. They've got their nazi discord channels they have been much more intent on keeping private since it became clear I was getting leaks from them. The filth in there knew all about this before it happened and laughed about it when it did, I'm sure. How much of KT is in on it I don't know, but an alliance led by a nazi as a far right country club so they can recruit more nazis from those they deem nazi enough certainly deserves the beatdown it is getting because of a guy who gets shit on by the nazis for not being nazi enough so he acts out like this to make them like him. Why all the conservatives in this game, hell and America now, seem so intent on destroying any credibility they have by aligning themselves with nazis is beyond me, but it's plain as fricking day. 

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Agent W said:

I’m certainly not wrong when I claim that the people who went to this game are rejects. Abbas, Partisan, Chauncey, Thrax, Keegoz, Lordship, Strum, Yoso, Clarke, and a whole host of others were not of a high enough calibre to lead a successful alliance in CN. TKR and NPO have been the only two alliances in this game who have had the type of leadership that could find success against real challenges.

the frick do I have to do with this

I played that shitty game for a month or so before coming here

• Upvote 5
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

By informing someone who was harassed who did it is not something Alex should apologise for. Tbh he should apologise for not ensuring the bounty system will not be used for harassing players in game and publicly announcing all of the folks he's warning for carrying out OOC harassment through IG mechanics. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

By informing someone who was harassed who did it is not something Alex should apologise for. Tbh he should apologise for not ensuring the bounty system will not be used for harassing players in game and publicly announcing all of the folks he's warning for carrying out OOC harassment through IG mechanics. 

*clap clap* can't agree more.

I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

42 minutes ago, Agent W said:

@Buorhann, I’m certainly not wrong when I claim that the people who went to this game are rejects. Abbas, Partisan, Chauncey, Thrax, Keegoz, Lordship, Strum, Yoso, Clarke, and a whole host of others were not of a high enough calibre to lead a successful alliance in CN. TKR and NPO have been the only two alliances in this game who have had the type of leadership that could find success against real challenges.

Uhhh. I was government in The Lost World and Deinos. I was also friends with Slayer99 when I was in TPF and he'd tell me things. Same with USN, MDC, NooN, The Brain, and some splinters from there. Also would get informed in SOUL/SOLID/DT early on. I didn't do that badly, mind you I was like 14 at the beginning and stayed on and off active there til like 22.

4 minutes ago, LordStrum said:

the frick do I have to do with this

I played that shitty game for a month or so before coming here

He's peacocking. "I was super relevant back then. I'm bigger in CN than you are. I obviously must be important to you guys too"

3 hours ago, Kastor said:

I’m not sure I get what Agent W and James are even saying. Sheepy already admitted he was wrong and completely changed his way of thinking and rules in regard to handling the entire situation. What exactly are you guys arguing about? 

You know your argument is idiotic, irredeemable trash when Kastor can drop you this fast and hard.

• Downvote 1

You played CN for a while @LordStrum, you were always in alliances that weren’t worth a damn.

3 minutes ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

Uhhh. I was government in The Lost World and Deinos. I was also friends with Slayer99 when I was in TPF and he'd tell me things. Same with USN, MDC, NooN, The Brain, and some splinters from there. Also would get informed in SOUL/SOLID/DT early on. I didn't do that badly, mind you I was like 14 at the beginning and stayed on and off active there til like 22.

He's peacocking. "I was super relevant back then. I'm bigger in CN than you are. I obviously must be important to you guys too"

Imagine thinking any of those alliances were ever relevant. I never heard your name uttered by anyone. Perhaps I’m just nostalgic for better days when these games had more to offer than mere trash.

• Downvote 5

54 minutes ago, Agent W said:

i have not now or ever implied you were a nazi @Hodor. But you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Many of us never bothered to get involved with gov if we played that game at all, or else simply were not into nations sims before CN became a complete dumpster fire. I'd be curious to know what you consider a "real challenge" that existed in CN compared to here. On a military and actual in-game level I'd say we've seen plenty of situations that required creative thinking and competence, as much as any situation there. Perhaps the politics aren't as intricate, but I don't know that I would agree with that for all the games history. On a smaller scale, sure, but CN and nation sims were a different game in 2008, membership wise, compared to now. I'm not convinced that this game, were it to ever hit similar player numbers, would not be equally as interesting.

In any case I find the dichotomy funny considering its a browser nation sim. Nobody went through any real "challenges" in these games lol. Certainly not the point I would hold them up as inspiration IRL or put in on my CV...

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

1 minute ago, Agent W said:

You played CN for a while @LordStrum, you were always in alliances that weren’t worth a damn.

Imagine thinking any of those alliances were ever relevant. I never heard your name uttered by anyone. Perhaps I’m just nostalgic for better days when these games had more to offer than mere trash.

Well duh, I just said I was a kid back then. (Also changed my username) Most of the people you listed were the same age.

Of course, we'd get better with age.

(inb4 I'm also 20 something and look at me, I spent my teenage years perfecting the way of CN while you were out being jackass adolescents.)

Anywho,

I'm P/W famous. Type in Shifty into any Discord server search bar. Boiiiii. I'm every where. Whether love or hate. You can't escape me. I'm like poison gas, slowly enveloping you, dragging you down. Or I'm like the nurturing sun, beaming down upon you with grace, granting you my presence.

GAhoZIA.png

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Many of us never bothered to get involved with gov if we played that game at all, or else simply were not into nations sims before CN became a complete dumpster fire. I'd be curious to know what you consider a "real challenge" that existed in CN compared to here. On a military and actual in-game level I'd say we've seen plenty of situations that required creative thinking and competence, as much as any situation there. Perhaps the politics aren't as intricate, but I don't know that I would agree with that for all the games history. On a smaller scale, sure, but CN and nation sims were a different game in 2008, membership wise, compared to now. I'm not convinced that this game, were it to ever hit similar player numbers, would not be equally as interesting.

Perhaps, and I personally respect you Mikey, I’ve always thought highly of you since our time in PT. That game had true visionaries though, and it actually presented significant challenges to a government. Alliances have built lasting legacies of success in that game, and some of those alliances, built by the visionaries of yesteryear, still stand to this day. In this game, who’s left? tS is a shell of what it once was, Rose hasn’t been a successful alliance in literal years, TKR has been forced to rotate through much of their best and most able gov, Guardian is more Mensa than anything, and SK has similarly lost the majority of its capable gov.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Agent W said:

we must have different definitions of played, considering I spent most of that time focusing on BK and showing up once a month or so unless people went AWOL

still don't understand how this is remotely relevant to...well anything in all honesty.

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

2 minutes ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

Well duh, I just said I was a kid back then. (Also changed my username) Most of the people you listed were the same age.

Of course, we'd get better with age.

(inb4 I'm also 20 something and look at me, I spent my teenage years perfecting the way of CN while you were out being jackass adolescents.)

Anywho,

I'm P/W famous. Type in Shifty into any Discord server search bar. Boiiiii. I'm every where. Whether love or hate. You can't escape me. I'm like poison gas, slowly enveloping you, dragging you down. Or I'm like the nurturing sun, beaming down upon you with grace, granting you my presence.

GAhoZIA.png

You’re one of the worst people I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. You’re a misogynistic man child who hides behind memes because you don’t have anything intelligent to say. Ultimately, your position, like yourself, is quite weak.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In any case I find the dichotomy funny considering its a browser nation sim. Nobody went through any real "challenges" in these games lol. Certainly not the point I would hold them up as inspiration IRL or put in on my CV...

Fun Fact of IRL Buorhann:  I put in my resume that I had great leadership skills of organizing multiple players in a online game (DAoC during this time) without having to interact with them in person to overcome obstacles (PvE Raids or PvP groups) on a resume.  Managed to land a management job that paid over than entry level pay as my first job with it.  The interview was actually very interesting when that came up, haha.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Agent W said:

Perhaps, and I personally respect you Mikey, I’ve always thought highly of you since our time in PT. That game had true visionaries though, and it actually presented significant challenges to a government. Alliances have built lasting legacies of success in that game, and some of those alliances, built by the visionaries of yesteryear, still stand to this day. In this game, who’s left? tS is a shell of what it once was, Rose hasn’t been a successful alliance in literal years, TKR has been forced to rotate through much of their best and most able gov, Guardian is more Mensa than anything, and SK has similarly lost the majority of its capable gov.

I wouldn't disagree that things on the boards and in politics have become especially poisoned lately. But I do think we've had some very interesting and good times in PW, with some very creative leaders and personalities. Regarding CN, admittedly I spent most of it reading the forums but otherwise keeping my head down and existing as just a regular member in LOST, so I wouldn't know to what extent, if any, people here were heavily involved in gov work there (except the most famous). But I think here in PW, especially the earlier days before things devolved into the 2 sphere dynamic and now the OOC driven personality clashes, we had some storied sagas of our own.

• Upvote 1

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

16 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Welp, this is exactly what I've been trying to avoid. People making generalizations based on something (which was obviously very wrong, Thalmor needs to be severely punished) a single person has done. You (Kosmo) and W don't know KT nearly as well as I do. I'd encourage you to get to know them better before calling them all Nazis.

On another note, is this what you want for your game, @Alex? People trying to turn it into the disgusting OOC garbage filled cesspool that is CN? We as a community should make sure things don't get OOC. When someone like Thalmor does a very serious OOC attack, there's only one thing to do: punish him accordingly and don't let it extrapolate in-game.

On the other hand, we have someone who used it for in-game benefits, having deliberately deceived and lied to the admin after having received special treatment, which was only possible because someone's identity was revealed, when that shouldn't have happened.

I honestly fear for the future of this game, the way things are going.

The issue is, Sheepy punished and warned him accordingly.  The problem from this was letting the information get out, which in turned...  ended up into this shitstorm.  This is why we don't ever privately tell people what you've done to settle a situation.

You either hold a completely transparent moderation log, or you don't.  The former will then allow the community to dictate punishment (Mob Rule in this case) and the latter will allow more orderly handling.

Sheepy's not in the wrong here.  I initially thought he was when we got logs of this information coming out, but with his logs - it does show that he held good intentions and that the recipient of the information mishandled the good intentions for their own personal gain.

As long as Sheepy learned from this, and hopefully we come around as a community as well, then I think this game will build up stronger than ever.  However, I'm always told that I'm a bit too optimistic from others.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I wouldn't disagree that things on the boards and in politics have become especially poisoned lately. But I do think we've had some very interesting and good times in PW, with some very creative leaders and personalities. Regarding CN, admittedly I spent most of it reading the forums but otherwise keeping my head down and existing as just a regular member in LOST, so I wouldn't know to what extent, if any, people here were heavily involved in gov work there (except the most famous). But I think here in PW, especially the earlier days before things devolved into the 2 sphere dynamic and now the OOC driven personality clashes, we had some storied sagas of our own.

I mean, most of P&W’s history is based solely on incompetence. Tenages war plans spilling, Impero trying to bully Partisan, Rose being awful at war, UPN being awful at war, did I miss anything?

• Downvote 1