Rose DoW

Keegoz

Yes, depriving the community of the activity that is usually part of declarations of war by not posting any or half assing them is really cool...

Yes the community seems very inactive. The advice is much appreciated friend.

Formerly Ibnar / Qital.

How so? A controversial reason for war gives people something to talk about. It gives people something to react to. Silence is just that, silence...

People seem to have plenty to talk about without having to post a DoW, I don't need to lie to go to war

No apparently you don't need any reason what so ever to go to war. You just sorta randomly do it out of the blue...

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13409-bk-waz-here/

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13407-syndicate-declaration-of-war-on-the-new-pacific-order-and-the-united-purple-nations/

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13410-greetings-to-upn-from-mensa-hq/

I'm disappointed. I figured you could come up with a better narrative than that.

XLL3z4T.gif

My point is that even if our reason for war merely was that we felt it was advantageous for us to declare war at that time, we at least posted a topic giving people the opportunity to react and to question and to discuss the action, rather than just staying silent, like so many have done this time around.

Hell ya why not? War is what gets this game popping

And if that is your reason "because we wanted to", then more power to ya, but I still feel a war deserves a public declaration to give the community a place to react to it and discuss it. Call me old fashion, but that's how I was brought up :P 

My point is that even if our reason for war merely was that we felt it was advantageous for us to declare war at that time, we at least posted a topic giving people the opportunity to react and to question and to discuss the action, rather than just staying silent, like so many have done this time around.

And if that is your reason "because we wanted to", then more power to ya, but I still feel a war deserves a public declaration to give the community a place to react to it and discuss it. Call me old fashion, but that's how I was brought up :P

It seems the guessing game generates just as much activity. Is your gripe really that you have nothing to gripe about because I'm seeing plenty of gripe. 

Formerly Ibnar / Qital.

It seems the guessing game generates just as much activity. Is your gripe really that you have nothing to gripe about because I'm seeing plenty of gripe. 

It is that I genuinely believe that it is detrimental to the game when people declare wars without as much as posting a topic about it. It isn't some political line or anything of the sorts. It is a genuine belief that it makes the game poorer.

• Upvote 1

This is a topic.

Is it not?

XLL3z4T.gif

It is that I genuinely believe that it is detrimental to the game when people declare wars without as much as posting a topic about it. It isn't some political line or anything of the sorts. It is a genuine belief that it makes the game poorer.

Putting aside my foolishness, I genuinely see your line of concern and understand why in a game called Politics and war, you'd want that to be the case. To be fair I do believe that a proper DoW should have been made. I don't share your stronger convictions on the matter though. 

Formerly Ibnar / Qital.

Putting aside my foolishness, I genuinely see your line of concern and understand why in a game called Politics and war, you'd want that to be the case. To be fair I do believe that a proper DoW should have been made. I don't share your stronger convictions on the matter though. 

It probably comes from me having played that other game for many years and remembering fondly back in the day when people actually cared about the reasons used for war and would discuss page after page after page about whether it was just or unjust. Not necessarily saying it is better since it can put you in the other ditch where you get paralyzed by the need for a "proper" CB, but I do believe that at least trying to explain ones rationale is better than just going out and doing it :)  

It probably comes from me having played that other game for many years and remembering fondly back in the day when people actually cared about the reasons used for war and would discuss page after page after page about whether it was just or unjust. Not necessarily saying it is better since it can put you in the other ditch where you get paralyzed by the need for a "proper" CB, but I do believe that at least trying to explain ones rationale is better than just going out and doing it :)

I would tend to agree. 

Formerly Ibnar / Qital.