Raising funds for my dog.

Prefontaine

https://www.gofundme.com/2525qkm4

Kari is a seven (almost eight) year old Corgi. She's an active little girl who's hiked up mountains, loves swimming, and running around. She's also incredibly social and well behaved with other people and animals. She's a very cared for and loved dog, but recently Kari has been having health issues. She's losing her balance frequently, having small seizure like episodes and the vet is worried she might have a brain tumor. We've already spent about $900 in figuring out things that it's not, but to see if it's a tumor we need an MRI. Kari's not on our insurance so the quotes we're getting on the low end are $3,000. 

All of the money raised will be spent on Kari's medical bills, if we raise above the goal, the remaining amount will go towards her treatment which will likely be even more expensive if it's operable tumor. We're going to be doing everything we can to save our dogs life, and would greatly appreciate any help you can give. I always considered myself a cat person before I met and fell in love with this Dog. She's only seven and deserves a much longer life than this, please help us give her the chance to. Jill and I would be forever greatful.

Sheepy gave me his permission to post this here, so I'm asking everyone to help me out. Even if you cannot donate, share it around social media if you can, especially if you're a part of any animal related groups. I'm gonna try to do a radio show to help promote this as well on Sunday. Thanks for your time everyone.

Pictures of Kari:

NRbTm9L.jpg

8idEmg7.jpg

xT22Rwz.jpg

W1fsofB.jpg

V3YoYnt.jpg

• Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

I'd call these folks: http://www.gopetplan.com/ and see what they can help with.  It is a pet insurance and as with all pet insurances, they have disclaimers about pre-existing conditions, but if the condition has not been identified yet, you might be able to get the coverage you need to help pay for or offset the possible upcoming treatments.  It couldn't hurt to reach out to them, if for nothing else to get some extra info on how to proceed.  Even though these insurances are a reimbursement type, talk with your vet to see if an arrangement can be made by either having the insurance go straight to the vet minus your deductible, or if the vet will allow low installment payments until the insurance kicks in it's portion.  Sorry to hear about this.  We just had some friends go through something similar with their 8 year old jack russell........2 tumors on her stomach.  They were able to get her fixed up, but it did cost them quite a bit because they didn't have insurance. 

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

My parents got pet insurance many years ago. It's been a godsend and ours paid out really quickly. I think we are with Pet Plan

There's a pet insurance?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Sheepy gave me his permission to post this here, so I'm asking everyone to help me out. Even if you cannot donate, share it around social media if you can, especially if you're a part of any animal related groups. I'm gonna try to do a radio show to help promote this as well on Sunday. Thanks for your time everyone.

Pictures of Kari:

NRbTm9L.jpg

8idEmg7.jpg

xT22Rwz.jpg

W1fsofB.jpg

V3YoYnt.jpg

I do feel bad for the dog, but unfortunately I am unable, at this point in time, to donate funds. You do have my emotional support, which is the most I can give at this point.

I'll keep you two in my prayers.

• Upvote 2

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Get a cat.

You are likely singe-handedly the largest reason that another neutral curbstomp will occur. Everything you post makes me wonder why GPA doesn't remove you from the AA or at least gag you on these forums.

Good luck Pre.

• Upvote 5

You are likely singe-handedly the largest reason that another neutral curbstomp will occur. Everything you post makes me wonder why GPA doesn't remove you from the AA or at least gag you on these forums.

Good luck Pre.

Lighten up, it was a joke. Also hilarious that you think I'm out of line when Rose has got people like Moreau running around.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov

Lighten up, it was a joke. Also hilarious that you think I'm out of line when Rose has got people like Moreau running around.

Don't sully my name with your dirty neutral fingers.

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

I'm sorry about your dog. All pets should live happy, healthy lives. Hope the money helps in some way, good luck!

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

There's a pet insurance?

Yeah, it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions, it's upwards of $600-700 a year, but we barely spend a quarter of that normally in a year on pet medical bills. I think Geico is the biggest name brand insurance agency that offers pet specific insurance.

Thanks to everyone who has donated, we've broken the $500 mark in under a day. That's 1/6th of the way there. I'm honestly at a loss for words on how to express gratitude, and I'm not one to be short on words normally. So thank you to everyone who has donated, offered well wishes, and shared the link around. Everything helps.

All donations go through the site which accepts Credit/Debit cards. 100% of everything that gets donated will go to Kari's treatment.

FEAR THE PUPPY PICTURES!

vTcjBXH.jpg

• Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

Jill and I got the news, and it's the worst case. Kari isn't going to make it and likely only has a few weeks, if that, left. It's a brain tumor, in a place that can't be treated surgically. Cancer treatments that would be available might give her a few months, but wouldn't improve her current state and would probably cause the remaining extra time to be less than pleasant.

Jill and I want to thank everyone who donated money to help care for our dog. Everyone who shared the page. Everyone who sent us well wishes, but unfortunately we're not going to be able to do much more for her. You've helped make a horrible situation easier on us so thank you all for that. I'm sorry I don't have better news. I'm sorry I can't tell you she's gonna pull through. I'm sorry for my dog. This is has been two of the most difficult paragraphs I've ever had to write, so I'm going to stop here, thank you.

Copied from my FB post as I don't have the stomach to write more. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Copied from my FB post as I don't have the stomach to write more. 

There is literally nothing more I can think of besides this really !@#$ing sucks Pre. Animals, pets...they become part of the family from the first day you take them into your home. There is absolutely no way I can envision my life without my pup copper - as I am sure you are lost thinking about how you will spend your days without your little girl. 

I'm hoping the days to come with your pup will be great and she will go with ease, unburdening herself and you both. 

If there is anything I can do for you bud, let me know. 

Much love to you and your family.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know it sounds pretty horrible of me to say so, but I agree with Tempest. I used to have a puppy before Altaira who had breast cancer and it wasn't only painful for me and my family, but her, as she slowly withered away. It's a terrible, slow death and you think (like I did) that by prolonging your baby's life that they will have time to get homecooked dinners, massages, and be pampered, remembered, and loved for the rest of their lives. This is, however, not always true.

Bubbles, once an active dog, grew weary and tired, unable to go for the daily walks she absolutely loved. The treatment took most of her energy out of her and she couldn't play with other dogs. Car trips got her exhausted. Instead of dying without facing her deteriorating, pain-ridden body, she died miserable. It's best to let her sleep so you can have proper time to say goodbye without the anxiety of wondering when your precious, bought time would be cut short.

It's just a recommendation but, if you're absolutely sure that Kari would enjoy the extended moments of her life, then please try to make life the happiest for her. Make a bucket list, give her free reign of the furniture and endless walks + love, and give her all the unhealthy foods she was never allowed to have before. I wish you the best of luck.

p.s. It may seem callous, but be sure to get another pet right after Kari... losing a family member hurts so bad and it's worse than you can ever imagine. You may not want another dog, cat, or otherwise after suffering this pain but they relieve some of the grief. You will never forget Kari and this new pet won't be a replacement, but another family member. Not only to mend your healing heart but also to bring joy back into your life after the bleak days after a death.

https://rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Support_Center/Grief_Support_Home.htm

http://www.pet-loss.net/

http://www.petlosshelp.org/10commonquestions.html

tumblr_static_tumblr_maucq6syiy1r7y61oo1