remove city buy time limit

Captain_Vietnam

Also, based off those numbers, I ran a scenario of what it'd be like when the biggest nations had 20 cities and 25 cities (which are both a good while away at this time) to see how it'd hold up:

TfAojCl.png

dvRN5Ew.png

• Upvote 1

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Destroying cities would be nice, even with no refunds whatsoever.

EDIT: I also like Pax's idea, although I still wouldn't able to quickbuy to 10 cities :[

Edited by Hubotz
  • Upvote 1

GET LOANS NOW!

in half of your age i was 3 times your score so try being a better nation builder

harrison

can i see what your point is??? i am asking change FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME so can i see what i have anything to do with this??? as that looks like your poor attempt at a personal attack as the subpar debaters in this thread seems to be!

harrison

can i see what your point is??? i am asking change FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME so can i see what i have anything to do with this??? as that looks like your poor attempt at a personal attack as the subpar debaters in this thread seems to be!

i know i was using me as an exsample i am just saying that removing it is to drasitic mabey we should do pax idea

The Great Emperor of New Scandinavia

Can we not compare PnW to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)? They're two completely different games with different mechanics.

i can udnerstand point of view you have but cybernation provides vitial lessons in the game mechnic department. if i made a comment about the project terra related to game mechnics it would hold same weigth would it not???

if we say ignore cybernation game mechanics and the lessons we learn there would be incredably foolish. as in core same stuff apply still it not????!

• Upvote 1

Can we not compare PnW to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)? They're two completely different games with different mechanics.

They're similar in nature and in some core mechanics, and using past evidence to support future design is just common sense.

No, they're not entirely the same, but I think more important to note is that if anything, PNW is more prone to the top-heaviness that plagues other nation sims. Having multiple avenues of expansion, one of which is physically impossible to destroy and makes rebuilding significantly cheaper, means that unless the mechanics are rebalanced a little we're going to end up very quickly in a situation where newer nations have little to no impact.

We definitely don't need mechanics that make it easy for overnight god nations, because that isn't fair to older players. We also can't just make a static change like "cities up to #5 have no timer", because eventually we'll get to the point where those 5 cities don't matter at all compared to the biggest nations anyways. A change that dynamically allows newer players a slight catchup would be nice.

Edited by Pax

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Its much easier now to grow than it was when many of us started.  Most of your largest nations are day 1 nations, and we had to scrap and scrounge to grow.  Unlike today, when you can join any half decent alliance, and have your first few cities paid for, and also get all kinds of free or subsidized projects, and take out huge loans if necessary.  You can also get the 150k a day as a new nation as well.

If you are on the ball, there is no reason you cant be a 8 city nation in 3 months.  Once you get to city 10-11, you begin to hit the point where you can no longer make enough money in 10 days to buy a city anyways unless you are really working the market.

The only downside new players face right now, is the market is much higher than it was when we started.

I have floated out in the past using coins to reset the city timer once a month, but sheeps isnt interested in doing that.

• Upvote 3

A change like that would essentially cause a revolt for all the people that stuck around to grow the game and the community. The worst thing sheepy could possibly do is to turn around and shit on all of those people to satisfy someone that just walked in off the street and thinks waiting 10 days is TOO HARD and a GIANT BURDEN.

A change like that would essentially cause a revolt for all the people that stuck around to grow the game and the community. The worst thing sheepy could possibly do is to turn around and shit on all of those people to satisfy someone that just walked in off the street and thinks waiting 10 days is TOO HARD and a GIANT BURDEN.

so let not add perks as well because people didnt use to have perks and it hard for them to grow before???

the mechnic is broke need fix if it hurt your feeling tough

if anything keep timer for the wonders and remove city timer to avoid hurt your feelings

Edited by captain_vietnam

so let not add perks as well because people didnt use to have perks and it hard for them to grow before???

if anything keep timer for the wonders and remove city timer to avoid hurt your feelings

But it is not broken

• Upvote 1

The Great Emperor of New Scandinavia

It is NOT broken and doing exactly what it was intended to do.

I'm sorry you can't understand or do not like that fact.

• Upvote 1

captain_vietnam, you were obviously not here during the beginning of Beta, but it used to be like that and it was far too easy to be able to stack one person up to 7 cities, even without the use of multi's. The change to add a 10 day timer is perfectly fine and should not be changed. If you have a good alliance, you should be able to have assistance for at least your first 5 cities for free, and in less than 2 months. That alone puts you into the top half of the game. I would absolute argue against your "unfair" claims, as I have personally managed my alliance bank funds to help multiple nations to catch up to my nation in size with the current 10 day timer despite me having started almost a year ahead of them.

That allows you to spend all your spare cash into more infra in each of those cities between the wait times. The addition of the projects utilizing the timer adds some strategic build timing into the game. Also something that should not be touched.

tl:dr, You weren't here during beta so you don't understand that the 10 day timer is necessary.

Edited by Valdoroth
  • Upvote 1