What do you think about Vietnam?

Mutsuo Toi

Something that I'm really certain about Vietnam is that nation is located in SE Asia, a pretty diverse region which has a lot of different cultures, religions, and races. I also heard that their economy is doing pretty well lately.

Well as a Vietnamese myself I've to tell you a truth. What ever you hear on the media where talk about Vietnam is mostly BS. This country itself can't even grow it own penny! Yes, it does follow the Capitalism policy but it just only for the foreign not for the people. Because every time I walk in the street all I saw is poverty this, poverty that! Police brutality just because a bull**** reason. And the Corruption? It's easy even for the middle class! You can bride your boss to raise your salary with only a dollar! :D

As for the people I only can explain with these images.

iPB31Ens.jpg      hoi-bia.jpg

Good luck living in "Paradise", My friend ! ;)

A co-worker of mine is Vietnamese.  He recently left here to go get married in Vietnam for their families.  I also have a few gaming buds ( A Canadian who moved to Vietnam and a couple of Vietnamese players ).

They mentioned a lot about the corruption in Vietnam and how the economy is heavily inflated.  You can take $1000 USD there and live pretty damn well for a month or two, depending on your spending habits.

However, they did mention that some good things, such as the infrastructure in the main cities and how there's no cap on internet speeds as long as you can afford it.  Apparently you can buy yourself out of a ticket for only $5 USD.

• Downvote 1

It kicked Murica's ass

We killed over 1 million hostile fighters while suffering only 60,000 of our own dead.

We lost, but they sure didn't kick our ass.

Anyways, it sucks that we abandoned South Vietnam for political reasons. Once they reunited the country, the communists committed terrible acts upon it's own people. 

Today, I'd say Vietnam is an okay place to live. They'll probably ''liberalize'' some more over the next few decades.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

As a fellow Vietnamese myself:

- The education sucks, like tutors + cram schools + bribe + lose your sleep/freedom kind of sucks. Not to mention we can't go through a single literature or history lesson without a "communism is a shining beacon of hope" or "your government is awesome and perfect and never make a single mistake like lying or genocide so you should follow us because lolz".

- Corruption, corruption everywhere, from grumpy traffic polices to idiotic government officials.

- The people ... well, depends on whether you're at the cities or the countryside (which city too for that matter) though Roark pretty much nails it at they're not the best people to hang around with. And don't even get me started on the bratty kids and teenagers ..... even though I'm pretty much the same age as them. '-'

Then again I live in the North of all place so what the heck do I know, right?

Edited by Talerong
  • Upvote 2

A co-worker of mine is Vietnamese.  He recently left here to go get married in Vietnam for their families.  I also have a few gaming buds ( A Canadian who moved to Vietnam and a couple of Vietnamese players ).

They mentioned a lot about the corruption in Vietnam and how the economy is heavily inflated.  You can take $1000 USD there and live pretty damn well for a month or two, depending on your spending habits.

However, they did mention that some good things, such as the infrastructure in the main cities and how there's no cap on internet speeds as long as you can afford it.  Apparently you can buy yourself out of a ticket for only $5 USD.

So is what you're telling me, I could live comfortably over there on my $3k/month military retirement pay....and not have to work? I see a full, early retirement in my future!

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

As a fellow Vietnamese myself:

- The education sucks, like tutors + cram schools + bribe + lose your sleep/freedom kind of sucks. Not to mention we can't go through a single literature or history lesson without a "communism is a shining beacon of hope" or "your government is awesome and perfect and never make a single mistake like lying or genocide so you should follow us because lolz".

- Corruption, corruption everywhere, from grumpy traffic polices to idiotic government officials.

- The people ... well, depends on whether you're at the cities or the countryside (which city too for that matter) though Roark pretty much nails it at they're not the best people to hang around with. And don't even get me started on the bratty kids and teenagers ..... even though I'm pretty much the same age as them. '-'

Then again I live in the North of all place so what the heck do I know, right?

You're damn right about the officer. Damn they live like a bloody king.

Bratty kids and teenagers... .All of the college student, over 90% of them are acting like a 13 years old child who love minecraft and forced memes like Rage comic.... the others are the immigrant. The College student who act like a 13 years old child were considered as a cool guy. Seriously, All you need is a 5 "Dorrah" to become Chad Thunderc**k : Cringe-fest Edition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZPcy2WSPRM

/\

/||\

||

||

If you're that guy with only 100 dollar I'm sure Vietnamese girl will in love with you.

Edited by Howard Roark

• 2 months later...

Our own politicians limited the military abilities to act as a military normally would in a conflict.

We defeated ourselves. Vietnam itself was in conflict with France and we were the support.