Marijuana Legalization

Quasar

Legalization  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legalized in the United States?

I used to be a smoker but eventually I encountered problems with it. I got Bronchitis and my lungs bled. So I quit and have not touched it since.

Personally I think Marijuana should be legalized because of the amount of tax dollars it has brought in for the state of Colorado. 

I do not condone the use of it because I think that with any drug there are side effects that we do not know yet.

Marijuana can lower the immune system 

can cause bronchitis (smoking anything can cause this)

It can take a toll on the respiratory system.

EDIT: I forgot to take in the account of edibles. I think Edibles are a safer alternative to smoking.

So overall I think it should be legalized because it is probably the safest drug even with some of the side effects. The amount of users allows millions of tax dollars to be paid to the state. 

So should it be legalized?

Explain your reasoning.

Edited by Quasar

"what cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating"

I can't say yes and I can't say no.

It's less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol, there's no question in that. The danger from marijuana is its potency. 

Because of the effects it has on your body and reasoning it can make you very dangerous.

It takes several beers to get drunk, it only takes one pull to get high.

I can go into greater depth later but I'm tired and I want to sleep.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dangerous" 

From experience my thought process while high was not too different than my normal self. I would find things funnier and I was not a threat to anyone. 

If by dangerous you mean having a slow reaction time so that if you are operating machinery you accidentally injure yourself, that I could possibly agree with but people that I know work with machinery and work just as normal

Some people deny that Marijuana addiction doesn't exist but I think it does and there have been studies on it. 

I think that is the 'dangerous' part about it, you crave more and if you don't have it you are depressed and irritated. Depression and irritation together can lead to psychical harm of you or someone else, so if that is what you mean than I agree with you but other than that I don't really understand your reasoning.

Edited by Quasar
  • Upvote 1

Just something I have never been able to understand, for those who smoke it to get happy, why?

Marijuana is both a depressant and a stimulant. On one hand it makes you happy for an hour or sometimes more and on the other when you are not high you are depressed.

Some smoke it to get happy because they do not find their lives to be good. They use it as an escape from reality, which can lead to addiction because you become dependent on the drug to be happy. 

The different effects of THC and Cannabanoid are drastically different. I recommend watching this video where a lady who has never done marijuana injects THC and Cannaboid.

Just search "Cannabis Injections" on YouTube.

the effects are very interesting, it shows you the stimulant and depressant part of the drug separately. 

Others that smoke it just do it for the euphoria.

Just something I have never been able to understand, for those who smoke it to get happy, why?

People don't smoke it to "get happy." I've never seen anyone say they smoke it to get happy. They smoke it to get high, not happy. There's a big difference.

• Upvote 1

People don't smoke it to "get happy." I've never seen anyone say they smoke it to get happy. They smoke it to get high, not happy. There's a big difference.

My brother said he smokes it to get happy and blazed.

Kek

PoJQyFJ.gif

Legalize it, without a doubt. It only really becomes a problem if you get to the point where your mood is negatively altered when you go cold turkey, but I rarely see that problem.

For example, a friend of mine stopped smoking pot temporarily when he came to his summer job, and felt fine. Sure, there's times when getting high would've been a nice way to cool down after a stressful day, but he was perfectly fine without it.

• Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

I can't say yes and I can't say no.

It's less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol, there's no question in that. The danger from marijuana is its potency. 

Because of the effects it has on your body and reasoning it can make you very dangerous.

It takes several beers to get drunk, it only takes one pull to get high.

I can go into greater depth later but I'm tired and I want to sleep.

You have never ever met anyone who was on weed have you? There is no person less dangerous than someone who is high on weed. How old are you btw? You are either 12 or a 40 year old teacher at a white suburban middle school based on how you described weed.

• Upvote 1

A person operating machinery or driving a vehicle and is under the influence of marijuana is extremely dangerous. Due to lowered reaction times.

A person who is high makes decisions slower.... a lot slower. They are also operating at a lower mental capacity and tend to do or say stupid things. I mean, look at Kanye West; he's already retarded and just last night he was high as balls. You know what he did? He, on live television at the VMAs, said he was going to run for president in 2020.

Just because weed makes you more laid back doesn't mean they're safe.

Also, if you had the brainpower you would have found out my age by simply clicking on my profile. But I'll leave that to you.

Also, generalizing entire areas is wrong and makes you look like a moron.

I have driven through three states high as @$%&! And my reaction times where not any slower, I also drove safer and more relaxed.

Weed effects everyone differently and those who can't drive while high shouldn't do so.

I also believe you shouldn't have strong opinions against the "danger" of weed if you have never even tried it before, that's moronic.

If you have tried it you would know it just makes you feel good and relaxed, not some altered state of mind or euphoria crap.

It's only dangerous if you have never smoked it before and decide to go for a drive, but then that would be moronic as well, what kind of person who has never consumed a substance before decide to operate some sort of machinery?

Oh I know....

#Natural Selection

• Upvote 1

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Legalize it for a multitude of reasons. 

We all know we can tax it

The war on Drugs has been a horrible failure 

People should have the right to 

The plant and chemicals in itself are "near impossible to overdose on"

One upside many people forget is that when something like this is legalized a huge circle of crime is if not destroyed it is very close. If its legal to go and buy there is no need for "dealers", "lacing" with much worse drugs, etc.

The thing people cant forget is that any smoke is not good for your lungs and well just about the rest of your body. Also even if you may have better control high than people believe it is still a drug. I say drug because it does have THC, that results in a altered perception of reality This must be considered when legalizing and have proper regulation just like the use of Alcohol.

• Upvote 1

image_1.png

Yes because:

Edited by idp5601

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

(Disregard my other post)

Not American, but yes because:

1. It's actually safer than alcohol. Much, much safer.

2. Tax money for various government projects.

3. The so-called "War on Drugs" has been a complete and total failure. Not only that, it's also very expensive.

Edited by idp5601

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png