7/27/2015 - Orbis Baseball League

Alex

The captcha exists to prevent people from botting the baseball system, which would theoretically earn them large sums of money at no cost or effort to them.

The captcha is a simple google point and click one, after a while you may have to match some pictures, but I've never had to copy and paste anything into a text box before.

I matched the pictures but then i get a box with blue script and it tells me to copy and paste it into the text box and i cant copy it. If you dont get it then i dont know why it is appearing.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

copy paste thing is only there when you block the google script with noscript or similar tools.

I never blocked anything

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I never blocked anything

What browser are you using? 

EDIT: 

I'm thinking that the browser may be blocking the script. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

i could update my ipads software but i will have to wait until i move which is when i will get internet, im currently usuing data and i dont want to waste it all on a simple update, but if safari or google is blocking the script then can i just unblock and how?

I know it was suggested on one of the earlier posts but I never saw a response...what was your position on putting a limit on home games in a row? I would like to see it done so people can't host 30 in a row without playing a single away game. 

Is it possible to automate this so that you automatically run each one home and one away game every turn?

That captcha thing is very annoying and i believe after some weeks people losing fun in this, especially when i see some nations already have everything maxed out o_O

If it's automated, Sheepy might as well increase everyone's income by a bit because that would just be the same thing :v

Those who already maxed their stats simply have way too much money

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

For real ...  I spent nearly  5m, and regardless of winning or loosing i get approx. 2000 $. Means i'd have to play 2500 games to get that cash in over time, that is, if i don't spend even more cash into it.

Maybe I have !@#$ed up as i spent into quality instead of player ability, but whatever.

As Sheepy said, its meant to be a cash sinker, but 2500x captcha clicking... thats harassment!!!

• Upvote 1

There needs to be more incentive to do away games, you always get money from home games, sometimes really good money, but away games you only sometimes get mediocre money.  Maybe limit home games to 50% of total games?  So to do more home games you have to do some away games.

tvPWtuA.gif

The highlights looks a lot like my FUBA. How did you get my codes, Sheepy?!!!

But it's a nice feature. Just one problem, I'm saving for nukes. Sheepy, please don't make me spend my money on anything other than nukes. :P

EDITED: BTW, Sheepy, can we have a modifier in relation to nation size or GDP? As it stands, the richer nations, which is generally the bigger nations has significantly greater chance of winning since they can spend a lot more money on team training than a smaller nation.

That was what I did with FUBA so it makes a size 10 nation that runs no stadium will actually lose to a size one nation with only 1 city and 2 stadiums, which makes it possible for smaller nations to win in sports against bigger nations.

Edited by Alice Lune

when I first saw this today, I think you came up with a brilliant idea to make the game more interesting in this fantasy world of politics or nations game. However, do you think simulation of elections in our nations can be added :) I think that would be kool

• Administrators

I matched the pictures but then i get a box with blue script and it tells me to copy and paste it into the text box and i cant copy it. If you dont get it then i dont know why it is appearing.

I've never seen that before, so I don't know either. I'd say try a different browser.

I know it was suggested on one of the earlier posts but I never saw a response...what was your position on putting a limit on home games in a row? I would like to see it done so people can't host 30 in a row without playing a single away game. 

I don't see any reason to limit home games, quite frankly I was worried that there wouldn't be enough home games available. I figured most people would just go play away games because it can be done instantly, and not want to sit and wait for someone to play them in a home game.

Is it possible to automate this so that you automatically run each one home and one away game every turn?

That captcha thing is very annoying and i believe after some weeks people losing fun in this, especially when i see some nations already have everything maxed out o_O

Automating the system defeats the point of it 100%. It's something to do when you're bored, if you don't want to fill out the captcha or click the buttons you don't have to. Automating it would just be a magical revenue increase, and would be silly.

Question: can a team's overall rating go down when they lose one of their top players?

Yes. Your overall rating the average of the overall ratings of your players. When you lose a player, you get a new one with a (presumably) lower overall rating, which then drops your team's rating accordingly.

EDITED: BTW, Sheepy, can we have a modifier in relation to nation size or GDP? As it stands, the richer nations, which is generally the bigger nations has significantly greater chance of winning since they can spend a lot more money on team training than a smaller nation.

No, I don't think there's any need to do this. I don't see anything wrong with people who want to invest more money into the system having a better team. The players will age and retire eventually, and they'll just have to keep dumping money in if you want to have a good team.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1111.png

• Upvote 2

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

• Administrators

Hey Sheepy, I'd like this as my OBL logo normal_ian-symbol-alces-alces.png

Please see: https://politicsandwar.com/donate/obl/logo/

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

• Jax locked this topic