Cap Bank Witdrawls

LordRahl2

Are you saying that is has not or will not happen?  Unless you can show me where the game mechanics that I reference are wrong I posit that it absolutely will be a problem.

You don't just try to pee-emptively solve problems that don't currently exist. I find it highly unlikely that this will become such an issue that such a drastic change to game mechanics will be necessary.

You don't just try to pee-emptively solve problems that don't currently exist. I find it highly unlikely that this will become such an issue that such a drastic change to game mechanics will be necessary.

Drastic?  You regularly send out 10% of your bank to a single player in a single day?

The problem does currently exist hence why I bring it up.  And I find it overwhelmingly probable that alliances leaders have thought of this.  (Some may not have to be sure).

-signature removed for rules violation-

Drastic?  You regularly send out 10% of your bank to a single player in a single day?

Yes, that is a thing that regularly happens in my alliance. Raid-able banks are small banks, a cap based on what's in there doesn't make tons of sense. If you want a cap, scale it to income, not current levels. I don't think you need a cap though.

Drastic? You regularly send out 10% of your bank to a single player in a single day?

The problem does currently exist hence why I bring it up. And I find it overwhelmingly probable that alliances leaders have thought of this. (Some may not have to be sure).

25% happens regularly with our bank. Not every alliance works the way yours does. However the people saying this doesn't currently exist clearly wernt around when banks and bank looting were first introduced. This happened regularly in wars, moving everything to one person. Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

I should gottenhave specified that I was specifically talking to Kadin.

I also know 'not every alliance works like mine'. However, please explain why you need to transfer X tens of millions out of the bank regularly. I assume you use bank money to play the market and/or build up war stocks. You could just suggest that banks can be used to directly trade in the market.

Edited by LordRahl2

Yeah, fair enough. You know why I want this. The economy needs war -as we have discussed- and the rewards for war are too low and the risk too high.

Prices will bottom out given a long enough timeline without significant incentivising for consumption and that will only happen long term with an increase in the frequency of conflict.

I will ponder another way.

Reread the OP.  Game mechanics allow them to send it to a beige or vacation mode player.  Also only 3 attackers would be allowed on a non-beige nation and other factors limit what Soldiers can 'carry off'.

Again, at the heart of the issue is how Sheepy intended the bank raid mechanic to work and how the current mechanics allow it to be undermined.

Just to clarify, you cannot send money to a player in vacation mode. At least you shouldn't be able to, I reported that to Sheepy when vacation mode came out and it was supposed to have been fixed.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Just to clarify, you cannot send money to a player in vacation mode. At least you shouldn't be able to, I reported that to Sheepy when vacation mode came out and it was supposed to have been fixed.

Thank you.  I reread his announcement - maybe add that in there for the future.

Some alliances like to keep the money in their bank to a minimum, so even a simple grant to build 100 infra can take a significant percentage of the alliance bank away.

Edited by Saopha Calas Vaduum

- Saopha Legatus Calas Vaduum, Lord General Big Shots of Charming Friends

We are the c h a̼̻Í̖͇ r m i̇͡ n g f r i e n d s and we are t͙̙̹͎̻͓̭͢͜͢h̢̘͕̪̹͓̟͉̰̀̕Ì̯͎̫͈̬͓eÌ¡ÍžÌ™Ì¬Í‰Ì²ÌœÍ Í҉̥̖̮̠͇͔̙͓͠c̀͜͢Í̟͖̳̠̕r̲͚͖̩͜͞͞ự̡̲̳̖̀̕͠ÌÍ̞̠̪͙Í̤̠e̢̡̜̗̬̩̭͇̟͉̱̜l̛͟Í͎͔̲̫͇̜̙͚eÍÍ̟̱̭͎͎̖̗͚͚̦̼̕sÍœÍ̵̡͕̙̬̹͈̺̯̣̱̱̗̩̼͟Ì̯̺͈t̀͠͞͞Ì̜̫̩̟̙͔ ̡̛҉̙̘̼͚̙̀͟ÍÍ͓̱̲͓̻̗oÍ̸Í̸͔̤̼̩̳͎͔͈͢f̶̴̢̬̺͔̮̱̫͓̘͟ ̢͉̞̪̦̣̼͓͞Í̫̻̹͖͉̮͇͙ͅf͘̕ÍÍ¢Í͕̻̱Ì̞̫͖̹̫͔̳oÍ̴̘̣̟̪̞̱͙̣̭̞̭̥̘͕͜ÌeÍ̢̯̪̙̪͜͜͞s̸͟Í͙̲̣̜̲̞̜͇̲̤̮̗͔͇͈̺̯

Qc9CHg7.png

You can just send someone money right when a war starts, and have that person go into VM. Bam, money protected for 2 weeks.

Anyway, there is a simpler way to address this. Cap bank transfers of cash at 1% of the receiving nations GDP.  For me that's about $50m. For a brand new nation with 0ish score its like $10k. So you can't have a buddy create a 0.0 nation and send them $200m that no one will be low enough to attack for loot. 

As what is probably one of the largest banks in the game, VE sends out more than 10 percent of its bank at least once a week.

If you send cash to a guy, and boom he goes vaca mode, then all those resources are now locked down for 2 weeks, and no one can get them, which isnt exactly good for an alliance at war.

• Administrators

Game mechanics allow them to send it to a beige or vacation mode player.

Now that's not true. And you can only stay on Beige for 5 days, max.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Got the fist part sheepy. If you want me to list the numerous ways to hide bank funds I can. But it is really not that much of a hassle right now to hide the whole bank.

Can you calculate what percentage of the money going through the banks is actually hidden using these methods?  :rolleyes:

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Records are not available from the last time.e there was a real war and raiding was turned on. I speculate that you can go look at the target of Aargh's last raid.

Regardless I have heard that it did happen at a near 100% rate with near 100% of the bank. I would assume that is what people will attempt but I am very confident that they will do so.

Got the fist part sheepy. If you want me to list the numerous ways to hide bank funds I can. But it is really not that much of a hassle right now to hide the whole bank.

I have a problem with how you're wording things, if you don't mind me explaining. You keep saying "hiding funds", which cannot happen. Transfers to/from the banks are logged and accessible by anyone who puts forth the effort.

Now, I do know that you probably mean banks being dumped into one player versus actual hiding of the funds. However, the mechanic is there for it to be tracked, and even to be looted. Money lost from a nation holding an entire bank would be more than the perentages lost from a bank raid.

I can think of only one way an alliance could literally stash money making it invulnerable, and I'll talk with Sheepy about it to see how to approach that.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!