Global Missions

Imagine an Orbis event that everyone had to contribute to. Like a comet is about to strike the planet and destroy 25% of everyone's nation.

All nations must contribute to the fund to destroy this space threat.

If successful:

Comet is destroyed and now all nations receive _ amount of resource x,y, and z. (randomly generated for that event)

It'd be interesting to see and would probably delay wars/possibly have alliances form rebuild pacts/try to screw over everyone.

• Upvote 1

All nations must contribute or a certain amount of dosh must be gathered? Different stuff there

Depends on the number and mechanics, it could be a really forgettable thing where a gaggle big nations could cover all the cost, or nigh impossible where everyone shrugged and went "the hell with it"

UedhRvY.png

If the percentage of nations required to participate for it to work is large, then no threat would ever be stopped as a majority of nations in the game are run by people who have either no idea what's going on or they are inactive. I think it would be better if there was a set funding goal that the project had to reach in order for the mission to be completed. That being said, it will be near impossible to determine what a good monetary amount is making sure it isn't too high to actually be achieved or two low to be a redundant thing where two or three big nations could do it alone.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

A comet is heading for North America, you can A) Choose to help or B Speed the comet up putting it on target to destroy every city in North America.

Edited by Clarke
  • Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

Perhaps have a relatively moderate amount, but with a means-adjusted cap? That way big nations don't hog all the glory and newbies don't bankrupt themselves. Perhaps 24hrs revenue per event?

Just to take a guess at numbers, maybe $60 Million for the cost? Large enough to be a setback to alliances, without braking the bank?

EDIT:

A comet is heading for North America, you can A) Choose to help or B Speed the comet up putting it on target to destroy every city in North America.

Ooh, I like this! The ability to take you down with me! Edited by Roger Campbell

Just to take a guess at numbers, maybe $60 Million for the cost? Large enough to be a setback to alliances, without breaking the bank?

I don't even have 10,000 infra and I make $1 million a day. That isn't enough. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I'd do B then switch to SA right before it hit.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Pretty dang sure OP mentioned it affects everyone globally, since when it's decided that it's only regional :v

I'd actually like to see regional ones too. Imagine if North America was hit before a war and uranium + steel production suffered, drastically raising prices and hurting an AA's location. Locking in locations the moment the event is triggered would keep people from paying to move.

I think random events is the term you were looking for, and IIRC I'm pretty sure Sheepy mentioned wanting to add them to the game at some point.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

• Administrators

How about an event like you proposed: A giant comet is heading toward Orbis and will effectively destroy it if the nations of the world cannot work together to destroy it or throw it off course.

What does it take to complete such a project? 1,000 Credits, pooled together and paid in some fashion, collectively by all the nations. Then I delete the comet event the comet is thrown off course, and the world is saved. For now.

choofed.gif

For real, I actually really like this idea. As long as there's a way big and small nations can all contribute to whatever the event is.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link