Raise spy buying limit

Mutant

Hello!

Recently I lost about 50 spies in a war giving me a total of 0 in which I keep buying 2 spies a day and then someone spies them away. I basically will never be able to have spies again due to enemy spy attacks. Even so, it will take me 30 days to amass 60 spies so I can ward off hostile spy actions. I believe the spy buying limit is too low for higher tiers.

My suggestion is to raise the buying limit, or alternatively make a intelligence headquarters improvement and have spies function like soldiers. (More headquarters you buy raises your maximum spy total and daily recruitment amount.)

• Upvote 5

Or increase/decrease the price the more/less you have, so its harder to maintain spy supremacy.

Or make spy operation costs scale to score, so a big scary nation has to spend more to neuter a small puny nation.

It's actually been requested multiple times. That or a spy-range, etc. Right now having larger nations who can afford to have 100+ spies being able to attack nations with less spies renders the smaller nations utterly defenseless in the long run.

• Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Prince bubblegum will be glad.

actually 2 spies daily indeed hard to catch up with those who got 100+, would increase the amount itself would also increase the gap btw the two?

Lolz..

Suggestion: Each nation should have a bottle neck limitation on no. of spies or the more spies you bought, it cost more.

Edited by Arthur James

I like the current spy system. You have to plan and are rewarded for building up in advance.

A person that benefits from the system would probably like it.

Initially you can only get 1 spy per day, but it was raised once people complained about the ridiculously long build-up period for spies. And so far it has been good-ish. If it's going to be raised further, then spy casualties formulas should also be buffed accordingly

UedhRvY.png

I concur with this idea, but if people are stubborn about that maybe, like everything else, you could limit the amount of espionage a single person can do to you i.e. rather than just having to wait till 12 am server time for your daily spy op to be replenished, make a small waiting period for the name person to attempt espionage on you again. 

Edited by Ansom
  • Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

I concur with this idea, but if people are stubborn about that maybe, like everything else, you could limit the amount of espionage a single person can do to you i.e. rather than just having to wait till 12 am server time for your daily spy op to be replenished, make a small waiting period for the name person to attempt espionage on you again. 

There's already a limit on how spied you can get. I'd rather see an espionage range if anything about spying changes.

Changing it from 2 to 5 would make literally no difference at all. Raising the spy limit is an absurd suggestion if unaccompanied by other changes in the espionage system. 

I suppose I would be considered part of the "benefiting group" of the current system, but I would like to point out that spies don't win wars. At best, if you tried to spy soldiers, that's only 3000 max, which is pathetic in terms of actually winning a war. Tanks is 250. Aircraft is like 36. Ships is 5. Missiles and nuclear weapons are 1, and spies are 25. You can only spy away 25 enemy spies when the person has greater than 48 spies, otherwise it is roughly half. (Say, you have 20 spies and someone spies you. Max spy kill, no matter how many more spies they send in, is 11). 

Spying only becomes useful when you are trying to sabotage someone's missiles, nuclear weapons, or spies. Ships are somewhat beneficial, but "neutering" smaller nations is not a problem, because smaller nations are not likely to have missiles, nuclear weapons, or spies. I would have to agree with greatnate on this one, a spy force is a necessary part of a higher level nation's defense, especially if that nation has nuclear weapons or missiles. Higher level nations should have foresight into development of a defensive (or offensive) spy force. It's why Raggie rocks 160+ spy force, not only to defend from spy attacks against his nukes, but if you have nukes, say goodbye to them. He also has a CIA project just to drive the point home.

Spies are only overpowered when you consider you want to fight a spy war with someone. In any other normal war, spies do very little against soldiers, tanks, and aircraft. Considering the limit of spy attacks against someone (which is 3 per day), there is no way that this system can be used against "small" nations without costing a shit load in the first place.  

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

There's already a limit on how spied you can get. I'd rather see an espionage range if anything about spying changes.

You can only be spied on 3 times per day. No necessarily by the same person

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Changing it from 2 to 5 would make literally no difference at all. Raising the spy limit is an absurd suggestion if unaccompanied by other changes in the espionage system.

I see somebody didn't graduate from grade one. The difference from 2 to five is quite substancial.

• Upvote 1

The difference between 2 and 5 can only be measured by how much people are willing to pay in bills, some people will buy an extreme amount and the issue will this be the same where someone with an insane amount can kill all your spies. 

IpHGyGc.png

The only thing I'm purposing is the increase in purchase amount per day. Bills at this point isn't even being discussed. Taking 50 days to get to 100 is way to much considering they can all be wiped out in a few days of spy attacks. I'm also for a spy attack range with Ns being the restriction.

You can only be spied on 3 times per day. No necessarily by the same person

Why not just be able to buy 2 spies every 6 turns? That way you can have 4 a day, and if you get spied in the morning, theres always noon to get more.

OOOooo, or how about this? Why dont you make it acumulative? Say you don't purchase 2 on one day, so it carries over to the next? You sould wait 5 days, then boom, you can buy 10 right then and there?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I see somebody didn't graduate from grade one. The difference from 2 to five is quite substancial.

Maybe you should have a higher bar for education, because if you had also passed third or fourth grade the reason 2 or 5 doesn't matter much here would be apparent. To explain it in easy to understand language, everyone will just buy 5 spies every day instead of 2 and the dynamics will be the same. If the cap was 15 or 25, you'd start to price people out... That might make a difference, at least in that it would force people to specialize in spies. But a small increase in the cap is pointless, and even a large increase doesn't solve the problem of larger nations being able to keep smaller ones wiped clear of spies.  

OOOooo, or how about this? Why dont you make it acumulative? Say you don't purchase 2 on one day, so it carries over to the next? You sould wait 5 days, then boom, you can buy 10 right then and there?

All of this.

• Upvote 1

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

As someone who has had their spy count completely wrecked before, I know how frustrating it can be to have to rebuy from nothing. That said, I like the system as it is. It forces people to communicate to try and figure out who is doing the spying, thus increasing the meta game. I might be supportive of a project that allowed a player to buy +1 spy per day, or a project that allowed for like a +20% defense to spy ops if the person has more spies than you...

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Mm, the OP's main concern here is that people can completely devastate your spy number while it normally take weeks to get to that number, right? Even if you raise the limit to 5, or even 10, I don't think that's gonna change anything as someone with double your spies can still easily wreck your stuff, and with 5 spies per day there's nothing stopping someone big to reach 200+ spies at times of war, or even more. Hell, even at roughly equal number of spies people can still get a really good chance to kill your spies at extremely covert. The problem would stay the same: you get wrecked by people with more spies and money than you.

Just a two cents of mine

UedhRvY.png

My main problem is I keep getting my spies killed and my nukes destroyed. I buy the max amount of spies everyday and I still have only 3 now. I've had to halt all nuke purchases.

I can't prove who is doing the attacks, and I can't buy enough spies to stop their attacks.

My main problem is I keep getting my spies killed and my nukes destroyed. I buy the max amount of spies everyday and I still have only 3 now. I've had to halt all nuke purchases.

I can't prove who is doing the attacks, and I can't buy enough spies to stop their attacks.

That sounds like one predictable consequence of nuking a bunch of people. Just a thought. 

• Upvote 2