Religion, Nationality, Motto and Currency

James Gordon

Maybe I'm going too Nationstates here but it would be nice if we had more customizations on our nation. So it can feel more, well ours. Create slots for Religion no need to even make a list. Nationality and Motto will make it feel more ours. Currency can just be their for role play with no real value. For all this. You don't need to make a list, just create a slot and we can create a truly custom nation.

• Upvote 5
mx5U7tN.jpg

Religion: Yes! Even if it's purely aesthetic, I think having a religion option is a good idea.

Currency: I personally don't care either way, but why not?

Motto: This could be added into the custom description, really.

Parties: Why not? Should be aesthetic, though. My nation has 5 political parties, which I've mostly just expressed in my wiki page.

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I did kind of like what Nationstates had for aesthetics.

Religion: Voicing Fox Fire's response to this

Nationality: I do like this, you can set the percentages and such for who resides in your nation. Would really help the RP.

Currency: Since we don't have to bother with actual conversions. Why not

Motto: Approve

Parties: No opinion on this. For public appearance, could just show the dominant party for the nation.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

I am against adding religion. If people feel very strongly, let them put it in the description. Giving people a RL focal point upon which to spew bigotry is not a good idea.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I am against adding religion. If people feel very strongly, let them put it in the description. Giving people a RL focal point upon which to spew bigotry is not a good idea.

If we already added rl currency, we also can add rl religions and natioanlities. Though maybe theres place for credits (1) "Add custom religion/nationality/currency"

If you don't like to have a state religion, you can give secular i think.

• Upvote 1

What if Dioist was an option? Atheism would be anyways

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Wat? So then what about government type and policies? I can use that as an RL focal point to spew bigotry..... In fact, I find your comment to be an ideal example of what you're speaking against....

*Rolls eyes*

If religion is added, there should simple be a "none" option. There ya go.

(But I think you just don't like the fact that Diosm is not an actual religion).

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Pretty straightforward, maybe I'll try adding currencies here real quick.

The currencies listed are pretty small... Where are the sheqels?

420kekscope.jpg

This has nothing to do with the game mechanics, or in this case cosmetics. I have seen, and I'm sure many of you have as well, RL religion and politics brought into games and poison communities. Government types serve a mechanical purpose, and largely make sense in doing so. The government policies are (apparently) supposed to mean something mechanically at some point.

What's the potential mechanical impact of listing a religion? I can see none that won't simply create further issues.

The simple fact is that if you really care about people knowing your religion, you can place it in your nation bio.

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

This has nothing to do with the game mechanics, or in this case cosmetics. I have seen, and I'm sure many of you have as well, RL religion and politics brought into games and poison communities. Government types serve a mechanical purpose, and largely make sense in doing so. The government policies are (apparently) supposed to mean something mechanically at some point.

What's the potential mechanical impact of listing a religion? I can see none that won't simply create further issues.

The simple fact is that if you really care about people knowing your religion, you can place it in your nation bio.

If this causes any arguments, I'd be surprised. If you were one religion in real life, you could be Bhuddist in the game, and it doesnt hurt anyone

420kekscope.jpg

it's not our religion, it is the religion of our nations. many nations around the world have national religions.

not that i give a shit either way but if we can't bring religion and politics into a simulation of them then what are we even doing

• Upvote 4

This has nothing to do with the game mechanics, or in this case cosmetics. I have seen, and I'm sure many of you have as well, RL religion and politics brought into games and poison communities.

I call bullshit. This has never, not once, been an issue in any similar game I've played where religion existed. Take (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) for example. Nobody cares what religion your nation is. You Mensa peeps are Diosts IC and tadda!!! Nobody cares...

What's the potential mechanical impact of listing a religion?

Could be many things, but I'm personally in favor of it being aesthetic. What are the mechanical impacts of policies or currency in the game? Nothing, but they're there.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Adding a mechanical impact for religions would certainly poison the game. If a game mechanic behind religion is really desired, why not we give same benefits for all the religions (and may be a religious civic, which gives different benefits) and an entirely different benefit for Free Religion, something like Sid's Civilization series?

We can do the same for currency too, why create another option for it?

My opinion is, lets have pros and cons for currencies and religion/free-religion, just RP is boring without proper game mechanic.

• Upvote 1

Yea, cause there have never been wars fought on the internet over RL religious and political issues.

*yawn*

iMZejv3.gif

Yea, cause there have never been wars fought on the internet over RL religious and political issues.

*yawn*

I certainly don't recall any... Is anyone DoWing you for being a Dioist? I must have missed that war...

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I don't think using RL religions is going to cause wars.

People should be able to use custom religions though, since there are so many real and fictional that people might like to use.

Same goes for nationality, perhaps take a leaf out of Victoria 2's book and have a primary culture/nationality, and accepted cultures/nationalities.

• Upvote 2

I vote for two religion options:

"Dioist" and "Heathen"

Heathens get -50% economy and they have to wear big red noses on their avatars.

This was a joke for the people with no sense of humour

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong