Capture Infra

Pol Pot

in wars in real life, soilders often take towns and cities in war.

i think, to make the game more intresting and realistic, we should be able to capture infra from people we hit on a win. maybe when we win a battle. the formula for capturing should be like the battle damage one, expect that people lose only 10-30% of the damage the battle damage formula does.

this will be an intresting change. currently, most people go for just missiles in war, with this it will incentivise people using ground attacks more...maybe tanks get bonuses for damage as well

thoughts? capturing cities could be intresting as well

• Upvote 1

...no

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

...no

why not? if you're going to say no, explain why. not just no or it looks stupid.

wars will be more intresting. you should be able to command your soilders to capture or destroy on attacking in ground attacks as well, maybe capturing results in higher loses for example.

I actually like the idea of capturing a city. How about, say I could capture a city and then get the revenue from that city while the war is going on?

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

that addresses the city part.

if people don't want that, that is fine. but what about the infra, that seems like a reasonable thing to capture. i can't see any problem with that?

¨Viktor?! What are you doing!?!¨

'Just capturing infrastructure'

¨But those are metal pipes!¨

'Yes Olav! These glorious steel tubes will do great things for our nation!'

I think what I already said basically sums everything up.

how? all i see is a joke about steel tubes.

nothing there about why this wouldn't work in game.

nobody is even addressing my point, they're all just going "NO!". Funny people

But that would be stealing from everyone. Surely people stealing for their own gains is not something a good communist would do?

Shame on you for destroying your own ideals! Giving to the rich and stealing from the poor? Disgusting.

Wow.

i am putting in a thing to make this game more realistic and intresting. in war, things are captured, it's what happens.

but hey, if you can't actually come up with something good other then awful arguements like that i better not waste my time. i have yet to see an actual arguement on the problems with this yet.

The problem is that the more an attacker is able to steal, the more the game turns into a rich-get-richer curbstomp fest where someone will be able to snowball out of control through military prowess.

It is realistic, but in the end it becomes unfun.

hxvRjGK.jpg

i think, to make the game more intresting and realistic, we should be able to capture infra from people we hit on a win. maybe when we win a battle. the formula for capturing should be like the battle damage one, expect that people lose only 10-30% of the damage the battle damage formula does.

this will be an intresting change. currently, most people go for just missiles in war, with this it will incentivise people using ground attacks more...maybe tanks get bonuses for damage as well

I cant rationalize this. What would they actually be doing. Picking up roads and bridges and putting it in your nation?

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

I suggested capturing cities back in Alpha. I believe the same logic use to decline that applies here. There is room for rampant abuse in the form of using smaller nations as city and infra farms and just paying them back. Resulting in ultra-cheap infra and cities for massive nations.

• Upvote 1

sith_sig.png

was important; now retired 

I cant rationalize this. What would they actually be doing. Picking up roads and bridges and putting it in your nation?

It would only make sense from a realism standpoint if you were capturing the land, too. You capture the land with a road on it, and you also capture the road. Although, if you're pushing hard for realism, the issue of geographical contiguity also comes up.

hxvRjGK.jpg

No, because if this gets implemented, the 99%ers are dead straight away

And the downside?

but seriously with all the hubbub over them guys i hardly think this is a compelling argument against it.

I should not have to point out the the word NO all by it's lonesome is not an argument and using it on a guy who is ether a troll or needs to step outside his communist death camp er i mean University campus and see how the rest of the world lives is the height of laziness.

As for why i would oppose this idea the game is not setup for capturing stuff from other nations as it is now we may have spots on a map but it is functionally little different then if we all resided on our own little islands that have no definitive location, and as for capturing land that was briefly brought up that would also be a bad idea as that along with cities are the only things at the moment raiders can not raid out of existence.

I have 2000 infra

I attack a nation

I have 2001 infra

My city is now unpowered

fml

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I suggested capturing cities back in Alpha. I believe the same logic use to decline that applies here. There is room for rampant abuse in the form of using smaller nations as city and infra farms and just paying them back. Resulting in ultra-cheap infra and cities for massive nations.

How come nobody saw this valid point from Phrogg? The way updeclare range works right now, a nation with 9 cities and 800 infra in each could easily declare on a nation with 10 cities and 1500 infra each. Not counting military assets but that's really easy to manipulate. The former can buy infra in $4,771 each, while the later needs $15,707 for each infra. Depends on what capture-to-destroy ratio you're thinking, this would pave a way to one hell of a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet deal

10/10 suggestion would support and +1 like

UedhRvY.png

No.  Capturing cities, are you kidding?

Also, "just missiling" illustrates a lack of knowledge about the current war system post-missile nerf.

Its a nice idea and I agree partially, it would be a mess due to border issues and land issues....the screens that show up. Just the ability to tax that city untill it is gained back. 75% of the resources and cash produced goes to the attacker 25% to the owner. The Owner needs to win a battle to regain the city. (I am still on beige so i dont know the war module too well)

Support. Instead of destroying infrastructure we should capture it. When we capture it we can then choose what city it goes to.

mx5U7tN.jpg