Citadel Accords Amendment

Morgan

I think it's obvious that what was meant as taking unaligned white nations under our wing won't be interpreted as a recruitment of any nation who accidentally moves to white.

1. Any nation that moves to the white sphere will be contacted to join any of the signatories of this accord

Contradiction is in bold. Given that what you said could not be taken from the above quoted point one in any way, shape, or form, I don't think it's obvious, Ashland. In fact, it means literally what I originally posted.

That being said, do I really think you intend to go out and recruit aligned nations? No, of course not, that wouldn't end well at all. However, because governing a color sphere is such a far reaching task that can touch so many different nations in so many different ways with no telling how things will play out in the future, in the event there is an incident where you do try to use this as a justification, it's better for both you all and the rest of the global community to have a clear explanation of your intent to point back to.

But, it looks like there has been clarification which is great. I sincerely wish you guys the very best of luck.

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Well that's your first mistake, giving people warnings.

Theoretically. Treaties and shit are more so that you can surprise attack someone and then claim afterward that you warned them. Which I think is valid.

It's always interesting when you and I engage in a race to the bottom to see who's the more cynical !@#$.

I haven't heard the pebble hit the bottom yet. What about yours?

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

If it ain't white, it ain't right.

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

So, just for clarity... you'll either recruit me or fight me if I go on white?

So, just for clarity.... we will offer you a chance to join one of our fine alliances if you are unaligned, or by moving to white you declare war on white. We would be simply defending our homes.

We are simply trying to develop our white nations with our white resources, and protect them with our white power. We seek no issues or drama from anyone else. We have decided to look after our own, develop our own resources, and eliminate ourselves from the rest of the issues here on Orbis. We have like minded people working together to further advance those who pass our strict requirements of excellence and yes execution.

Who says we would accept you anyways?

O/White

Our abbreviation is UST, not USoT.

In light of this, I've edited my post to the following:

Every time I see an announcement or anything from Citadel, I imagine the BotC, the ESA, and the USoT white people dancing in the Citadel HQ.

I will not stand idly by while prepositions and definite articles are being oppressed by the whites! Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

Who says we would accept you anyways?

O/White

That's just hurtful.

While I understand the idea here, and even applaud the sentiment, my issue here is this:

You are basically claiming a color with the mentality of "Join us, or we will kick your ass."

You may not be up to date on Orbis history, so I'll just be blunt. TEst was once issued an order to leave the red sphere. We fought for the right to exist as we please, where we please. Sooner or later that same issue will drop in your lap.

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

We havent forced anyone to leave, diplomatic channels have been used. It would be different if the said alliance was already here. Any new comers to white dont fall into this. They are choosing to step over our borders knowing full well the extent we will go to, to protect our investments. Like guards at the bank or metal detectors at schools. The line has been drawn and your steps are yours to make. Everyone has read this thread and knows full well where the line is. We are not pushing our beliefs on anyone and we kind of just want to be left alone. We welcome friends of all colours and wish to thrive as individuals working towards a common goal.

The door is open and welcoming as long as friendship is your intention. Dont walk on my white carpet, look at my white wife, or pet my white dog. Get your own

O/White

We dont even have hair cut restrictions.

White people and their strict anti-immigration laws. I am not surprised.

Red- Er I mean... White power? o7 o/

We havent forced anyone to leave, diplomatic channels have been used. It would be different if the said alliance was already here. Any new comers to white dont fall into this. They are choosing to step over our borders knowing full well the extent we will go to, to protect our investments. Like guards at the bank or metal detectors at schools. The line has been drawn and your steps are yours to make. Everyone has read this thread and knows full well where the line is. We are not pushing our beliefs on anyone and we kind of just want to be left alone. We welcome friends of all colours and wish to thrive as individuals working towards a common goal.

The door is open and welcoming as long as friendship is your intention. Dont walk on my white carpet, look at my white wife, or pet my white dog. Get your own

O/White

We dont even have hair cut restrictions.

Except that in say a month, a new alliance may show up and know nothing of this.

But good luck with this idea. The white supremacy puns are pretty lame though.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Too much to quote, but I'll just throw this here;

Although, clarification was needed on the recruitment of white nations NOT in our alliance - that being we will not recruit aligned nations, only unaligned....there seems to be some clarification needed for the protection terms of white.

Firstly, we never meet our new friends on white with war declarations. We have a committee set up to meet these new alliances with diplomacy. We map out our policies and we give them a chance to talk with us and move off white. They also in some cases get offered to be: a part of CC, a protectorate of CC, or dissolve into CC alliances.

Every alliance we have spoken to has moved away thus far.

It is true that if you're up to date on current Orbis events you'd know that this bloc exists and you'd know the policies and strategies of it.

However, if a brand new alliance happens to pick white (which has happened 2x) we again approach them diplomatically and explain everything. What is to be understood here is we aren't saying "THIS IS OUR LAND &#33;@#&#036; OFF!!" We are primarily educating new alliances and current alliances of our stake here on White and we provide several options for them to take.

Nothing about CC's stake on white is aggressive unless diplomatic channels cannot be met with maturity and respect...and even then we hold diplomacy first before ever firing any guns.

Nothing is contradicted as Jodo says. Diplomacy is first, second, and third - war is last.

The CC aims to protect all on the white sphere and as we continue to grow our sphere will grow. We don't foresee it just being us three within the CC as we progress which leaves our future open for changes.

I also do agree all the supremacist jokes are lame.

o/ White

Too much to quote, but I'll just throw this here;

Although, clarification was needed on the recruitment of white nations NOT in our alliance - that being we will not recruit aligned nations, only unaligned....there seems to be some clarification needed for the protection terms of white.

Firstly, we never meet our new friends on white with war declarations. We have a committee set up to meet these new alliances with diplomacy. We map out our policies and we give them a chance to talk with us and move off white. They also in some cases get offered to be: a part of CC, a protectorate of CC, or dissolve into CC alliances.

Every alliance we have spoken to has moved away thus far.

It is true that if you're up to date on current Orbis events you'd know that this bloc exists and you'd know the policies and strategies of it.

However, if a brand new alliance happens to pick white (which has happened 2x) we again approach them diplomatically and explain everything. What is to be understood here is we aren't saying "THIS IS OUR LAND !@#$ OFF!!" We are primarily educating new alliances and current alliances of our stake here on White and we provide several options for them to take.

Nothing about CC's stake on white is aggressive unless diplomatic channels cannot be met with maturity and respect...and even then we hold diplomacy first before ever firing any guns.

Nothing is contradicted as Jodo says. Diplomacy is first, second, and third - war is last.

The CC aims to protect all on the white sphere and as we continue to grow our sphere will grow. We don't foresee it just being us three within the CC as we progress which leaves our future open for changes.

I also do agree all the supremacist jokes are lame.

o/ White

So, hypothetically, if a new alliance was forming on white and they approached Viridia for a protectorate which we then granted them, and our new protectorate refused to move once you approached them diplomatically, you would then start a war that would be very, very costly for you. No one wants that kind of mess because of some sort of zealous protection of ones color sphere.

I understand your desire to control your sphere, however the blanket approach does not work well. Between this glitch and the recruitment issue, it might not be a terrible idea to go back and rethink your amendments overall.

Edited by Impero

imperosig.png

So, hypothetically, if a new alliance was forming on white and they approached Viridia for a protectorate which we then granted them, and our new protectorate refused to move once you approached them diplomatically, you would then start a war that would be very, very costly for you. No one wants that kind of mess because of some sort of zealous protection of ones color sphere.

I understand your desire to control your sphere, however the blanket approach does not work well. Between this glitch and the recruitment issue, it might not be a terrible idea to go back and rethink your amendments overall.

Here is a question - do you think before you post your hypotheticals?

CC would not only contact the alliance VE is going to protect, but we would also contact VE as VE is a respectable alliance who should understand what is going on in the White Sphere and of course, in Orbis. 

The CC would probably feel that VE should have already told their protectorate of the status of the White Sphere and respectably asked them to move off the White Sphere upon taking protection - as you said - it would be a mess that nobody wants to deal with - but the CC will.

That is of course - unless VE really just wants to be in a mess with 3 other alliances and more, just because your silly protectorate wasn't notified of the clear, stated policies of the White Sphere from the Citadel Council. 

Edited by The Speaker

I actually disagree.  Costly for us?  Yes.  Costly for you?  Also yes.  The question for you has to be: Is it worth it?  We've staked our claim.  You know where we stand.  We worked tirelessly to build white and all we want now is to keep what we've built.  Is it worth it to you to fight a war just because you got greedy?

If we just bend over every time a large alliance wants to put a micro on our sphere and ruin our color stock, then what's the point of having an alliance?

The tenor of your posts is very... bellicose.  Are you planning on doing these things?

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 2

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a question - do you think before you post your hypotheticals?

CC would not only contact the alliance VE is going to protect, but we would also contact VE as VE is a respectable alliance who should understand what is going on in the White Sphere and of course, in Orbis. 

The CC would probably feel that VE should have already told their protectorate of the status of the White Sphere and respectably asked them to move off the White Sphere upon taking protection - as you said - it would be a mess that nobody wants to deal with - but the CC will.

That is of course - unless VE really just wants to be in a mess with 3 other alliances and more, just because your silly protectorate wasn't notified of the clear, stated policies of the White Sphere from the Citadel Council. 

Much more then you apparently think before writing up your charter amendments. 

Do you honestly feel that a sovereign alliance such as us, Guardian, UPN, or anyone else along with any protectorate or who approaches should impinge on that protectorates freedom of choice of where to reside because you say so?

Is it worth it to you to fight a war just because you got greedy?

The tenor of your posts is very... bellicose.  Are you planning on doing these things?

You are claiming that no other alliance can reside on the white sphere...and somehow others are greedy if they go there. I honestly don't know how to reply because that makes absolutely zero sense.

And no, I'm actually trying to be helpful to you and head any potential issues off at the pass. No one wants that kind of mess for a few precentage points.

Edited by Impero

imperosig.png

Much more then you apparently think before writing up your charter amendments. 

Do you honestly feel that a sovereign alliance such as us, Guardian, UPN, or anyone else along with any protectorate or who approaches should impinge on that protectorates freedom of choice of where to reside because you say so?

That is the idea behind color sovereignty.  Which isn't a new idea.  So... uhm... yes?

aUel2fG.png

That is the idea behind color sovereignty.  Which isn't a new idea.  So... uhm... yes?

How unfortunate. And if people just laugh at your claims and disregard them?

If you really intend to lay such a firm stake over the entire color and expect to impinge on others sovereignty, I guess CC is just an extremely aggressive bloc.

Edited by Impero

imperosig.png

How unfortunate. And if people just laugh at your claims and disregard them?

If you really intend to lay such a firm stake over the entire color and expect to impinge on others sovereignty, I guess CC is just an extremely aggressive bloc.

To be fair, the charter does allow us the flexibility to act as we see fit given the situation.  As you said, it may very well be not worth the percentage points.  And that's obviously something that would be considered before any action is taken.

aUel2fG.png

To be fair, the charter does allow us the flexibility to act as we see fit given the situation. As you said, it may very well be not worth the percentage points. And that's obviously something that would be considered before any action is taken.

backpedal.gif

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png