Sigma - Public Embassy

Sailor Jerry

aXez90j.png

Greetings fellow citizens of Orbis,

Can I trouble you for a few moments of your valuable time?

As many of you may know, Sigma is a new alliance with a hard neutral stance. This in no way means that we are opposed to interacting with the great folks here in Orbis. We are still a fairly small alliance and with our core values of neutrality, transparency and honesty, we thought that opening one, public Embassy here, in the main Orbis forums, where everyone can come, visit and chat with us here in Sigma, seemed the logical choice. We feel this would be better than trying to set up an individual Embassy within each alliance at this time and we feel we would be able to respond a little more quickly to questions if we are able to work out of just one office for the time being. Hopefully as our alliance grows, we will look to the future where we will be able to open up a branch Consulate Office in every alliance so we might be able to interact with more citizens of Orbis who seldom or never come to the main forums.

The link to our DoE which has links to our Charter, In-Game Alliance Page, IRC Channel and Sigma Forums Website.

Thank you for your time and we here in Sigma, look forward to meeting and talking with all the fine folks here on Orbis.

Respectfully,

Σ

• Upvote 4

X4EfkAB.png

Is this really announcement worthy?  If someone pops on your forums  just say .. hey no private room hang out if you want. 

Of course this is announcement worthy.  Our forums are open for public viewing but only alliance members can make posts.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

But... I can't post our required embassy material here. :[

Yeah, some minor issues......nobody said this was a perfect solution! ;)   With that thought, you could post some links to where you keep your main stuff and then post announcements when you have new government folks with a link posted to that.  We're still trying to work this whole "One Embassy" on the main forums thing out.....it's a work in progress.

X4EfkAB.png

Until we amend our Axiomatic Definitions, here is the provisional policy Sigma will be adopting regarding treasures. Please let us know if you have any comments - we haven't discussed this extensively yet.

If a Sigma nation receives a treasure, whether by random allocation or through spoils of war (though the latter seems rather unlikely), the treasure will be made available for "sale" on a first-come, first-serve basis (however, if we receive several requests in a short period of time, we reserve the right to choose the buyer willing to pay the most). Once we've found a buyer, the Sigma member currently possessing the treasure will transfer his money and on-hand resources to the alliance bank, then decommission all of his ground forces. The buyer's nation (or another nation of his choosing, if he is acting on behalf of his alliance or a third-party) will then be allowed to attack the Sigma nation holding the treasure, provided he only performs 6 ground battles; any other nation who attacks the Sigma member while in this state will be dealt with as with any other raider.

Once the treasure has been transferred, the buyer will have to pay reparations for any destroyed infrastructure/improvements/land and pay for the re-militarization of the nation, back to the state where it was before the transaction was authorized; money and resources, whether stolen from the nation or the alliance bank, will also have to be paid back. In addition, the buyer has to pay a deposit before commencing the attack (the amount will be determined on a case-by-case basis for now, until we have an idea of how much these wars cost); the deposit will be returned once all damages have been paid for. The buyer may also choose to offer additional funds, if the treasure is being disputed by many parties, or as a gesture of good will.

Right now, one of our members, Lunan, has a treasure in his possession. Please contact me if you would like to purchase his treasure.

p15IoNT.gif

Of course this is announcement worthy.  Our forums are open for public viewing but only alliance members can make posts.

I can't entirely believe this until I've had forum admin. This way one can be sure there are no 'secret' areas.

MAKE ME AN ADMIN OR ADMIT YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I can't entirely believe this until I've had forum admin. This way one can be sure there are no 'secret' areas.

MAKE ME AN ADMIN OR ADMIT YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING!!!!!!

Sure, no problem, so long as you make me an admin of TEst's forums so that I can check you're not hiding anything either.  -_-

I'm serious, though - I can make a backup of our DB then give you temporary admin access, so long as you reciprocate.

I like this idea! Especially as you are an neutral alliance make it a neutral embassy! How are you all doing?

Things are going pretty well so far - we're setting up economic aid programs, financed through the generosity of our higher-ups. I think we're all a bit dismayed at the evolution of our color stock bonus, which has now plunged to 0.88%, but we chose brown for a reason and we'll stick to it.

p15IoNT.gif

Sure, no problem, so long as you make me an admin of TEst's forums so that I can check you're not hiding anything either. -_-

I'm serious, though - I can make a backup of our DB then give you temporary admin access, so long as you reciprocate

Have you seen our forums? I don't think anyone has any idea how to give anyone access to anything.

• Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png