A Official BoC Apologize

Lord Frostsword

Its really impossible for people to make that distinction when 'second in command of UPN' is right below the comment.

When you speak,you speak for UPN.

To further add on, even when you say you don't speak for UPN, you do. Its just the way it is. Regardless of rather your opinions are gospel in UPN, they're gospel here to some. 

Edited by Jroc
  • Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

To further add on, even when you say you don't speak for UPN, you do. Its just the way it is. Regardless of rather your opinions are gospel in UPN, they're gospel here to some. 

Exactly,the perception is that if this is the guy in charge and this is his opinion. Then this is the opinion in charge.

There are varying degrees to everything, and it entirely depends on the circumstances. I don't see what the big issue is in this particular case, or the situation with UPN/SK. Clearly this is not a systematic procedure that is being carried out, and every now and then applicants may get invites from recruiters. Sounds to me like people involved are being way over sensitive, and quite frankly insecure about their potential members. This "poaching" can only affect players willing to be "poached" (and I use the term loosely).  From my perspective, if someone leaves, they likely weren't the right fit anyway -- and its probably the for the best.

Furthermore I make a distinction between inviting people I have a relationship with or new people to the game, and sending out systematic texts to people you have had no interaction with and purely hope to hurt the alliance in question and boost your own stats up.

Maybe I am just more laid back. But melodramatic apologies, or threats of war over such things are pathetic from my perspective. And again, it's my perspective, not necessarily collectively UPN's.

You are gov (second in command) of UPN, so when you speak, you speak for the alliance, whether or not you think you do.  

Bolded:  I know a few alliances that had this attitude, they didn't last long.

Sending out recruitment messages to people on AAs (poaching) has always been considered a faux pas.  Again, do your research before sending out a recruitment message.  

You are gov (second in command) of UPN, so when you speak, you speak for the alliance, whether or not you think you do.  

Bolded:  I know a few alliances that had this attitude, they didn't last long.

Sending out recruitment messages to people on AAs (poaching) has always been considered a faux pas.  Again, do your research before sending out a recruitment message.  

No. When I say I am not speaking for UPN, it means I am not speaking for UPN. That doesn't mean that I am not representing UPN, it just means that I am outlining that the rest of the government, and therefore the alliance may not necessarily share my view. How you perceive it is entirely upto you, and you will make that judgement for yourself. From where I stand, I have absolutely no issue with being able to separate opinions of individuals, and the stances of the bigger entities they belong to.

Also nice to see SK are still rolling with the passive aggressive threats.  :lol:

Anyway we are getting off topic here, so let's not derail it any further.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

It was cool of BoC to do this; transparency is very important.  I made a mistake while I was in BoC and I apologized for it.  So this is still a good thread and I still o/ BoC.

That being said, alliances need to stop acting like they own their players, let alone players that haven't been accepted yet.

I was approached by other alliances while I was in BoC and I've been approached while in GPA.  Obviously I didn't accept their offers, but I wouldn't have done anything wrong if I had.

Players aren't slaves.  They have a right to hear all sides of the argument.  If your alliance is good and what you offer is good, you have nothing to fear.  If you get worked up when people from another alliance approach your applicants, what does that say about your confidence in your ability to attract membership?

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Who would have ever figured this would turn into a UPN fight thread.

Also, I would like to add that I nor does my command staff see our members as slaves nor do we treat them like slaves. Feel free to ask any of our members to clarify that.

The public apology was discussed by both parties - BoC stated they would make the announcement and we agreed on it. The fact of the matter here is a MISTAKE was made and recognized. This doesn't poke at anyone's membership or their leadership. Everyone makes mistakes, we just chose to handle it a different way - which sheds light on the issue of poaching and how both parties stand on that issue.

I sincerely appreciate BoC's apology and I know we both will move past this minor issue and live and grow in the White Sphere together.

That being said - feel free to continue your UPN shenanigans here.

BoCFlagmini_zpse73385b5.png    BoC Official Apologize   BoCWarFlagmini_zps847d5dce.png

Today, January 16, 2015, the BoC would like to make a public apologize to the Earth System Alliance(ESA). Following the disbanding of the La Famiglia alliance, our MoFA, Conroy attempted to recruit a former member of the La Famiglia alliance, whom at the time was a applicant of the ESA alliance, into the BoC Alliance. This is considered an act of Poaching, and is a matter that both alliances take very seriously. Conroy, has written his own apologize that i will now add below:

I, Conroy, Minister of Foreign Affairs, of the Brotherhood of the Clouds. Would like to publicly apologize to the Earth System Alliance, for the attempted poaching of there member Chytry while he was an ESA applicant. I was unaware at the time that this was considered an act of poaching. I fully understand now that this act was wrong, and hereby swear never to attempt to poach from another alliance ever again. I wish ESA the best in there path forward, and hope they can forgive me for my actions. I ask that you don't judge the BoC for this, as this was my mistake alone. The act of poaching is not tolerated in anyway by the BoC.

Sincerely,

Conroy

Conroy has been reprimanded and now understand the full weight of his actions. We hope the ESA will accept our apology and hope even more that we can move forward together, for the betterment of both of our alliances.

/s/

Lord Frostsword

President of the BoC

Why would you apologize? What are they going to do, call the P&W police. This is why this game is stale.

• Upvote 1

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

They have a right to hear all sides of the argument.  If your alliance is good and what you offer is good, you have nothing to fear.  If you get worked up when people from another alliance approach your applicants, what does that say about your confidence in your ability to attract membership?

Hopefully this isn't the official policy of the GPA government.  

I'll say this again in all caps, because a large portion of you still have not gotten it yet:  SENDING RECRUITMENT MESSAGES TO NATIONS ON AAs IS CONSIDERED POACHING AND IS NOT ACCEPTED IN THESE TYPES OF GAMES, AND IT ALSO CAN BE USED AS A VALID CB.  

No. When I say I am not speaking for UPN, it means I am not speaking for UPN. That doesn't mean that I am not representing UPN, it just means that I am outlining that the rest of the government, and therefore the alliance may not necessarily share my view. How you perceive it is entirely upto you, and you will make that judgement for yourself. From where I stand, I have absolutely no issue with being able to separate opinions of individuals, and the stances of the bigger entities they belong to.

Also nice to see SK are still rolling with the passive aggressive threats.  :lol:

Anyway we are getting off topic here, so let's not derail it any further.

Again, you failed in your research abilities.  I am not in SK.  

Edited by rapmanej

You're inability to differentiate the opinion of one person and an official alliance stance does not mean the two can't be independent of one another. I'm not entirely sure how UPN's government works, but I'm aware of many alliances that make collective decisions by those in government. Any leader worth their salt is going to listen to, and on occasion follow, the advice and opinions of their fellow government members, no matter their personal thoughts. 

Every single alliance rep in here shitting on BoC for saying sorry should be the ones ashamed. There is nothing wrong with being open and honest with the community and admitting a mistake.

You guys are nitpicking over something you aren't even involved with. Let BoC roll how they want. I'd rather see something classy and honorable than some of the !@#$ the lot of you have pulled in the past.

I haven't really seen anyone here shitting on BoC. What I see is confusion to see why this needed a public announcement. You claim we're nitpicking a situation in which we're not involved, but BoC made that argument feeble as soon as they posted a public announcement. If you're going to air you dirty laundry, you're bound to receive some undesirable feedback. 

Edited by Cody K
  • Upvote 1

I'll say this again in all caps, because a large portion of you still have not gotten it yet:  SENDING RECRUITMENT MESSAGES TO NATIONS ON AAs IS CONSIDERED POACHING AND IS NOT ACCEPTED IN THESE TYPES OF GAMES, AND IT ALSO CAN BE USED AS A VALID CB.  

Again, you failed in your research abilities.  I am not in SK.  

I'm trying to feign surprise that someone in a wrestling-themed alliance would shout at me.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How could it possibly be? Ashland isn't even in our government. What a stupid thing to say.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I'm trying to feign surprise that someone in a wrestling-themed alliance would shout at me.

Didn't you hear? Orbis has laws now.

Yes, it's common sense not to poach. Yes, airing dirty laundry will have people shitpost and nitpick.

My point here was that every single alliance posting has committed some kind of taboo, ours included. Shit happens, you say my bad, and move on. There is no reason to come at BoC and give them shit for owning up to a mistake when half of you here posting are nowhere close to saints.

q8nfyvc.gif

How could it possibly be? Ashland isn't even in our government. What a stupid thing to say.

It could only be dumber if he had said it in all ca- Oh, wait.

And I... have given BoC zero shit.  Though idk if you were addressing me, Jodo, or just spring-boarding off of my sarcastic comment.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

And I... have given BoC zero !@#$. Though idk if you were addressing me, Jodo, or just spring-boarding off of my sarcastic comment.

Spring boarding. Too lazy to make two posts. My bad if I gave you that impression.

q8nfyvc.gif

Spring boarding. Too lazy to make two posts. My bad if I gave you that impression.

Nah.  Kinda assumed.

aUel2fG.png

There is no reason to come at BoC and give them !@#$ for owning up to a mistake when half of you here posting are nowhere close to saints.

I don't what you've heard, but people considered changing my title from King to Pope.  :)

We all know he has to be right if he's yelling... right?

hey thats pretty funny  :lol:

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

My point here was that every single alliance posting has committed some kind of taboo, ours included. !@#$ happens, you say my bad, and move on. There is no reason to come at BoC and give them !@#$ for owning up to a mistake when half of you here posting are nowhere close to saints.

"Daemons and mortals alike may have dignity.  Only the vacillator, the equivocator, the cautious--only he has no place in the heavens." - Targutai Yesugei, Reflections

php9BQiIRAM.jpg