The Aqua War (winding up/winding down)

Nokia Rokia

4 hours ago, Fine said:

More damage doesn't mean won. It just means it was a heavy victory for TCM, but a victory nonetheless.

The word you are looking for is pyrrhic. A pyrrhic victory is the best case scenario here for TCM getting their butts punched in by a gaggle of micros. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

To be honest, TCM has nobody to blame but themselves. Them and BroFam should have realistically beaten them easily, however they chose not to follow basic tactics, and fought over what is essentially a useless bloc. If I were in charge of TCM, I'd probably do a temporary color bloc switch during the duration of the war to maximize income, crippling the color block bonus per turn of the enemies. An extra 70k per turn per member would be game-changing. 

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Wait so TCM was paying people to leave the worst color in the game to move to colors with a better bonus?  And then they went to war over it because the other alliances wouldnt leave?  I will never understand micros.  But I guess you make your own fun.

Someone has to fight over the  second place first place loser spot. What better a hill to die on than Aqua?

Edited by Diocletian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

On 11/20/2023 at 12:58 PM, TwoBadgersInASack said:

Random criticism containing skill issues and dumb remarks.

Um I assume your referring to swapping to Green where our enemies were and na there is no point in that unless I wanna fight T$ which I don't.

Now about basic tactics our C16 wall was largely unscathed the entire war our main issues stemmed from a bunch of C10s and C11s being out of range, then we have the KT C40+ down declares.

Our largest member is a C37 that refuses to build tanks so losing the C30s was bound to happen cause our Second largest is a C35.

Our C20s got hit by a bunch of C30+ nations again from untreatied alliances that were hired to hit us making most of our damages not from the Micros we fought but rather the Mercs and Raiders that had a massive advantage.

Now the reason we sustain heavy dmgs in those areas is just because anyone who got dragged down after the KT hits just got shaved up by TCW members who were something we were winning against till we started all receiving 10 to 15 city down declares.

I'm a C27, a C47 and C43 and C45 all hit me.

What basic tactic should I have used? I'm all ears.

14 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

"our main issues stemmed from a bunch of C10s and C11s being out of range"

"Our largest member is a C37 that refuses to build tanks"

Shave off the people not doing anything or benefiting your alliance. Don't worry so much about score but worry about bloat.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

11 hours ago, Alan said:

Shave off the people not doing anything or benefiting your alliance. Don't worry so much about score but worry about bloat.

Alan, it's things like these that get you and your alliance into trouble. Do you not remember last time what happen when you called an alliance a bloated alliance? Does FSO ring the bell?

On 11/22/2023 at 12:48 AM, Nokia Rokia said:

Um I assume your referring to swapping to Green where our enemies were and na there is no point in that unless I wanna fight T$ which I don't.

Now about basic tactics our C16 wall was largely unscathed the entire war our main issues stemmed from a bunch of C10s and C11s being out of range, then we have the KT C40+ down declares.

Our largest member is a C37 that refuses to build tanks so losing the C30s was bound to happen cause our Second largest is a C35.

Our C20s got hit by a bunch of C30+ nations again from untreatied alliances that were hired to hit us making most of our damages not from the Micros we fought but rather the Mercs and Raiders that had a massive advantage.

Now the reason we sustain heavy dmgs in those areas is just because anyone who got dragged down after the KT hits just got shaved up by TCW members who were something we were winning against till we started all receiving 10 to 15 city down declares.

I'm a C27, a C47 and C43 and C45 all hit me.

You are a C27, BUT the biggest nation to hit you was a c41, me, who had to do a double buy with 650 avg infra to be in range while you were maxed with infra. Go figure. There was no c47, c45, c43 that hit you. Keep rage baiting. 

On another note, I'm in BiC not KT, and I don't believe any KT members c40+ hit TCM. As for my involvement? I was a mercenary, as can be seen on BiC's alliance page. 

Cry more.

10 hours ago, Tomislav Milanovic said:

Alan, it's things like these that get you and your alliance into trouble. Do you not remember last time what happen when you called an alliance a bloated alliance? Does FSO ring the bell?

FSO IS a bloated shithole. Alan is not wrong in this case.

• Like 2

Janny Larpers

9 hours ago, Denison said:

You are a C27, BUT the biggest nation to hit you was a c41, me, who had to do a double buy with 650 avg infra to be in range while you were maxed with infra. Go figure. There was no c47, c45, c43 that hit you. Keep rage baiting. 

On another note, I'm in BiC not KT, and I don't believe any KT members c40+ hit TCM. As for my involvement? I was a mercenary, as can be seen on BiC's alliance page. 

Cry more.

As someone who used to routinely faceoff against nations with far more cities, I could see where they start to blend a bit.  You're right, largest city count he faced was c41.  On the other hand, don't expect him to be happy facing off against mercenaries/raiding alliance members with 38, 36, 41, and 30 cities respectively.  Indeed, only two of the ten nations he fought the entire war had fewer cities than he did.

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

As someone who used to routinely faceoff against nations with far more cities, I could see where they start to blend a bit.  You're right, largest city count he faced was c41.  On the other hand, don't expect him to be happy facing off against mercenaries/raiding alliance members with 38, 36, 41, and 30 cities respectively.  Indeed, only two of the ten nations he fought the entire war had fewer cities than he did.

How are NPO and WTF crying about down-declares after dogpiling Camelot? They outnumbered their enemies 30 to 1 and still lost. Get gud and learn from your enemies.

34 minutes ago, AustinH said:

How are NPO and WTF crying about down-declares after dogpiling Camelot? They outnumbered their enemies 30 to 1 and still lost. Get gud and learn from your enemies.

We learned far more from KT actually.  No, in your case it was a glorious little adventure, smashing your upper tier down into your middle tier and then playing Whack-a-Mole whenever your one of your poor upper tier nations dared to buy up back into range.  Eventually your upper tier nations figured out that it was mostly pointless I guess, so we had to sell off mil to get back into range to pick some people off.  Oh sure your lower tier did well against us, but it's not like you didn't vastly outnumber WTF in that range.

WTF didn't lose to Camelot. If anything we got bored waiting for Polaris to decide to peace you out because the point was made (FYI: your boss is terrible negotiator and his act became tiresome).  When they refused, we gave them a deadline to make peace.  As I recall we even extended it a bit.  When that didn't work, we and the other alliances (all except TCM) peaced you out anyway and let Polaris fight on without us.

Also for the 6,745th time...

NPO = New Pacific Order aka Pacifica

NpO - New Polar Order aka Polaris

Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, George Clooney said:

We learned far more from KT actually.  No, in your case it was a glorious little adventure, smashing your upper tier down into your middle tier and then playing Whack-a-Mole whenever your one of your poor upper tier nations dared to buy up back into range.  Eventually your upper tier nations figured out that it was mostly pointless I guess, so we had to sell off mil to get back into range to pick some people off.  Oh sure your lower tier did well against us, but it's not like you didn't vastly outnumber WTF in that range.

WTF didn't lose to Camelot. If anything we got bored waiting for Polaris to decide to peace you out because the point was made (FYI: your boss is terrible negotiator and his act became tiresome).  When they refused, we gave them a deadline to make peace.  As I recall we even extended it a bit.  When that didn't work, we and the other alliances (all except TCM) peaced you out anyway and let Polaris fight on without us.

Also for the 6,745th time...

NPO = New Pacific Order aka Pacifica

NpO - New Polar Order aka Polaris

Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.

You're forgetting we dragged all of NPO down before we granted you peace. We also rolled all your other allies including the mercenaries like Borg you outsourced the war to. 70% of NPO and 40% of WTF's nations no longer exist.

WTF didn't exactly score a remarkable victory and the post war situation is in our favor. NPO no longer exists, WTF never recruited again, and Cam has more C30s than you do.

You lost the war, you lost the peace, and you'll lose the next one too.

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, AustinH said:

You're forgetting we dragged all of NPO down before we granted you peace. We also rolled all your other allies including the mercenaries like Borg you outsourced the war to. 70% of NPO and 40% of WTF's nations no longer exist.

WTF didn't exactly score a remarkable victory and the post war situation is in our favor. NPO no longer exists, WTF never recruited again, and Cam has more C30s than you do.

You lost the war, you lost the peace, and you'll lose the next one too.

Amusing.  I think what's most interesting though is that every single assertion save one (Borg was involved, so was Arrgh, and I developed a new appreciation for them as assault troops) you just made is wrong.  Quite the accomplishment.  You're boss would be proud.  

Edited by George Clooney