Resource Icons

Alex

Yeah mobile users have problems distinguishing them. But as my nation doesn't produce either iron or lead, its not that big a deal to me.

I agree they need to be changed, but to what? Here are some suggestions. Anvil is a great symbol for iron or maybe a horse shoe? what is a good symbol for aluminum...beer can? For lead?...fishing or car tire weights? Munitions?...bullets and bombs? Oil?...oil well or Derek, maybe an old oil squirt can? Bauxite? Who knows. Uranium?... Radiation symbol or cooling tower? Gas?... Gas can or gas pump? Steel?...Gutters or maybe framed skyscraper?

What do you see when picturing these resources?

I'd use an anvil for Iron, and aluminum pipes for, well, aluminum. With lead I would probably keep it and just make it a bit lighter, but wouldn't touch the other things.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yeah but I couldn't tell if those were aluminum or lead pipes.

The point was to get new symbols that depicted the resource. Lead isn't used much in real life anymore as it tends to poison people. Lead mining was prominent in southern Wisconsin during the 18th-20th centuries, but all but died out now. What do you picture in your mind when you hear the word lead? I picture fishing weights. The really big river/ ocean weights. Not the crimp on the line circle weights.

I seriously cannot understand why you would put cabbage and bacon as a resource. Why?

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Uranium now looks like a slice of kiwi fruit, and bauxite now looks like bacon. :x

Yea what's the cabbage and the bagels for?

I seriously cannot understand why you would put cabbage and bacon as a resource. Why?

God, you people are annoying. They all look different from one another now. What's the problem?
  • Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Well the main problem is one of them looks like a cabbage

As well as bacon, I mean what the $@!&???!??

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

• Administrators

I've been tinkering with the icons and haven't decided on the best combinations yet. The important part is that they look different, which they do now.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

With cabbage and bacon. Sounds like cabbage rolls tonight.....

What do you picture in your mind when you hear the word lead? 

Bullets (but munitions is already a resource)

The important part is that they look different, which they do now.

Lead and Iron look really similar. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Yeah some of the changes are great, the issues now are Iron and Uranium which currently just look like blobs, whilst the others are nice and discernible. I'd think about changing the oil one as that seems to be a database icon.

Edit: if you want discern-ability, try these.

9nDo7X3.png

EQJr7nq.png

r9Qx4Us.png

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

The gas icon doesnt look that good.

It's Sheepy's choice, that's why we put things at a vote around here!

Yeah some of the changes are great, the issues now are Iron and Uranium which currently just look like blobs, whilst the others are nice and discernible. I'd think about changing the oil one as that seems to be a database icon.

Edit: if you want discern-ability, try these.

9nDo7X3.png

EQJr7nq.png

r9Qx4Us.png

Love the uranium, looks less like a blob of green.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

• Administrators

Let's keep things back on topic here. Honestly, again what we need is a nice custom made set from someone. I know we've received one submission, but I'd like to take a look at some more stuff (and possibly even buy a nice set from a graphic artist if necessary).

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Let's keep things back on topic here. Honestly, again what we need is a nice custom made set from someone. I know we've received one submission, but I'd like to take a look at some more stuff (and possibly even buy a nice set from a graphic artist if necessary).

I'll try to make a set once I'm back in my state (or stuck at an airport because of a delay). 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png