Q&A on EoS Disbandment

Garrett Tipton

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what happened to EoS internally in the week or so leading up to Casey leaving the game. I have been in EoS for several months, and I was Minister of the Internal Affairs for the past four months, so I feel qualified to answer any questions you may have from the beginning of the war with TAC through the disbandment. Fire away, and I'll do my best to answer your questions as thoroughly as possible.

kid-totally-gets-wiped-out-by-waves.gif

You don't need to care, but somebody might. There's been a lot of speculation, and I detest misinformation.

There is no speculation. I am right and everyone else is wrong. keep up, mate.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Simple, not all in EoS believe in the war. Certain government members even tried to disuade Casey from declaring war. But he is too stuborn to listen. Declared a war which not everyone thinks is justified. Got rolled. Saw the difficult rebuilding process. Many were inactive or wasnt listening to directive. And when some government leaders left for Rose, thats the last straw. Casey left and disbanded the Eos. 

• Upvote 1

What happened to EoS? Why they are disbanded?

That's a vague question. So vague in fact, that it makes me think it's a pity question. At any rate, Bernard is partially right. While Casey was pretty much the only one that wanted the war, there was more outrage over our involvement in WWA than in this war. Cyradis and JHH (our King and MoD) left soon after the war ended. The very next day, Casey told me he was quitting the game and merging EoS with UPN. This was rather abrupt because just a day or so before that, we were discussing plans to institute an academy for new members. Normally, he would have handed control over to Wisd0mtree (the new king), but he didn't. When asked why he didn't do that, he said "I would have to dislike someone extremely to put them in charge of EoS."

Edited by Garrett Tipton

What was wrong with WWA?

They mostly fought The Corn Shuckers... Who they had an NAP with until they declared on them.

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

What was wrong with WWA?

What Pub said. Also, many of our members felt like VoC brought that on themselves and shouldn't be bailed out.

PS. DEIC: Thank you so much for bailing us out this time.

what is their reason for declaring war? i wasn't around when all this happened.

Phiney answered you sufficiently. We had an MDoAP with VOC, which outranked the NAP.

Edited by Garrett Tipton

What Pub said. Also, many of our members felt like VoC brought that on themselves and shouldn't be bailed out.

PS. DEIC: Thank you so much for bailing us out this time.

To be honest it was a different period, going into reset without fighting is kinda sad.

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

If Casey pressured EoS into the war did he also pressure the allies into the war?

I don't know if he pressured our allies into war, but I suspect that he didn't. UPN and DEIC are extremely loyal, and I doubt it would take much for them to help out a friend in need.

Which war? WWA or the more recent one?

nobody was in eos during the more recent war so i'm talking about the war where they, upn, and deic fought tac

who was it in gov who was against the war, and what was/were their reasons for being against it?

nobody was in eos during the more recent war so i'm talking about the war where they, upn, and deic fought tac

who was it in gov who was against the war, and what was/were their reasons for being against it?

I'm not going to say who was against it, but the reasoning was that when casey gave the logs to the alliance, there were no screenshots, so there was no way of verifying the validity of the logs. What was given to us could have been written out in a word document (even though TAC later confirmed the logs). Also, some felt that preempting TAC was a PR nightmare that would only make us look even worse in the international community (which it did).

I'm not going to say who was against it, but the reasoning was that when casey gave the logs to the alliance, there were no screenshots, so there was no way of verifying the validity of the logs. What was given to us could have been written out in a word document (even though TAC later confirmed the logs). Also, some felt that preempting TAC was a PR nightmare that would only make us look even worse in the international community (which it did).

you shouldn't make a Q&A thread and then give a half-response to the first penetrating question you get.

there was resistance to the idea of hitting TAC before i ever became involved on the eve of the war, and we know that at least one of those government members was a spy for TAC when he immediately dumped the CB and fled.

moreover, the only people who thought EoS looked bad for doing what they did were people who wanted EoS to lose. so if you actually believe that, you're incapable of discerning who your real friends and enemies are, which is probably why you were against the war that everybody, if they were being honest with you, would admit was going to happen sooner or later no matter what.

you shouldn't make a Q&A thread and then give a half-response to the first penetrating question you get.

OMG, I'm agreeing with Hereno twice in one day.  Maybe I better re-read my Marxist-Leninist tracts in this new light!

It seems like Casey was the force behind disbandment, and that if he was done with EoS, it would have been more proper to hand over control to the King and let him figure out what to do.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy