Q&A on EoS Disbandment

Garrett Tipton

The very next day, Casey told me he was quitting the game and merging EoS with UPN.

I was in EoS during the war; unless I truly can't read, the last announcement I saw before I left said that EoS was merging with GPA. I don't remember who posted it, though I'm fairly sure it was Casey, and I didn't think to take a screenshot. I applied to GPA and haven't regretted it, as neutrality suits me well, though I remain a bit confused as to why I ever saw that announcement when the merger was in fact with UPN. Do you know anything about this?

Why does EoS still exist as an alliance affiliation as opposed to TAC, which has been fully disbanded?

Has Casey truly left? His nation shows him having logged in 3 days ago.

Edit: phrasing

Edited by elsuper

hxvRjGK.jpg

you shouldn't make a Q&A thread and then give a half-response to the first penetrating question you get.

Very well. I can't answer your question fully because not everybody in gov spoke up, but casey was the only one who actually said anything in support of the war. None of the rest of us (from what I can tell) supported the war based on TAC plotting against us. I can see positives from the war, (brief increased activity in the alliance and a boost to the market) but to act like those logs were justification for war is simply ridiculous. 

EDIT: At what point am I allowed to give a half-response to a penetrating question? 5 questions? 7?  :P

I was in EoS during the war; unless I truly can't read, the last announcement I saw before I left said that EoS was merging with GPA. I don't remember who posted it, though I'm fairly sure it was Casey, and I didn't think to take a screenshot. I applied to GPA and haven't regretted it, as neutrality suits me well, though I remain a bit confused as to why I ever saw that announcement when the merger was in fact with UPN. Do you know anything about this?

Why does EoS still exist as an alliance affiliation as opposed to TAC, which has been fully disbanded?

Has Casey truly left? His nation shows him having logged in 3 days ago.

Edit: phrasing

lol. Casey did have an announcement  saying to join UPN, not GPA, but congrats on finding an alliance you like. As for why EoS exists, I can't tell you. Last I talked to Casey, he was intent on quitting the game and deleting EoS, but he's kept the alliance up and withdrew $583,000 three days ago followed by the purchase of several raw materials (primarily Iron). He did tell me he intends to log in every once in a while to keep his nation from being deleted automatically.

Edited by Garrett Tipton

kid-totally-gets-wiped-out-by-waves.gif

The King who left for Rose at the same time.

Wisd0mtree became king (briefly) once Cyradis left, so Casey could have given him control instead of deleting it.

I can't tell you guys what Casey's personal reasoning was for saying he was going to delete EoS and then not doing that (because I'm not him). What I can tell you about are the events that led up to the disbandment and the state of the alliance in its last days.

EDIT: Additional details.

Edited by Garrett Tipton

it would have been nice to see wisd0mtree in control of EoS rather than have the whole thing go kaput

not even saying that because it would have saved us a lot of trouble

>EDIT: At what point am I allowed to give a half-response to a penetrating question? 5 questions? 7? :P

yes :P

in response to none of the alliance being in favor of the war, well, i'm not sure if that says more about casey or more about the alliance, but it certainly says something. and is a bit surprising, all things considered.

it would have been nice to see wisd0mtree in control of EoS rather than have the whole thing go kaput

This doesn't happen very often, so I think it's interesting whenever someone new takes over an already successful alliance. 

At any rate, EoS had so many problems that with everyone in government leaving (except wisd0mtree), it would have been difficult, if not impossible to continue for very long.

not even saying that because it would have saved us a lot of trouble

>EDIT: At what point am I allowed to give a half-response to a penetrating question? 5 questions? 7? :P

yes :P

in response to none of the alliance being in favor of the war, well, i'm not sure if that says more about casey or more about the alliance, but it certainly says something. and is a bit surprising, all things considered.

My impression from world war alpha was that at least some of EoS enjoyed war, so I would have thought Casey would have more support.

Why did most of EoS' gov go to Rose instead of UPN?

Assuming what Shellhound said is true, those members opposed to the war are those who went from EoS to Rose, which I think mainly consist of the government members of EoS. Why didn't you guys stage a coup against Casey before the war?  Then the war wouldn't have happen and EoS would still be around?

My impression from world war alpha was that at least some of EoS enjoyed war, so I would have thought Casey would have more support.

Why did most of EoS' gov go to Rose instead of UPN?

Well, we love war. We're just not huge fans of declaring war. We prefer to bail people out instead of being bailed out. It makes us look better.  :D

I went to Rose because that's where our active members were going. The first ones to leave all have their own reasons, but we all kinda wanted to distance ourselves from EoS as much as possible, and how much further away can you get than the enemy? 

EDIT: Seriously though, their DoE and members were major factors in my decision.

Why didn't you guys stage a coup against Casey before the war?  Then the war wouldn't have happen and EoS would still be around?

1. We were opposed to the war, but we love to fight (see above).

2. We are too lazy to stage a coup.

3. EoS might not be around today, even without the war (although I agree, it likely would be around).

Why was EoS not merged into the mighty Halls of the Dead?

Because we don't want to cramp Jodo's style.

Edited by Garrett Tipton

3. EoS might not be around today, even without the war (although I agree, it likely would be around).

Well said. I think EoS is just a group of inactive players though. It's only Casey, Cyradis, and JHH who is actively interacts with others P&W players both on forum & IRC.

This doesn't happen very often, so I think it's interesting whenever someone new takes over an already successful alliance. 

At any rate, EoS had so many problems that with everyone in government leaving (except wisd0mtree), it would have been difficult, if not impossible to continue for very long.

Not impossible to continue, difficult? Mostly. 

2 Government members is better than just 1. 

IpHGyGc.png