Guardian announcement towards DEIC.

Prefontaine

It says a lot about your alliance that you backtracked so quickly. 

Why do you feel you were wrong for placing the embargoes?

That's a little harsh for trying to extend the olive branch. Let's instead attempt moving forward and seeing if we can work this out so we can all start making fat stacks again.

• Upvote 1

Shows what?

We could have:

1. Done nothing

2. Waited longer 

3. Extended it

4. Remove it    (what we did)

What would you have done? It shows nothing about our alliance. What about you, using 1 member who arbitrarily demanded 100k, put him in the pillory, and defame a whole alliance for that action.Does this show something about the way your alliance handles things, or how you handle things?

You know why we didn't say sth. about his action? 

Because its plain petty. Instead of diffaming, doing nothing would have been also ok.

And with friends i didn't mean you especially, it's just a phrase, i meant going back to status quo.

I really don't have anything against you, but you really can be conceited sometimes.

With Prefontaine making this huge post, we just may have disgruntled more Guardian members then we wanted (and we wanted just 1).

As for the embargo, those things just dont work in orbis the same effective as in the real world.

You would at least have to be embargoes by 75% of all players including the most rich ones.

All this is written in my Name and is not the opinion of the VoC.

If I may intercede here. If you're not speaking for DEIC, then your olive branch meant nothing.

As far as calling Placentica out about his handling of the young chap who thought extortion would be a good idea, let's not not forget that this was at the time that DEIC had issued an order for their entire alliance to embargo him. It is quite understandable that during that commotion, the additional threat of extortion was a bit much and he decided to use it to make an example of the situation.

As Prefontaine said in the original post, when word of the embargo order reached us, he reached out to talk to Diablos about the order. And was simply told that Diablos was "protecting his members" from someone he deemed a threat to their economical safety. Nevermind that Diablos, at the time, was conducting trading in the exact same manner.

• Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Shows what?

We could have:

1. Done nothing

2. Waited longer 

3. Extended it

4. Remove it    (what we did)

What would you have done? It shows nothing about our alliance. What about you, using 1 member who arbitrarily demanded 100k, put him in the pillory, and defame a whole alliance for that action.Does this show something about the way your alliance handles things, or how you handle things?

You know why we didn't say sth. about his action? 

Because its plain petty. Instead of diffaming, doing nothing would have been also ok.

And with friends i didn't mean you especially, it's just a phrase, i meant going back to status quo.

I really don't have anything against you, but you really can be conceited sometimes.

With Prefontaine making this huge post, we just may have disgruntled more Guardian members then we wanted (and we wanted just 1).

As for the embargo, those things just dont work in orbis the same effective as in the real world.

You would at least have to be embargoes by 75% of all players including the most rich ones.

All this is written in my Name and is not the opinion of the VoC.

So the Voc government still thinks that they are right to impose the embargo? If you dont represent the government then why are you posting this ? Shouldnt it be their job to respond? And apparently you miss out the main point of the post, Prefontaine sort of hinted in Guardian is all for one and one for all. So what do you really think you could disgrunt only one without the others?

Edited by Bernard1

If I may intercede here. If you're not speaking for DEIC, then your olive branch meant nothing.

As far as calling Placentica out about his handling of the young chap who thought extortion would be a good idea, let's not not forget that this was at the time that DEIC had issued an order for their entire alliance to embargo him. It is quite understandable that during that commotion, the additional threat of extortion was a bit much and he decided to use it to make an example of the situation.

As Prefontaine said in the original post, when word of the embargo order reached us, he reached out to talk to Diablos about the order. And was simply told that Diablos was "protecting his members" from someone he deemed a threat to their economical safety. Nevermind that Diablos, at the time, was conducting trading in the exact same manner.

Makes me wonder why the members needs to be protected back then and now the protection is no longer needed? 

Makes me wonder why the members needs to be protected back then and now the protection is no longer needed? 

This demonstrates a bit of a misunderstanding of the situation at hand. 

As several people in this thread have mentioned, embargoes are a bit of a toothless action. They are essentially a formal way of saying "I don't want to buy your resources, and I don't want you to buy my resources." Embargoes in their most basic form are not a political action, just another way to not buy someone's resources on the market.

That is how this whole debate started, over economics. Placentica was "manipulating" the market in the sense that he was undercutting a lot of people, including many in our alliance.

The issue was not that others, including some in DEIC, were doing it as well, it's that he was. Thus, many people decided they didn't want to buy his resources, and simply provide him with more funding, and an embargo was proposed as a way to codify that. Thus it went into effect, becoming a bit of a policy and several Guardian members counter-embargoed, as was their right to do so. Once again, the purpose was not to punish anyone who undercuts, or extort money, as some have assumed, but to not empower further an economic competitor.  

In the end, however, Guardian has turned this into a political issue from an economic one, particularly with this post. That said, this is not to blame Placentica for his handling of the extortion issue, or to issue a condemnation of his market practices, which he is not the only one practicing. In addition, this is not to criticize Guardian's handling of the issue, although a massive debacle could probably have been avoided. This issue has received far more attention and publicity than a simple embargo probably warrants, and we are actively trying to resolve the political divide between the two alliances. Wilhelm was simply trying to extend an olive branch, but has received an unwarranted harshness in response.  There is no need for the embargo to remain such a polarizing issue, and both alliances have made commendable effort thus far to move past this.

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

If you think an embargo is apolitical, you are seriously delusional.

Do a sense a bit of resentment in your post?  ;)

Embargoes are useless and complaining about them on the OWF is overkill. Honestly, this whole situation is relatively childish.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

As several people in this thread have mentioned, embargoes are a bit of a toothless action. They are essentially a formal way of saying "I don't want to buy your resources, and I don't want you to buy my resources." Embargoes in their most basic form are not a political action, just another way to not buy someone's resources on the market.

That is how this whole debate started, over economics. Placentica was "manipulating" the market in the sense that he was undercutting a lot of people, including many in our alliance.

The issue was not that others, including some in DEIC, were doing it as well, it's that he was. Thus, many people decided they didn't want to buy his resources, and simply provide him with more funding, and an embargo was proposed as a way to codify that. Thus it went into effect, becoming a bit of a policy and several Guardian members counter-embargoed, as was their right to do so. Once again, the purpose was not to punish anyone who undercuts, or extort money, as some have assumed, but to not empower further an economic competitor.  

In the end, however, Guardian has turned this into a political issue from an economic one, particularly with this post. That said, this is not to blame Placentica for his handling of the extortion issue, or to issue a condemnation of his market practices, which he is not the only one practicing. In addition, this is not to criticize Guardian's handling of the issue, although a massive debacle could probably have been avoided. This issue has received far more attention and publicity than a simple embargo probably warrants, and we are actively trying to resolve the political divide between the two alliances. Wilhelm was simply trying to extend an olive branch, but has received an unwarranted harshness in response.  There is no need for the embargo to remain such a polarizing issue, and both alliances have made commendable effort thus far to move past this.

While I agree that this entire debacle could have been resolved, it was not. When Prefontaine approached Diablos about the embargo order to begin with, he was met with disregard. As was stated, the alliance embargo would be done if the order from DEIC was not removed. It was not. There was more than enough time for the order to have been rescinded between the conversation and the placement of our counter embargo.

Once all embargoes have been lifted, we will rescind our order for embargo and the situation will be resolved. There is no disdain, simply a reaction to an action.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Do a sense a bit of resentment in your post? ;)

Embargoes are useless and complaining about them on the OWF is overkill. Honestly, this whole situation is relatively childish.

Resentment? I've never been embargoes by someone whose embargo affected me. That doesn't mean they're apolitical, though.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Resentment? I've never been embargoes by someone whose embargo affected me. 

If they don't effect you, why complain about it?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Umm.

I never did?

Really? Cause that's not what I heard/dealt with.

Unlike some people, I won't push you because I'm fairly certain you know what I'm talking about  ;)

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yes, I know what you're talking about, and you're completely misinterpreting it.

We didn't have a policy as an alliance how to deal with embargoes, and so when I was embargoed, I asked if we thought we should have one.

That's all. Don Juan got super carried away.

Edited to add: To be fair, though, your guy could've been less of a poopy head about it. The embargo was meaningless, but the messages were just mean. *cries*

Edited by Grillick

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Edited to add: To be fair, though, your guy could've been less of a poopy head about it. The embargo was meaningless, but the messages were just mean. *cries*

hahaha.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It is always others at fault, at fault for manipulating , at fault  for turning it into political issue, at fault for highlighting your member's attempt to extort them. DEIC can never do wrong. That's the whole idea. TheNG stop trying to make others make look bad in order to cover the !@#$ you guys created. Trust me you guys will look better if you would just appologise and admit is your fault to impose the embargo, otherwise this drama wouldnt have happened. Period.

Edited by Bernard1

It is always others at fault, at fault for manipulating , at fault  for turning it into political issue, at fault for highlighting your member's attempt to extort them. DEIC can never do wrong. That's the whole idea. TheNG stop trying to make others make look bad in order to cover the !@#$ you guys created. Trust me you guys will look better if you would just appologise and admit is your fault to impose the embargo, otherwise this drama wouldnt have happened. Period.

That said, this is not to blame Placentica for his handling of the extortion issue, or to issue a condemnation of his market practices, which he is not the only one practicing.

Please Bernard, find the place where I blame Placentica for existing, or what he did during the extortion issue. Please.  If I'm trying to make people look bad, then what are you doing? Tell me, has DEIC ever said that we didn't start the embargo? It isn't some big secret, and I'm not trying to "cover" for anything, Prefontaine posted the whole story at the start of the topic. Guardian was perfectly free to follow the path they choose for this, and the issue is resolving itself. Forgive me if I won't bother to take PR advice from a guy whose 13 posts are entirely ill-informed !@#$ posting

Edit:

You are right about one thing, DEIC never can do wrong

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

well I guess this was made into a major embargo incident for some reason (sign)

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Oh god, can we just ignore Bernard?

There is a button, I don't remember where it is though.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win