i provided the logs that set off the powderkeg. who are you in all of this?

Phiney

Hereno's talking remarkably less !@#$.

i've actually been busy re-reading emma goldman's "the place of the individual in society"

what, exactly, were you expecting me to say, though?

i wasn't really sure if we would be attacked.

on one hand, pubstomper is as see-through and amusing while doing it as abbas is, and i knew he would be gunning for us

but on the other hand, i didn't figure anybody would be so stupid as to screw with us given the lengths i am willing to go to pursue grudges. especially not an alliance i had made several overtures to before in the name of making the red color not completely awful. but then nobody here actually thinks long-term, and probably for good reason given the way things have been going...

i guess the combination of no treaties and a lack of preparedness bit us in the !@#$ here a bit, but the silver lining is that we're untested in war and that i have relatively little experience with it on an administrative level (in this world, at least), so this will be a nice low-risk training exercise for SI

edit: fixed the link

Edited by Hereno

on one hand, pubstomper is as see-through and amusing while doing it as abbas is, and i knew he would be gunning for us

If you honestly think I had anything to do with this, then you are sadly mistaken. 

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Tutorial: How to make long term strategies? Hereno-style.

Read this.... the bolded part

i've actually been busy re-reading emma goldman's "the place of the individual in society"

but on the other hand, i didn't figure anybody would be so stupid as to screw with us given the lengths i am willing to go to pursue grudges. especially not an alliance i had made several overtures to before in the name of making the red color not completely awful. but then nobody here actually thinks long-term, and probably for good reason given the way things have been going...

Now read below, again the bolded part...

i guess the combination of no treaties and a lack of preparedness bit us in the !@#$ here a bit, but the silver lining is that we're untested in war and that i have relatively little experience with it on an administrative level (in this world, at least), so this will be a nice low-risk training exercise for SI

I have nothing more to say.

Edit: Only long term foresight I saw in that paragraph was that it would provide "low-risk training exercise" to you. That would be beneficial for you in the next version of the game, given that(i) your alliance survives that long, (ii)mechanics of war don't change much, (iii)your knowledge does not get rusty and (iv)you still play the game.

Edited by Niklaus
  • Upvote 2

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Tutorial: How to make long term strategies? Hereno-style.

Read this.... the bolded part

Now read below, again the bolded part...

I have nothing more to say.

Edit: Only long term foresight I saw in that paragraph was that it would provide "low-risk training exercise" to you. That would be beneficial for you in the next version of the game, given that(i) your alliance survives that long, (ii)mechanics of war don't change much, (iii)your knowledge does not get rusty and (iv)you still play the game.

and people say i'm full of myself

this guy literally calls himself socrates and makes posts like this

• Upvote 1

Uh... there is no next version of the game. Hereno sowed his field, now he reaps his crops. Will he be able to recover from this? Absolutely.

As to the low-risk, the only thing low-risk about this is the fact that they're already at war so they can post without worrying that someone will take them up on their words.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

what, exactly, were you expecting me to say, though?

i wasn't really sure if we would be attacked.

Let's take this piece by piece.

P-1: Stop being a !@#$.

P-2: You've been able to talk plenty of !@#$ when you were riding EoS' !@#$, but as I thought you don't talk as much !@#$ without a half decent alliance to back you up.

P-3: Then you're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

P-4: You're trying to sound smart but you look like a !@#$ retard because TAC didn't know about this lol.

P-5: No one is actually afraid of you like you think they are. Seriously, it's almost funny but I know you're serious so it's kind of sad. "Oh no, an irrelevant leader of a mediocre alliance doesn't like me, what will I do?!"

P-6: "but then nobody here actually thinks long-term" Well maybe you don't, but that's because you think you're smarter than everyone and that people are afraid of you and because of that you believed you couldn't be attacked.

And yes, you will claim that you got TAC declared on and that's just one example of what you can do when you hold a grudge. Your only ally disbanded, TAC turned into Rose who is stronger than ever, and what's even worse is you've already played your hand. People know not to trust you, you'll never gain the kind of information that it's going to take to crawl back onto another alliances !@#$. And if you do get information, the alliance you give it to will discard you as soon as they've gotten it. There goes any chance of you doing something similar, you're not half as smart as you lead yourself to believe.

Edited by Shellhound
  • Upvote 2

uHQTKq6.png

Let's take this piece by piece.

P-1: Stop being a !@#$.

P-2: You've been able to talk plenty of !@#$ when you were riding EoS' !@#$, but as I thought you don't talk as much !@#$ without a half decent alliance to back you up.

P-3: Then you're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

P-4: You're trying to sound smart but you look like a !@#$ retard because TAC didn't know about this lol.

P-5: No one is actually afraid of you like you think they are. Seriously, it's almost funny but I know you're serious so it's kind of sad. "Oh no, an irrelevant leader of a mediocre alliance doesn't like me, what will I do?!"

P-6: "but then nobody here actually thinks long-term" Well maybe you don't, but that's because you think you're smarter than everyone and that people are afraid of you and because of that you believed you couldn't be attacked.

LOL

why do you care so much about this shitty game

LOL

why do you care so much about this shitty game

It's fun to !@#$ with people who have too high of an opinion of themselves.

"given the lengths i am willing to go to pursue grudges"

According to yourself you're willing to go through some pretty great lengths to settle a grudge. Why do you care so much?

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png

It's fun to !@#$ with people who have too high of an opinion of themselves.

"given the lengths i am willing to go to pursue grudges"

According to yourself you're willing to go through some pretty great lengths to settle a grudge. Why do you care so much?

the truth is the truth, man. it's not about giving a !@#$ so much as it's about "alright, well i have nothing better to do, let's see if we can roll these guys, because the alternative is being a gpa who doesn't even play, or a guardian who pretends not to play but in truth can't help but get their feet wet eventually

in the position of Terminus Est, this objectively wasn't a very good move to make in the first place

i had to !@#$ over TAC because they were going to gun for me no matter what; once they knew what i knew, they would assume i'd be like them and go after them, so i actually did because it's the only move i could really make

but for TEst, they didn't get screwed over at all. they're doing this partially for the fun of it, and partially because they're apparently a bit pissed off that i pissed in their cheerios

but that was pubstomper's fault for including me in the conversation in the first place

so what they actually did here was give me a reason to consider them enemies and to spend their limited peripheral political capital on rolling a non-threat. why would they do that? you tell me. clearly guardian is in the know here if pub ain't, or are you going to back away from that now too?

Edited by Hereno

As previously stated, no one actually gives a !@#$ if you consider them an enemy. You're a non-threat.

As for why TEst would go to war, if you think TEst needs a reason to go to war, you don't know TEst.

you could have just said "yes"

Clearly I am so incompetent that I back stabbed an alliance publicly to gain political edge but the aggressive alliance disbanded and their govt joined the losing side. Who cares about this shit game, you can either be GPA or an idiot? Clearly you all play the game too seriously.

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

Just for the record, I'm not above saying I care about this game. I've invested a fair bit if time into it, I have fun playing it and there's people here I get along with. I don't see the shame in caring about something you clearly spend time every day doing.

The big mistake you've made in your assumptions, hereno, is that we ever considered you anything close to an ally, or would ever have worked along side you. When you came to us with the half arsed colour bloc proposal, we laughed it off internally, simply because it was you, and we have no interest in trusting the most disliked leader In orbis.

The fact of the matter is, you needed us a lot more than we needed you. If you really need a solid reason for this war, I'd go with the fact that we really just do not like you. Not your alliance, you.

In fact, your members can seek peace simply by a. leaving the alliance and denouncing you, or b. Overthrowing you from power.

• Upvote 6
T7Vrilp.png

Just for the record, I'm not above saying I care about this game. I've invested a fair bit if time into it, I have fun playing it and there's people here I get along with. I don't see the shame in caring about something you clearly spend time every day doing.

The big mistake you've made in your assumptions, hereno, is that we ever considered you anything close to an ally, or would ever have worked along side you. When you came to us with the half arsed colour bloc proposal, we laughed it off internally, simply because it was you, and we have no interest in trusting the most disliked leader In orbis.

The fact of the matter is, you needed us a lot more than we needed you. If you really need a solid reason for this war, I'd go with the fact that we really just do not like you. Not your alliance, you.

In fact, your members can seek peace simply by a. leaving the alliance and denouncing you, or b. Overthrowing you from power.

Edited by Hereno

:rolleyes: You want a reason for this war? Look at the name of my nation.

:rolleyes: You want to pursue a grudge? Ask the others how that has worked out for the better part of a decade.

:rolleyes: You ask,Why would TEst choose you? You've proven yourself to be the most vile individual in all of Orbis.

You obviously know absolutely nothing about us. This is who we are,it is CLEARLY stated in the OP.

If you need further insight,go back to our DoE in Beta.

Edited by ELPINCHAZO
  • Upvote 2

no one declared on me.. i am sad :(

Well, I was supposed to, but I was asleep at the time.

Thanks for the free food, by the way - my Soylent Green plants were running low on supplies :D

• Upvote 1

HJrIaRW.jpg

"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."

-- The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (#76 of 285)