Things are getting a bit hostile?

Alex

I see no war... Only speculation from resource producing nation so they can sell resources at higher prices.. As I currently check every alliance and they movement, you'll all be surprised what I have found out.. And you'all be again surprised that my secretary at work having a double job, doing my papers in my office and the other is, this is a bit fun since it's not included in her job description, making the tally of the alliance forces. Top 15 alliance.. But she likes what I wanted her to do.. Having a spreadsheet of every alliance everyday except sat and Sunday since she's out of work..

Also, on my prediction being an economist in real life, it's only a speculation for the resource producer to sell at high price.. And I agree.. Peace will still remain in a couple of weeks... :)

Thanks to my office secretary.. She then asks, boss/madam: aren't you an economist and playing this kind of game? But I like what you're doing... Thanks to you madam.. I also have a nice view of the set up in that game as my brother wanted to play that too.. Should we teach him that game?

And I then look at her eyes and say, darling, just do your assignments and what I want you to do, and it's all good.. Don't wanna put your brother in danger.. Haha!

War is good for resource producers. Can you imagine a "neutral" alliance that focused on producing resources and encouraged war so that they could profit without actually fighting themselves? Some sort of Military Industrial-Complex alliance? 'Twould be quite interesting to see.

We certainly don't "encourage" war, peace is great! But hey, if the market ends up demanding more of a resource, we're happy to oblige and can't control who buys our resources on the global market. ^_^
xzhPlEh.png?1

War is good for resource producers. Can you imagine a "neutral" alliance that focused on producing resources and encouraged war so that they could profit without actually fighting themselves? Some sort of Military Industrial-Complex alliance? 'Twould be quite interesting to see.

I can't wait for this to happen. Then they will want war. Finally someone else aside from TEst and part of EoS. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I think a war will happen pretty soon if only because we're coming on the first 3 months of the game and something is bound to occur... looking at the top 10 and the majority of top n ations reveals that they're completely neglecting their military in favor of boosting commerce. With the prevailing theory being that should anyone attack that they'd quickly switch resources. This is a bad idea though, as some alliance is clearly planning something and with the cash windfalls from admin's post initiative we've seen some nations preparing for conflict.

Not to mention the top nation in the game is spied on... for what reason other then to see how much cash he has on hand and thus determine how much he'll be able to mobilize for war. Putting it mildly, war's inevitable and the silly "no-military" stances most people have taken is going to bite them in the asses the minute an alliance (or bloc) decides to pull the trigger.

tl;dr stock up on resources just to be safe I'd say; if you can sell them... then sell em and profit from the market.

• Upvote 1

Who says we haven't been stocking up? ARE YOU SPYING ON US?! TO WAR!!

Buy more gasoline and ammo & steel now now now! Buy Buy BUY!

All 2014 inventory most go! :P

Edited by Thulium

• Administrators

You mean GPA? Haha

200 munitions @ 1,435 each posted

I'm not sure that GPA is actively encouraging war, I think they're just in it to make the money.

It'd be very interesting to see for sure... conversely having an alliance of "pirates" offering out their warring services for an exchange of money & resources. Neutral alliance bankrolls the wars, and both sides profit. Though I imagine the more organized alliances would try and break that partnership up so who knows if it'd be viable.

Still, it's interesting to consider what could develop in future alliances.

This would be really cool to see in all honesty, and it would be smart for the big bankrolling alliances because they wouldn't take any damage necessarily.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm not sure that GPA is actively encouraging war, I think they're just in it to make the money.

This would be really cool to see in all honesty, and it would be smart for the big bankrolling alliances because they wouldn't take any damage necessarily.

We actually had that idea for Guardian when transitioning from TLG to Guardian, decided not to for whatever reason though.

uHQTKq6.png