Leadership summit

Prefontaine

Okay. since there's interest first lets discuss a time to meet. We should use two times as it's never a possibility to get everyone on at the same time. Since the radio show is a bi-weekly thing, I think we should use the off week for one of the dates, so Sunday around 9PM EST the 19th? For those unable to make sunday evening what would you prefer?

Once we get a time-frame down we'll list topics to discuss.

scSqPGJ.gif

So I thought about this a bit and while I'm for it, I can see a potential problem: if/when PW becomes a much larger community and there are hundreds of alliances and I can see this falling apart to a certain extent(or we end up making the qualifications higher).

Assuming this is put into place, I really don't think it should be like a weekly/monthly thing. For one part it may be a bit tedious, and the simple truth is just not every alliance in game will get along; while I do think that this would be nice maybe bi-annually/annually/every three month -- and of course emergency ones may be called I suppose.

The radio thing is a good idea though and I can only see that doing good.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

So I thought about this a bit and while I'm for it, I can see a potential problem: if/when PW becomes a much larger community and there are hundreds of alliances and I can see this falling apart to a certain extent(or we end up making the qualifications higher).

Assuming this is put into place, I really don't think it should be like a weekly/monthly thing. For one part it may be a bit tedious, and the simple truth is just not every alliance in game will get along; while I do think that this would be nice maybe bi-annually/annually/every three month -- and of course emergency ones may be called I suppose.

The radio thing is a good idea though and I can only see that doing good.

The radio thing is a bi-weekly thing. This summit is a once in a lifetime thing.. Until we decide to do it again.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Ah, you mean Pax Purpalia? It would be nice to see Alliances finally pay the tribute that we rightfully deserve.

On a more serious note, I've said this before, and I'll say it again. There will be no United Alliances, no League of Friendship, and no Council of Orbis. The only way anything will ever come close is if a hegemoney exists and the other alliances rally against it (ala (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) Karma War) and even then it will only be a temporary measure and will break up after the war is over.

Pax Purplia? Lol. You have an alliance that's technically a lower tier meat shield, an alliance that's 1/2 inactive, and an alliance that values pixels over anything. o/ Pax Purpless

but on a serious note. I think this is a good idea and we should try it out ;)

• Upvote 2

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

You have an alliance that's technically a lower tier meat shield, an alliance that's 1/2 inactive, and an alliance that values pixels over anything. 

Pax Purpalia applies to both signatories of PPC. TAC is currently below EoS and doesn't have a single nation in the top 10.

We could always fight a war if you are so inclined though, seeing as you chickened out on your chance in the past life.  ;)

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Pax Purpalia applies to both signatories of PPC. TAC is currently below EoS and doesn't have a single nation in the top 10.

We could always fight a war if you are so inclined though, seeing as you chickened out on your chance in the past life.  ;)

A war that has 168 nations to 64 nations? How stupid do you think we are. Also, EoS passed us because we kick anybody who fails to meet our activity requirements. If you truly wanted hegemoney then claim it and try to do something about it, I will watch as you piss off every other top alliance in doing so.

EDIT: Also this "hegemoney" had one alliance present in the summit yesterday, an alliance that hardly spoke the entire time.

Edited by Pubstomper

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Top 10 determines AA wars? This is a new notion to me. I'm assuming you read over the meat shield comment regarding EoS. I always thought it was about tiers....oh wells. The Purple Menace o/ Teaching the masses knowledge.

Also RL happened. Something you obviously have never experienced.

Btw: These are my individual views and in no way reflect TAC's standings with those darn Purples

Edited by Filthy Fifths

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Btw: These are my individual views and in no way reflect TAC's standings with those darn Purples

Obviously.

Also I forgot you did fight. I'm sorry, I forgot about how you and two other nations were unable to beat a rouge Saru dispute having an entire alliance behind you for military funding.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Obviously.

Also I forgot you did fight. I'm sorry, I forgot about how you and two other nations were unable to beat a rouge Saru dispute having an entire alliance behind you for military funding.

You are speaking as if you were the one who did it...Stop living through others and actually make a difference! Stop being a stoopid pawn. o/

I also didn't know that Alpha still meant something...Wasn't it suppose to be all funs and games? Purples and their contradictions...shame

Rage all you want. You are making an ass out of yourself. I'm having fun ;)

Edited by Filthy Fifths
  • Upvote 1

You are speaking as if you were the one who did it...Stop living through others and actually make a difference! Stop being a stoopid pawn. o/

I am? I'm pretty sure I said "Saru" in fact, let me double check. Yep says "Saru."

I also didn't know that Alpha still meant something...Wasn't it suppose to be all funs and games? Purples and their contradictions...shame

When have we contradicted ourselves? Our treaties from Alpha still stand as of this moment, in fact we seem to be the few alliances that think Alpha means anything. Alpha is extremely relevant to the current political scene and anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.  ;)

Rage all you want. You are making an !@#$ out of yourself. I'm having fun  ;)

Say's the cusser, you seem to be the one raging as you can't think straight to edit your first post and instead double post. Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Alpha is extremely relevant to the current political scene and anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.

It is, to the extent that you can't erase opinions formed of each other by those playing before now. Beyond that, it really shouldn't be.  From a strictly RP perspective, which is what this is, Alpha doesn't exist.  The new world and everything in it began on day one of final release.  It should be treated that way, but that's sometimes easier said than done.

c3Ct0v4.png

why not just go for something simple to begin, like a shared IRC channel that's kept as free of politics and in-fighting as possible and just gets added to all interested gov's ajoins? a central place to chat gov2gov without any of this huge extra stuff? maybe in the future it might make sense to expand it into something formal, but this seems like the easiest starting point and (imo) most useful.

GICjEwp.gif

why not just go for something simple to begin, like a shared IRC channel that's kept as free of politics and in-fighting as possible and just gets added to all interested gov's ajoins? a central place to chat gov2gov without any of this huge extra stuff? maybe in the future it might make sense to expand it into something formal, but this seems like the easiest starting point and (imo) most useful.

It would make the most of sense, so if one were set up I would join on behalf of my alliance. The problem is that if someone makes a jest, a person takes it as an offense, and it starts a war. Which is ironic being that on paper it seems like the opposite.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

The problem is that if someone makes a jest, a person takes it as an offense, and it starts a war. Which is ironic being that on paper it seems like the opposite.

By that logic every time I get on IRC another World War would start on Orbis.
  • Upvote 1

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

By that logic every time I get on IRC another World War would start on Orbis.

I was kind of being hyperbolic, and I get that some people will take it jokingly and no offense. But the if statement is if SOMEONE DID. The chances are low, and I agree that it probably won't be anything. But it is a possibility, I mean that's why Germany and Japan left the League of Nations. Not so much a jest but rather the failure to make an agreement. But still, the argument stands.

Edited by Vlad the Implier

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

#PWSummit exists. Leaders have OPs, Gov have hOPs.

scSqPGJ.gif

Top 10 determines AA wars? This is a new notion to me. I'm assuming you read over the meat shield comment regarding EoS. I always thought it was about tiers....oh wells. The Purple Menace o/ Teaching the masses knowledge.

Also RL happened. Something you obviously have never experienced.

Lol'd at your thinking that EoS is just a lower tier meat shield, maybe you should get out more and give us a visit. Edited by HouseofJacks

nah

• Upvote 1

Having summits seems interesting, but making any kind of treaty or constitution seems overly ambitious to me.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál