CALL FOR NU&U TREATY

Damdaka

NUCLEAR UNITY AND USE TREATY

INTRODUCTION

This treaty is bought by me, Damdaka personally, to have a deal between alliance of all P&W alliances on the use of nuclear weapons.

Man has the ability to create anything useful but when it comes to the hands of different thinker , the use of the found technology differs. The nuclear technology which was found primarily for the civil use is now becoming dangerous to all nations. First the nuclear power was used only for power in P&W but now it is being used for weapons and which in turn have contributed to high radiations level, in the on going war period in P&W it is hard to know that radiation level has hit its maximum in most of continents as listed below this treaty.If this continues all nation will be left with no food . So I feel its is the duty of alliance heads of alliance to see through the treaty and  adopt this treaty for their alliance for the benefit of all alliance and nation in the game. While going through this treaty please keep in minds the effect of nuclear radiation in various accidents and attacks around the real world.

AIM

To create the unity between alliance of Politics and War for the limited use of nuclear weapons to protect the nations of the game, as food is most important!

TREATY

1) All the alliance which adopts this treaty must follow the rules of this treaty at any situation, failing to this     may lead to cancellation of all co-operation with other alliances.

2) No nation in any alliance should attack other nation using nuclear weapon, when there is no alliance war.

3) All the alliance and its members should stop using the nuclear weapons (even when war is on), when the radiation level reaches above 85% in all the continents(region).

4) Heads of alliances (who signed this agreement)along with me will administer this policy.

5) Once this agreement is signed  all the alliance heads(who signed this agreement) will have a veto power, to bring in any alteration in this agreement.

North America Radiation Index

Food Production: -100.00%

Australia Radiation Index

Food Production: -87.15%

South America Radiation Index

Food Production: -90.42%

Europe Radiation Index

Food Production: -100.00%

Asia Radiation Index

Food Production: -95.96%

Africa Radiation Index

Food Production: -94.69%

Edited by Damdaka

To bring 100 alliances to stop to use of Nuclear Weapons is not "impossible" but it makes Nuclear Rogues much much much more powerful, and tbh it might cause more harm than good because when one Alliance gets nukes, and its sphere votes in their defense, and it causes a literally nuclear arms race and then well... We will break the radiation meter :P

Let em keep their nukes, just keep extra food or move to Oceania :P 

I hate nukes but would break the rules of this treaty just because the rules are there to be broken.

I would also challenge anyone who would try to uphold this as well, just for the excuse of fighting another nation.

Also, I would fight them without using a nuke, over having nukes because nukes suck.

• Upvote 2

A simpler solution would be to just stockpile a bit of food. I'm all for innovative changes, but this is unneeded. Food production is fast on the rise again across most continents, nuke stockpiles only last so long. Most smaller nations have an okay food stockpile or they raid for it, and larger nations should have the common sense to get a few weeks worth of food reserves before a war anyway. Props to you for bringing about a solution though, it was creative and ambitious, but it over complicated the matter. Credit for your efforts.

Edited for grammar

Edited by Bezzers
  • Upvote 2

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Cornerstone's government hereby states that this was posted without our knowledge and hereby do not endorse it as official CS policy.

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Just a note; this isn't Cornerstone policy and isn't from the Cornerstone government, just one of our member's posting a personally proposed treaty to the alliances of Orbis. This is the first the rest of us in Cornerstone (not just government) are hearing about this proposed policy, and we take no position for or against it.

Edited by Robert P. Holmes III
  • Upvote 1

Cornerstone's government hereby states that this was posted without our knowledge and hereby do not endorse it as official CS policy.

Just a note; this isn't Cornerstone policy and isn't from the Cornerstone government, just one of our member's posting a personally proposed treaty to the alliances of Orbis. This is the first the rest of us in Cornerstone (not just government) are hearing about this proposed policy, and we take no position for or against it.

I have myself mentioned it in starting.

If you guys see food stockpile will be solution, then how will the new nations of P&W get food stockpile? Won't it be hard for them?

It's true, it would be hard for them - but maybe alliances can form their recruitment messages/advertisements to identify that difficulty - pushing them to join an alliance for help. Ultimately, if you are new and you don't know the mechanics or that raiding will get you some fruits of your labor - you're gonna have a bad time.

The radiation mechanic - although poorly timed - isn't really that bad. I don't carry an overwhelming amount of food in my nation and I don't have any problems. The answer is to just stock up - ask your alliance for food - raid for resources.

Not quite sure why y'all have taken this and ran it like a headline in american media. (horribly)

• Upvote 2

If you guys see food stockpile will be solution, then how will the new nations of P&W get food stockpile? Won't it be hard for them?

You start with 250 food, more than enough to get you through the start up period and into an alliance that can spare a few tons.  Let's be honest, if you join an alliance that can't afford to give a few dozen tons of food every few days, you have bigger issues.

• Upvote 1

You start with 250 food, more than enough to get you through the start up period and into an alliance that can spare a few tons.  Let's be honest, if you join an alliance that can't afford to give a few dozen tons of food every few days, you have bigger issues.

Who came up with this myth first?

- 250 food to overcome nuclear winter.

- Nuclear winter takes 14 days at least, probably more.

- 250 / 14 = 17.86 food per day

- Supports a population of 17860

- i.e. supports total nation infra of 178.6

Even extremely new players exceed 178.6 infra in the blink of an eye. What you are saying is totally false.

77oKn5K.png

Who came up with this myth first?

- 250 food to overcome nuclear winter.

- Nuclear winter takes 14 days at least, probably more.

- 250 / 14 = 17.86 food per day

- Supports a population of 17860

- i.e. supports total nation infra of 178.6

Even extremely new players exceed 178.6 infra in the blink of an eye. What you are saying is totally false.

Well, not really a myth.  You do start with 250 tons (I know because my cousin just started playing).  250 food should last you 5 days with one city at 500 infrastructure (about 54 tons per day consumed for 500 infra), assuming you don't buy any on the market or join an alliance that can be a patron to you until the nuclear apocalpyse ends.

My point is not to argue the numbers on how long a new nation could go, but to state that someone has time to find an alliance and to get a quick infusion of food. 

What's the point in beige time at the start of the game if you, off the bat, cannot develop your nation? A player introduced to a brand new game with multiple mechanics won't 'know' that food production is 0 just after completeling the tutorial. It'll just be frustrating to be broke. 

Honestly though, what percentage of nations don't join an alliance within the first couple days? Newbies who wait longer than that get raided anyways, so they're gonna lose the food either way. Being a new nation sucks, that's just part of the game. There are no pacts to save small nations from being raided, so I don't get why there's a sudden outcry to cater to smaller nations.

I'd wager the majority of new nations join an alliance within two days of creation, and literally every alliance will provide their starving members food for free (or severely reduced cost). If not, food is still dirt cheap compared to the rest of the resources on the market. If food were over $1000-$1500ppu I could understand some of the complaining, but most of this just comes off as incessant whining at an incredibly minor inconvenience. 

Hullo

Honestly though, what percentage of nations don't join an alliance within the first couple days? Newbies who wait longer than that get raided anyways, so they're gonna lose the food either way. Being a new nation sucks, that's just part of the game. There are no pacts to save small nations from being raided, so I don't get why there's a sudden outcry to cater to smaller nations.

I'd wager the majority of new nations join an alliance within two days of creation, and literally every alliance will provide their starving members food for free (or severely reduced cost). If not, food is still dirt cheap compared to the rest of the resources on the market. If food were over $1000-$1500ppu I could understand some of the complaining, but most of this just comes off as incessant whining at an incredibly minor inconvenience. 

Nukes Launched: 12

OK, bro, we get you. Your nation's welfare is clearly more important than those of the new players. Why make a fuss, am I right?

77oKn5K.png

Nothing stops new players from joining an alliance. Especially one that isn't involved in the fighting.

There is also nothing stopping lower ranked alliances from banding together to set up an economic bloc and mass producing food for each other.

Kinda like OPEC, but for cheeseburgers.

Edited by Doom Marine
  • Upvote 2

q8nfyvc.gif

Nukes Launched: 12

OK, bro, we get you. Your nation's welfare is clearly more important than those of the new players. Why make a fuss, am I right?

Please point out where I said my nation was more important than new players. The price of food is barely double of what it was at the beginning of the war. It's gone from cheap as shit, to slightly less cheap. This whole 'sky is falling' attitude is completely unwarranted. The fact that I've fired a nuke (or 12) has zero impact on the argument I was making. It's still super easy for new players to obtain food. It's as easy as joining an alliance, which is what new members do anyways. If for some reason they choose not to join an alliance (and somehow  avoid getting raided), a new nation consumes less than 100 food per day, which at current market prices can be bought for under 20k (less than the daily income). This so called 'nuclear winter' is hyperbolic. 

Since your main concern is protection of the new players, tell me, do you also campaign against Mensa's stance on raiding unaligned players? Surely that would be a much more just cause than this minor bump in the cost of food. Surely getting raided is much more disheartening to a new player than a cut in income. 

• Upvote 1

Hullo

Ahhh so you favor taking away choice from new players and telling these players and certain alliances how to play?

How is that any different from telling players that they can't use nukes or your little 'League' adventure (literally: play by my rules or be punished)? You'd have to be blind to not see the hypocrisy in what you just said. Come back when you have a valid argument.

• Upvote 1

Hullo